List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was people’s thoughts on Smith’s role on the weekend? Had the headset on and seemed to be part of the coaching team for the day. Strange set of circumstances if he was planning on leaving this off season. Still thing Izzy and Scully will be important players with longer quarters and our return to the wide expanses of the MCG next year. Thought Scully’s games in rounds 14 and 15 were easily best at the club. We need these 2 whilst we transition the likes of Downie and Day into these roles more permanently.
I thought it was more him getting closer to the action with Poppy and Stratts retiring and feeling more involved in their last game seeing he couldn't be out there playing.

I thought it was more him getting closer to the action with Poppy and Stratts retiring and feeling more involved in their last game seeing he couldn't be out there playing.
I think the truth might be closer to someone had to fill the monkhurst role of wearing the headset and passing on the info from the box to the bench that he would usually do, as he was no longer with us in Adelaide.

I think the truth might be closer to someone had to fill the monkhurst role of wearing the headset and passing on the info from the box to the bench that he would usually do, as he was no longer with us in Adelaide.

man who is supplying the lollies on the bench then :)

I

I'm a little saddened by that. Takes a lot to dig up your life and move to the other side of the world pursuing your career (speaking from experience). It must be kinda heartbreaking for it to not progress as you'd like. Thanks for your time CG.

This is what I find bewildering about some of the "piss off, you're shit" reactions. Most players basically decide as children to abandon any other career paths to try to play football, work hard right through their teens to get drafted, and maybe they get a few games at the top level, but maybe it doesn't work out for them. Just not quite good enough.

So they find their 20-something selves unemployed and probably wondering what's next, and the sole response of some supporters is to be personally offended that they even dared to clog up a precious list spot in the first place. Like they should have known all along that they were shite and incapable of improvement, and not sullied the club with their general incompetence. You don't have to gild the lily on players who aren't much chop, but I fail to understand what people get out of being a campaigner about it.

It is, however, useful for working out who should go on ignore, so it's not all bad, I guess.

I haven’t been stalking Insta long/well enough to know...

But Moore, Henderson and Frawley have to mention of Hawthorn in their bios. Recent change or always?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But Moore, Henderson and Frawley have to mention of Hawthorn in their bios. Recent change or always?

Few players have their clubs in their profile.
The profile itself is for them to connect with people they meet. To network. It isn't a fan page

Lets just wait to see what happpens with players instead of trying to decipher if a social media account is yelling ‘Hawthorn player’ loudly enough.

HAWKS CLOSE TO LOCKING DOWN DEFENDER
HAWTHORN’S Jack Scrimshaw is on track to sign a new deal as one of the club’s brightest prospects after they effectively secured him for free at the end of 2018.
He is one of many players waiting on clarity from the AFL about the salary cap but that is the only thing stopping him from signing on given the Hawks’ determination to lock him away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting I was listening to Smith on RSN this morning, and Harf was grilling him a little about next season, and his plans. Trying not to read much into it, but he himself didn’t sound over confident he will be running around in a hawks jumper next year, and was very much of the attitude of it will be what it will be. And he didn’t categorically state he will be back...

Interesting I was listening to Smith on RSN this morning, and Harf was grilling him a little about next season, and his plans. Trying not to read much into it, but he himself didn’t sound over confident he will be running around in a hawks jumper next year, and was very much of the attitude of it will be what it will be. And he didn’t categorically state he will be back...

Doubt any of them are at the moment, and they won't be until the AFL gets their fingers out around list sizes.

Think we need Smith back for that extra run and leadership, especially if Hendo retires as rumoured..

My only thinking is that another club might come along and offer him multiple years while we’ve only offered a one year deal - you wouldn’t blame him for considering it..

Think we need Smith back for that extra run and leadership, especially if Hendo retires as rumoured..

My only thinking is that another club might come along and offer him multiple years while we’ve only offered a one year deal - you wouldn’t blame him for considering it..
I think it's been reported that Dees have a 3 year offer in front of him.

Could be a reason why we're avoiding bringing in FAs. We want the picks.
Apart from Williams and corr who else is a FA we would have interest in? I reckon it’s just we’ve had slight interest in just Williams and corr but have been beaten by the $$$ offers from Carlton and norf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back