Should Rudd be backed for the UN Sec General Job?

Should the Aust Govt back Rudd

• Yes, it would be good for the country

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Not sure/don't care

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Bit of conjecture re whether Rudd will be backed by Australia for the role of UN Secretary General.

Apparently the libs in all their wisdom could not make a decision at cabinet so its now a 'captains' pick aka poison chalice for Turnbull.

Personally I can't see who any Govt could back Rudd for anything. A terrible leader of the nation but more importantly in this instance, a terrible, vindictive person who puts himself first in everything. If Turnbull backs this it will be the official start of the end as the Nats and DelCons will turn on him.

Not surprised Bishop is for it, she has shown herself to be useless at making hard calls, preferring to dress for the cameras and smile lots.

We haven't had an Australian in such an erstwhile post at UN level since Dr. Evatt post World War II...and he had to come home thanks to the dismantling of Labor in the 1950s.

In Rudd, could there be anyone more perfectly suited to the job than him from Australia? Probably not.

Your kidding? Bloke is a nutter. Undermined his own party/leader, abusive to staff, just an all round horrible person. Was not even at the ALP launch for the last election, such is the 'love' from his own party.

Your kidding? Bloke is a nutter. Undermined his own party/leader, abusive to staff, just an all round horrible person. Was not even at the ALP launch for the last election, such is the 'love' from his own party.

The fact he's distanced himself from a party is a pro not a con.

FFS, these aren't football teams which you support through thick and thin, they are political institutions which you don't influence once you've left.

Which makes him perfect for the UN.

The fact he's distanced himself from a party is a pro not a con.

FFS, these aren't football teams which you support through thick and thin, they are political institutions which you don't influence once you've left.

And I repeat he is a nutter, worst I have seen.

I would back Gillard, Hawke, Keating for a roll overseas, they are all smart (PK a bit loopy) and have some decent attributes. Beazley was a good appointment for the US role. Can't find one for Rudd, just a shocking person.

Guess not.

Speaking in Sydney today, Mr Turnbull said he had decided the former prime minister was not suitable for the role.

He said the Federal Government would not be nominating anyone for the role.

"When the Australian Government nominates a person for a job, particularly an international job like this, the threshold question is, 'do we believe the person, the nominee, the would-be nominee is well suited for that position?'" he asked.

Toxic politics continues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I repeat he is a nutter, worst I have seen.

I would back Gillard, Hawke, Keating for a roll overseas, they are all smart (PK a bit loopy) and have some decent attributes. Beazley was a good appointment for the US role. Can't find one for Rudd, just a shocking person.
Abbott is worse...Rudd has a toxic personality with a good mind for policies in the national interest, Abbott is apparently quite likeable in person but has toxic policies. I know which I would prefer.

This may backfire on Turnbull. People can spot petty behaviour from way off and Labor has the added extra of being able to paint him as kowtowing to a loud minority within his party.

Rudd is an A grade ****stick whom most members of the Labor party despise. I find it rather hypocritical of members of the Labor party who have openly reviled him in the past for his chaotic and megalomaniac style now say that the government should be backing him for such an important world leadership role.

I'm no fan of Rudd but this is real petty & pathetic stuff.

This may backfire on Turnbull. People can spot petty behaviour from way off and Labor has the added extra of being able to paint him as kowtowing to a loud minority within his party.

Rudd is an incompetent bumbling idiot hated as much by Labor as of those in the conservatives. The last thing the world needs is that clown in any position of power. Special call out to Blubbersook who publicly eviscerated his leadership but is now sooking her crocodile tears. Another example the woman has absolutely no compass - will say or do anything.

Rudd is an incompetent bumbling idiot hated as much by Labor as of those in the conservatives. The last thing the world needs is that clown in any position of power. Special call out to Blubbersook who publicly eviscerated his leadership but is now sooking her crocodile tears. Another example the woman has absolutely no compass - will say or do anything.
Bit like all the liberals who absolutely shredded Gillard for getting rid of him. Yet, now they do acknowledge he is a nutter-how jolly upstanding of them.
Noboby in politics has the high moral ground, toughen up.

Rudd has the training, and experience to do the job, but he lacks the personality. I'd like to see Helen Clark get the job.
Pretty much this, he would never win it anyway with such a strong field of female candidates right now.

So those saying Malcom caved, this is possible but its by no means universal on the left that wanted him.
Former Labor leader and ambassador to the US, Kim Beazley, told ABC's PM program there was a "strong appetite" for female leadership.

Mr Beazley said Mr Turnbull made the right call.

"I think we should be supporting a woman for the job at the United Nations," he said.

Bit of conjecture re whether Rudd will be backed by Australia for the role of UN Secretary General.

Apparently the libs in all their wisdom could not make a decision at cabinet so its now a 'captains' pick aka poison chalice for Turnbull.

Personally I can't see who any Govt could back Rudd for anything. A terrible leader of the nation but more importantly in this instance, a terrible, vindictive person who puts himself first in everything. If Turnbull backs this it will be the official start of the end as the Nats and DelCons will turn on him.

Not surprised Bishop is for it, she has shown herself to be useless at making hard calls, preferring to dress for the cameras and smile lots.
ROFL.
Not hard to see you work for the Liberal Propaganda machine.
Why ask the question when you have written the answer.

The Libs stick their spiteful sissy little tongues out and bare their white arses again on this issue,
Unable to control their emotions long enough to pretnd to govern I hope they all get a thrashing from Bronwyn tonight before beddy-byes.
**** smokers one and all.
Malcolm becomes more flaccid with every non-decision.
His Captains call to kowtow to the faceless flogs who rule the Liberal party

Rudd was one of the first to recognise the implications of the impending global financial crisis and acted quickly to head it off. He is quite well respected outside the partisan political bubble that is Australia. He has personality issues but he carries respect in the US and China and has connections around the world. He's as suitable as the next candidate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should Rudd be backed for the UN Sec General Job?

Back