Moved Thread Should the AFL have a full pride round?

Should the AFL have a LGBTQIA+ pride round?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Depending on your definition of transitioning, between 3% and 0.15% of people who transition regret transitioning.

I acknowledge that this still leaves a subset of the population that regrets their transition, but 3% of what is already a small percentage of the population (39 from 10,000 individuals) is much lower than the binary you're proposing as equal.

That examples exist does not entail that those examples are representative of a wider population.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a read.

Well that's pretty much what I'm getting at, 'it's not ok for anyone touch your bits - not even mum and dad'.

This sort of education has been going on for more than a century in first world liberal societies.

Don't need to go into a sex education curriculum for children of formative mind years to do this.

'it's not ok for anyone touch your bits' is sex education.

Not a very good version of it, but that's what it is.

Honestly, you should really have a good think about what you are typing, before you post it.

'it's not ok for anyone touch your bits' is sex education.

Not a very good version of it, but that's what it is.

Honestly, you should really have a good think about what you are typing, before you post it.

Ok Ghosty, I'm pretty sure you don't understand that kids of formative years know what their bits are without having a curriculum based sex education. It is not a form of sex education, it's an instruction to let very young kids know it's not ok for anyone to touch you where you pee and poo.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

Ok Ghosty, I'm pretty sure you don't understand that kids of formative years know what their bits are without having a curriculum based sex education. It is not a form of sex education, it's an instruction to let very young kids know it's not ok for anyone to touch you where you pee and poo.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

So you don't think teaching consent and how that relates to body parts/sexual organs forms part of sex education?

It's clear you are out of your depth.

So you don't think teaching consent and how that relates to body parts/sexual organs forms part of sex education?

It's clear you are out of your depth.
Lol, Ghosty, we're talking about kids of formative mind years, really really young.

Kids who watch teletubbies and playschool have nfi what the context of consent even means, they just need to know who and what is bad and who and what is ok.

A curriculum based sex education is not required for them to avoid pedophiles, that education is for kids who are older and have an understanding that physical sexuality and that social aspects of sex correlates with that exists.

>Then< you introduce them to a curriculum based education, not before.

It's clear you can't see the distinction.

I'd suggest you stop there.

Lol, Ghosty, we're talking about kids of formative mind years, really really young.

Kids who watch teletubbies and playschool have nfi what the context of consent even means, they just need to know who and what is bad and who and what is ok.

That's exactly why you teach them about consent, in an age appropriate way.

How else do you think they learn things, if not by education?

Watching playschool is educational for toddlers, they probably even cover consent, respect etc by reading certain books, telling stories.

Normal for a very young kid we teach them the names of their private parts and general autonomy stuff - “my body belongs to me” seems to be the going phrase these days.

Does this qualify as “teaching consent” if “consenting” is the bit where the person says yes?

That's exactly why you teach them about consent, in an age appropriate way.

How else do you think they learn things, if not by education?
Ummm, yeah that's exactly what I've been saying.

Super young kids don't need a curriculum based sex education to be taught who / what is bad / good.

Kids who watch playschool = 'it's not ok for anyone to touch you where you pee and poo'. A simpler approach and appropriate education for that age is suffice. They don't need anything more complex than that, in fact it'd probably be counter productive.

Kids late primary / early high school = a curriculum based sex education is absolutely essential.

Western liberal societies have been doing this for more than a century now.

Can't make it any simpler than that.

Is that education enough for you?

Ummm, yeah that's exactly what I've been saying.

Super young kids don't need a curriculum based sex education to be taught who / what is bad / good.

Kids who watch playschool = 'it's not ok for anyone to touch you where you pee and poo'. A simpler approach and appropriate education for that age is suffice. They don't need anything more complex than that, in fact it'd probably be counter productive.

Kids late primary / early high school = a curriculum based sex education is absolutely essential.

Western liberal societies have been doing this for more than a century now.

Can't make it any simpler than that.

Is that education enough for you?

If they aren't at school, by definition it's not a curriculum based education.

I hope that helps.

Normal for a very young kid we teach them the names of their private parts and general autonomy stuff - “my body belongs to me” seems to be the going phrase these days.

Does this qualify as “teaching consent” if “consenting” is the bit where the person says yes?

Another excellent point, and for kids who watch playschool that's probably all they need to know.

'my body belongs to me'

To suggest that some sort of curriculum based education is required for teletubby watchers to say 'no' to pedo person is absurd imo. They just need to be taught what / who is bad / good but in simple terms - not textual information you'd educate a 12-13 yo with.

If they aren't at school, by definition it's not a curriculum based education.

I hope that helps.
Ok I'll leave it there.

You're either being deliberately ignorant or you really can't make the distinction there's intelligence levels between kids of formative mind years and pre teens.

You dug your own hole mate.

Ok I'll leave it there.

You're either being deliberately ignorant or you really can't make the distinction there's intelligence levels between kids of formative mind years and pre teens.

You dug your own hole mate.

You introduced the term 'curriculum based' to try and shift goalposts.

That was your idea, not mine.

Keep digging.

Why? Because he has a different opinion than you on this matter? Are you a parent?
He's basically saying "we shouldn't teach them about consent... except the bit where we teach them about consent in an age appropriate way."

It's silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's basically saying "we shouldn't teach them about consent... except the bit where we teach them about consent in an age appropriate way."

It's silly.

Interesting comments by the Samoan boys leading up to the World Cup final.

Begs the question of diversity:
The plotting began in a raucous dressing room at Emirates Stadium only moments after Samoa shook up rugby league’s established world order. They sang, they celebrated and they said a prayer. They thanked each other, they thanked God … and they started planning a second miracle in seven days. They did it with a smile on their face and a twinkle in their eye.

It's silly.

That's an incorrect interpretation of my post Chief.

All I'm saying is that kids who watch playschool in nappies aren't gonna have any fi what the context of consent means.

All kids of that age need is education on is what / who is good / bad.

They don't need education you'd provide to pre teens / early teens to learn that.

That's an incorrect interpretation of my post Chief.

All I'm saying is that kids who watch playschool in nappies aren't gonna have any fi what the context of consent means.

All kids of that age need is education on is what / who is good / bad.

They don't need education you'd provide to pre teens / early teens to learn that.
You are acting like it would take the form of giving them a piece of paper with the dictionary definition of "consent" written on it.

Why?

You are acting like it would take the form of giving them a piece of paper with the dictionary definition of "consent" written on it.

Why?
Because as I posted earlier, it seems it is alluded that a proper education is needed on sex education for the purposes of teaching kindy age kids about consent.

That is not required, all that is required is what liberal democratic societies have been doing for over a century now. What / who is good / bad.

Last edited:
Because as I posted earlier, it seems it is alluded that a proper education is needed on sex education for the purposes of teaching kindy age kids about consent.

That is not required, all that is required is what liberal democratic have been doing for over a century now. What / who is good / bad.

The usual suspects trying to put words in your mouth when your posts speak for themselves in totality.

In the past I've come across attitudes, especially from left leaning individuals, that today's teachers are overloaded with far too many educational tasks/checklists at schools and whinge and complain constantly that it is ridiculous/insane/irresponsible/unfair/etc.. to expect them to also act as de facto parents to their students.

On this issue though, unsurprisingly, those same left leaning individuals (most teachers lean left, especially public school ones) are probably more than happy to spend hours waxing lyrical to Primary age children that are not their own about a topic that close to their hearts, sexual minorities.

I'm sympathetic to your own experience and others like it, but never-the-less I stand firm in the belief that teachers do not have the automatic right to broach a subject with Primary school aged students that is considered a fairly delicate one by the vast majority of parents unless they have had permission beforehand from them to do so.

It is the height of arrogance to dismiss and potentially circumvent the parents wishes on how this topic should be approached with their own children and think that some unrelated adult knows better. Many children would not be mentally mature enough to fully comprehend and process what they've been told. Parents are the ones best placed to know when their own children are mentally ready to process that information and how it should to be delivered to them. This stance shouldn't be controversial but here we are.

The same applies to religion or any other subject matter that's not a core age appropriate school subject. I say age appropriate because as I've said previously I'm 100% for sex ed/sexuality being taught in High Schools. Students aged 13 and over should definitely be taught about sex ed/sexuality as part of the school curriculum, no issues with that and I'll go as far as to say that it should be a core essential subject.

Primary schools (it seems it's mostly public ones that want to overstep the mark in this matter) though should stick to teaching typical school curriculum material and discussions revolving about sexuality should be left to their own parents unless the parents themselves have requested and confirmed that they're okay with Primary school teachers taking on that responsibility.
You can really tell when someone hasn't read the curriculum.

From levels 1-2 of the Victorian curriculum, Personal and Social Capabilities:
Identify how families can have a range of relationships
(VCPSCSO011)
From 3-4:
Examine the similarities and differences between individuals and groups based on factors such as sex, age, ability, language, culture and religion (VCPSCSO020)
Identify the importance of including others in activities, groups and games
(VCPSCSO022)
From 5-6:
Define and recognise examples of stereotypes, discrimination and prejudice and discuss how they impact on the individual (VCPSCSO030)
Describe the characteristics of respectful relationships and suggest ways that respectful relationships can be achieved (VCPSCSO031)
From levels 5-6 of the Health and Physical Education curriculum:
Explore how identities are influenced by people and places
(VCHPEP105)
Investigate resources to manage changes and transitions associated with puberty
(VCHPEP106)
Investigate how celebrating similarities and differences can strengthen communities
(VCHPEP114)
The vast majority of what you're complaining about in that post is in the curriculum. You may not like this or think it should be, but that you're blaming teachers for supposedly being activists in their lessons indicates a level of ignorance concerning what actually goes on in a classroom or the responsibilities of teachers within it.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't care. However, If it would help LGBTQIA+ persons in any way then sure.
Apparently we are getting stuck with a "magic round" what ever the **** that is.
Not sure there are that many Magicians in Oz that need a hand up and recognition.
Are there any? Are they being marginalised?
Why does the AFL care about magicians?

Happy for a Pride round in it's place.
At least it would have a point other than sucking the dick of the broadcasters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Should the AFL have a full pride round?

Back