Opinion Should the AFL strip the Adelaide Crows of Draft Picks ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, the club does have a track record of accepting draft penalties in favour of head-office sanctions (Trigg/Tippett). If the AFL really wanted to make a statement they would target the thing the club treasures most: on-field success sorry, my mistake: financial success.

Nothing Illegal happened at the camp ? Not so sure about that, if the latest rumours are to be believed.

Really mate?

I read Sam Maclure’s story that he got from Jenkins/Jacobs/whoever.

Sounded like it was all a bit too much for some players to handle. Over stepped ‘the line’ for some of them.

The indigenous guys didn’t like a ‘talking stick’ being used.

I don’t doubt they all signed disclaimers and were told they would be put to the test mentally and physically.

It went to shit and was very unpopular but that doesn’t make it ‘illegal’.

Ridiculous. Its not an AFL issue and the only people who really get penalised are the players who get to play the next 5-7 years with no serious prospect of success.

Now, getting WorkCover etc involved to hold the club management and board to account..... that's a different story.

Wow just reading through some of that, it is ridiculous that shit was allowed to go ahead in this day and age. Everything that is wrong with "macho" bullshit culture, if my son had been drafted to the Crows and was put through that I would be furious. The club has been negligent in their duties and collective mind are an abomination of an organisation going by the reports of what they out the players through. Absolute morons.

I hope this isn't the type of shit the Demons players were out through on their camp and if it was no wonder they rebelled and refused to go the following year. Not sure if it was but if so I couldn't blame them.

Surely this question was bound to pop up at some stage, given the latest shocking revelations at the club.

As I said in the OP, I do not believe they should be stripped of picks, but they need some kind od heavy sanction from the AFL and Gil.
How about if we just let the club implode and go from finishing 1st in the h and a in 2017 to last in 2020 .....

surely that would be an example to the other clubs.... look what happens when you do this....

For bringing the game into disrepute and endangering the welfare of their players ?

I don't wish to kick the Crows whilst they are doing, but the fallout from the unsavoury events of this camp are reaching Hird/Dank and Essendon levels of controversy and tarring the image of the league.

I personally would let them off with a suspended sentence (draft picks wise), given how bad the state of the list is (I don't wish another club to go through what we did at Carlton after 2002) and the AFL forces everyboard member and high officials at the club (like Riccuito) to fall on their sword..

The supporters and players should not be punished for the foolish actions of their arrogant, moronic administration, I think the league really needs to throw the book at Chapman and his cronies, it's pretty much criminal what they put their players through.

What the bloody hell are you grandstanding about ??

Read the article again ................. FFS, it was run by Collective Minds, they are the ones who should have the microscope on them, not the Crows.

Thread title & post shout "look at me ... look at me". :rolleyes:

Give yourself an uppercut Elmer !!

It has been over two years since this camp and we are still discussing it. Losing draft picks? Probably won't happen.

But this stuff about personal problems from the past used against players is inexcusable. Inexcusable means - NO EXCUSE.

How do clubs get this information anyway? Is it part of the recruiting process? Some sort of psychological evaluation?

If you were interviewing for a job as a stockbroker would you give such personal information? You wouldn't.

Did the Crows have qualified people who got this info and then passed it on? If so they should be deregistered.

AFLPA have a bit to play in this.

This has gone beyond your love or hatred of the Crows. It is about the wellbeing of the humans involved.
Aflpa are an utter joke
Only care about $$$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For bringing the game into disrepute and endangering the welfare of their players ?

I don't wish to kick the Crows whilst they are doing, but the fallout from the unsavoury events of this camp are reaching Hird/Dank and Essendon levels of controversy and tarring the image of the league.

I personally would let them off with a suspended sentence (draft picks wise), given how bad the state of the list is (I don't wish another club to go through what we did at Carlton after 2002) and the AFL forces everyboard member and high officials at the club (like Riccuito) to fall on their sword..

The supporters and players should not be punished for the foolish actions of their arrogant, moronic administration, I think the league really needs to throw the book at Chapman and his cronies, it's pretty much criminal what they put their players through.

Jesus you are pathetic. Are you actually Maclure? You've spent the last 3 weeks doing nothing but shitting on the Crows so you can jam your razorthin deflection technique of not wanting to appear to kick them while they are down. I don't know why you still seem so fixated on a club at their lowest ebb but you seriously need to consider therapy. Perhaps if you take Sam and Kane along you can get a group discount.

This new allegation has had zero sources and when a camp member was asked their response was along the lines of 'can't remember shit'.

So basically at this stage journos are making up shit to keep writing.

The camp was ****ed and the club needs to sort their shit out but asking for draft picks to be taken....how the **** is that even a sanction that actually suits the supposed crime?

Seriously, how?

There are different sanctions available and you think draft picks is the appropriate one? Why because they are about to get pick 1 and you can't handle the thought of that?

YOUR SUGGESTION DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE. it's so unrelated it's not funny. fines/sackings/suspensions/mandatory training makes sense But what the **** do draft picks have to do with it?

Did you imagine your life turning out like this?

What the bloody hell are you grandstanding about ??

Read the article again ................. FFS, it was run by Collective Minds, they are the ones who should have the microscope on them, not the Crows.

Thread title & post shout "look at me ... look at me". :rolleyes:

Give yourself an uppercut Elmer !!
Hed like to conflate being caught deliberately trying to cheat every player, club and fan in a billion dollar comp - with shooting yourself in the foot.

/thread

Isn’t it an AFL cover up now?

In the same report, players said they were confronted by men in army fatigues, carrying fake automatic weapons and told to keep their heads down on a bus as heavy metal music blared through the speakers

:tearsofjoy:

Was it Def Leppard ?.

That would definitely constitute cruel and unusual punishment.

Why?

This is nothing like Essendon and systemic PED programs.

The club was sold a concept by a contractor who would have claimed to be experts in this area. Obviously the club failed in its due diligence and didn't understand the depths the program would delve into.

Heads have rolled. Players have left and the club has fallen into a rebuild sooner than expected.

The only person left who's position should be reviewed is Mark Richutto. A hell of a lot has gone wrong on his watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Should the AFL strip the Adelaide Crows of Draft Picks ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back