List Mgmt. Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well you’d think so wouldn’t you… Let’s see if Laura agrees in an attempt to (somewhat ironically) maintain a shred of integrity.
You realise our PPs were essentially **** all.

You'd get two picks in the 2025 draft that needed to be traded out this year - a second and a third round pick after your current picks in those rounds. You'd also get two extra spots on the list for rookie players.

We traded our equivalent of those picks for Griffin Logue and Darcy Tucker.

Then the following year (ie 2025 draft,) if you still needed help you'd get an end of first round pick and two end of first round picks for the 2026 draft that were conditional on your performance in 2026, altho you could trade them during the 2025 trade period (and you'd be mad not to trade them for an immediate benefit cos the AFL couldn't take that away if you came good.) You'd keep the two extra rookie spots.

All of those end of first round picks would end up in the mid 20s because of the number of f/s and academy picks that went in the first round.

So if you get what we got then this year you'll get an extra second and an extra third round pick in the 2025 draft that have to be traded for players and two extra rookie spots on the list.

That is all.

Its absolutely terrible and will destroy the integrity of the draft for decades. No wonder people are up in arms about it.

How about the North 2022 package. As 99% of posters are saying.

A future 2nd and 3rd that must be traded for players.
Plus two extra rookie spots.

Honestly for you lot given most of your good players are older and will be gone soon - and the context of our support was us getting older players to support the young guys - you probably need something like five extra rookie spots and something in the way of a rule tweak that lets you develop them. ie a bunch of young guys over a few years in the expectation that you get an extra two or three players who will play seniors in a couple of years out of it.

You'd know your list better than I do tho so you might have different ideas.

We cooked our list with poor drafting from 2014-2017, especially in middle rounds of those drafts, and poor recruiting from 2016-2019. It created a bit of a demographic crisis in the list - the vast majority of the players we got from those sources were gone by 2021 cos they weren't good enough.

You realise our PPs were essentially **** all.

You'd get two picks in the 2025 draft that needed to be traded out this year - a second and a third round pick after your current picks in those rounds. You'd also get two extra spots on the list for rookie players.

We traded our equivalent of those picks for Griffin Logue and Darcy Tucker.

Then the following year (ie 2025 draft,) if you still needed help you'd get an end of first round pick and two end of first round picks for the 2026 draft that were conditional on your performance in 2026, altho you could trade them during the 2025 trade period (and you'd be mad not to trade them for an immediate benefit cos the AFL couldn't take that away if you came good.) You'd keep the two extra rookie spots.

All of those end of first round picks would end up in the mid 20s because of the number of f/s and academy picks that went in the first round.

So if you get what we got then this year you'll get an extra second and an extra third round pick in the 2025 draft that have to be traded for players and two extra rookie spots on the list.

That is all.

It’s absolutely terrible and will destroy the integrity of the draft for decades. No wonder people are up in arms about it.
This is exactly what I’m expecting. No more, no less.

The 1R and 2 x F1 were not **** all, which I would be expecting next year, all things being equal.

It’s a shame Laura is so out of her depth.

Plus two extra rookie spots.

Honestly for you lot given most of your good players are older and will be gone soon - and the context of our support was us getting older players to support the young guys - you probably need something like five extra rookie spots and something in the way of a rule tweak that lets you develop them. ie a bunch of young guys over a few years in the expectation that you get an extra two or three players who will play seniors in a couple of years out of it.

You'd know your list better than I do tho so you might have different ideas.

We cooked our list with poor drafting from 2014-2017, especially in middle rounds of those drafts, and poor recruiting from 2016-2019. It created a bit of a demographic crisis in the list - the vast majority of the players we got from those sources were gone by 2021 cos they weren't good enough.

Yes a couple of extra rookie spots would be very helpful.

And extending the time allowed on a rookie list by another 12 months to allow 3 years of development time before having to make a call.

Would also help lift the Beagles depth and development.

The second simmo was shown out the door we should have had discussions about pp already.

To go about sacking the coach with no assurance that we would get one is insane.

Discussion should have started prior to simmo sacking is all I'm saying.

We aren't following the welfare kid norf model. We get more cos we pay more to AFL. Also how afl helped norf failed. So our approach should be top 1 pick or GCS package

2-3 more years and you'll get a pick. wont be this year.

So Eagles will need to be twice as bad as North? And the North package was too small in the first years to make any impact.

Sounds about right from AFL House.

And over these 2 to 3 years how much more priority access assistance will the Swans, Lions, Suns and Giants get? Another 6 1st round picks between them? Likely more?

Lions and Blues take full advantage in the father son priority access lucky dip this year. Pies get another next year in McGuane.

But teams struggling in 18th get nothing except their later picks diluted and players poached.

Last edited:
The second simmo was shown out the door we should have had discussions about pp already.

To go about sacking the coach with no assurance that we would get one is insane.

We aren't following the welfare kid norf model. We get more cos we pay more to AFL. Also how afl helped norf failed. So our approach should be top 1 pick or GCS package

Why?

That's a Random thought.

What has the timing of letting a coach go got to do with requesting assistance?

What advantage is there in asking before he goes?

Why?

That's a Random thought.

What has the timing of letting a coach go got to do with requesting assistance?

What advantage is there in asking before he goes?
Because by giving the impression we are unstable and in chaos we may get a pick or help plead the case.

It's as simple as we are about to sack our coach and we need help

It should have been used as leverage is all I'm saying.

Why can't it be still used as leverage?

I don't get why it matters if we asked before or after parties decided to finish up yesterday.

Are we less in need for assistance today than Monday?

And we should have told the AFL in this conversation we were about to let the coach go? That's how leaks occur and clubs look foolish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly what I’m expecting. No more, no less.

The 1R and 2 x F1 were not **** all, which I would be expecting next year, all things being equal.

They're basically early second round picks. All our players from the top 20 of any draft recently are not from PPs or AFL assistance. They were from trades and FA compo. I agree players in the 20s are nothing to sneeze at tho, calling it FA was a bit over the top.

It’s a shame Laura is so out of her depth.

She's just the face of the organisation. Andrew Dillon is in charge of the AFL and he uses Kane to shield himself from the flack he should cop very well.

What a crock of entitled garbage.

There's also a good argument that you should get nothing because it seems your players were white-anting the coach and if that's the case then your results don't accurately reflect where you should be on the ladder. If you have players tanking to get the coach sacked then that isn't something PPs will fix.

Yes a couple of extra rookie spots would be very helpful.

And extending the time allowed on a rookie list by another 12 months to allow 3 years of development time before having to make a call.

Would also help lift the Beagles depth and development.
Yeah I completely agree.

Altho I thought rookies had three or even four years these days.

But yeah, the real way to deal with clubs having a long time at the bottom, and to make equalisation work despite F/Ss and NAs, is thru rookie lists and development.

Exciting news for Norf fans - could be another handout coming!

Less exciting news - it’s not millions of our dollars or free players to prop up your club’s baseless existence like you’re used to…

I’ll leave it to you to figure out what it might be!

There's also a good argument that you should get nothing because it seems your players were white-anting the coach and if that's the case then your results don't accurately reflect where you should be on the ladder. If you have players tanking to get the coach sacked then that isn't something PPs will fix.
Forgotten whose board you're on champ?

It's a tumultuous time for our club.
If you're not going to respect our club, piss off back to your own board.

Hmm,

Didn't Norf get assistance after the players white-anted Noble?

Exciting news for Norf fans - could be another handout coming!

Less exciting news - it’s not millions of our dollars or free players to prop up your club’s baseless existence like you’re used to…

I’ll leave it to you to figure out what it might be!
Easy Big Fella.

North are on their way back.
They got a massive 17 000 for their last home game.

After getting a win.
They're hoping to crack 20 000 for the next one.

Hmm,

Didn't Norf get assistance after the players white-anted Noble?
Yeah we got pick one and 100 million dollars. Like I said two later picks you have to trade this season and rookie spots is reasonable.

But ... Noble was a shit coach who never got another gig. Simmo was a premiership coach who was backstabbed by some players (with the help of a bald idiot named after a penis) in the WA media and still has alot of respect among some of the other Eagles players. None of our players played badly to get rid of Noble but can you say that about everyone in your side?

Either way that's not also a reason to give you pick one as a PP like yer clueless, entitled mate upthread said it was.

Forgotten whose board you're on champ?

It's a tumultuous time for our club.
If you're not going to respect our club, piss off back to your own board.
I'm not disrespecting your club, just the contents of ole mates post.

No one wants to see the stuff youse have gone thru in the last few days at their footy club. It sucks.

Yeah we got pick one and 100 million dollars. Like I said two later picks you have to trade this season and rookie spots is reasonable.

But ... Noble was a shit coach who never got another gig. Simmo was a premiership coach who was backstabbed by some players (with the help of a bald idiot named after a penis) in the WA media and still has alot of respect among some of the other Eagles players. None of our players played badly to get rid of Noble but can you say that about everyone in your side?

Either way that's not also a reason to give you pick one as a PP like yer clueless, entitled mate upthread said it was.
We've gone as bad as Norf did before their first round assistance.

If hiring an unqualified coach, then having your players white-ant his replacement because they didn't like someone calling out how shit they were, then WCE should be getting assistance for at least trying to do it properly.

I'm not disrespecting your club, just the contents of ole mates post.

No one wants to see the stuff youse have gone thru in the last few days at their footy club. It sucks.

You are disrespecting our club posting garbage like this.

We are pretty chill on this board.......unlike others.

But you are on thin ice with the above.

If we were offered a F2 and F3 pick for 2025 that we had to trade plus two extra rookie spots, I’d take it and run

It’s hard to argue an assistance package like that would be unreasonable either

List Mgmt. Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

Back