Game Day Showdown 51

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want us to win & will barrack for us as always, but the shit part of the whole thing is deep down like most for the club going forward a loss serves us better for the ultimate goal of Hinkley leaving. How the bloody hell does it get to this for a Showdown?

My tip we'll win a scrappy, dire affair, Hinkley & his media mates to claim we've turned a corner, only for that corner to lead a brick wall in the shape of Melbourne where we get smacked off the park.

Just win the bloody game. 15 points, 15 goals, doesn't matter. Win the game and start to get some self-belief back.

Now they've realised playing two tall flankers and a not quite ready yet to lead the key forwards kid in the key positions wasn't working without Dixon there, make the change to the forward structure work. Defend the ground, stop the easy transition and score like Russell Brand.

m8 our season died about halfway through the third quarter last week. If we win tonight we're just defibrillating a corpse.

I understood posts like this in the immediate aftermath of the loss to hawthorn, it was an embarrassing performance and we did it in eberts tribute game which made it worse. But I don’t really get them now and deep down I know no port supporter actually wants them to lose tonight so why is every second post suggesting that.

Most on here were predicting Brisbane would smash us, they didn’t, in fact we were 4 goals up late in the 3rd and if it wasn’t for key players going down we probably would’ve hung on and won.

So we are reacting to one really bad loss in a 22 round season. Even in 2020 and 2021 we had some bad losses but we never had the personnel we have out now.

The fact some of those key personnel aren’t due back for a while does worry me though but I’m not willing to give up the season in round 2. And want to give them the chance to respond tonight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lose tonight and there will be blood spilled in the stands at the Melbourne game next Thursday. I'm all for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The debate in my head is who do I dislike more... Ken Hinkley or Crows fans... It says a lot about the shitfulness of Ken Hinkley that this is even a debate.

A loss probably does more for the club long term if it hastens Ken's exit, but I really hate Adelaide... I know as soon as I enter the stadium that hatred will overtake my Ken loathing and I'll just want to win, but I fully understand that I may have to witness another shitting of the bed and collect on my Adelaide hedge bet.

I understood posts like this in the immediate aftermath of the loss to hawthorn, it was an embarrassing performance and we did it in eberts tribute game which made it worse. But I don’t really get them now and deep down I know no port supporter actually wants them to lose tonight so why is every second post suggesting that.
I absolutely do. You don't get to tell me what I do and don't want. I don't want us to win another game until Hinkley is sacked.

Only drinking…

cachaca-51-edicao-internacional.png

I want us to win & will barrack for us as always, but the shit part of the whole thing is deep down like most for the club going forward a loss serves us better for the ultimate goal of Hinkley leaving. How the bloody hell does it get to this for a Showdown?

My tip we'll win a scrappy, dire affair, Hinkley & his media mates to claim we've turned a corner, only for that corner to lead a brick wall in the shape of Melbourne where we get smacked off the park.

Unless we completely capitulate that's probably how it will go down. An uninspiring win and some PR talking about bouncing back and winning gritty. Hinkley will sit back smugly drinking his Coke Zero and will praise how well the club has done winning with adversity due to all the injuries etc.

Bring the pressure and play strong tough footy Ports, just win Farkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back