Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's not forget SPP got 4, for having a player spun into him because he tucked an elbow. If Houston has hit him high, his is clearly worse.

It's so frustrating, because for all intents and purposes, it was a great and fair hit. Hospital pass, set him up, and Houston met him solidly up the middle. If Rankine bounces up and moves on, we're all good. However he appears to have either copped a hit to the head, or has knocked himself out on the ground and now we'll lose our AA HBF for the rest of the season. Huge loss.

I don't reckon he'll go anywhere now.

Bump was legal

Head hit ground

Knocked Out

Dan will get 6 weeks

Had my first interaction with a crows supporter at work this morning. She was telling me about our disgraceful behaviour booing Rankine off the field. Told her they also had form, which she denied, from her position of moral superiority. It was great to have this handy:

View attachment 2084347

Needless to say that ended the discussion. Sharing here as it could be handy to others for similar interactions with the morally superior and teeth-perfect crowies.
You could have also reminded her of that other famous Showdown case, vis a vis Bickley's elbow vs Wakelins jaw, circa 2002, which was also a season ending injury and in all probability cost you blokes the flag that year as it totally unsettled your defence. Or Jameson vs Cummings in 1997......

Last edited:
100 percent a useless campaigner who needs a bullet ..

****ing A grade campaigner
Gerard Healy fits into that category that we all know and love. Snarly old egomaniac men who were classic underachievers ( part of the Melbourne rabble in the late 70s and early 80s that got kicked from pillar to post, and then the shame and disgrace that was the Toilet Ducks in the years immediately after their move to Sydney ) but seem to have the answer for everything. And as an independent observer, I have noted he does seem to have a bug up his arse about Port.

Crows caller on Kane & Bucks show "remember Port nearly killed your father that day Kane" lol yes Dan Houston took a decade to hone his sniper skills and put a bump on.

Oh which day, they have to be more specific.

People might say that's squibbling the contest but he's actually done the right thing bodywise, both for himself, his team-mates positions and for the opposition. Just didn't hold on to the ball.

Couldn't disagree more strongly. Pin the ears back and striaght through the ball and hes gone before Evans gets there and running towards goal.

1724029073205.png

Interestingly, the full match video replay of this game is still not available on the AFL website.
All of yesterday's games are available. AFL trying to get some doctoring done?

Interestingly, the full match video replay of this game is still not available on the AFL website.
All of yesterday's games are available. AFL trying to get some doctoring done?
Ours and the st Kilda game at the same time.

Edit: nope the other game is there now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People might say that's squibbling the contest but he's actually done the right thing bodywise, both for himself, his team-mates positions and for the opposition. Just didn't hold on to the ball.

Couldnt disagree more. If he ran full pelt at that he would have been fine. He deliberately short stepped. All because of 6 gamer Logan Evans who weighs about 35kg was coming the other way. Rachele could be the most gutless player ive ever seen.

Turning side on for a collision when contesting a loose ball is fine. Rachele short steps, and then loses the ball because he pulls out of the contest to avoid body contact.
He's done the right thing if he's playing netball.
Bullshit, the right thing to do in netball is get the ball first. If you get the ball, you also get the call for contact.

Watching the replay. Ben Keays looks like if someone typed “pigeon chested private school incel” into an AI image generator

Taking Houston's hit out, I was happy with the tough, ruthless nature we went out there with.
Everyone seemed to have taken some angry pills before the game. Hell even boak and aliir were getting stuck in.
Was lots of blocks off the ball, lots of niggle and bumps.
Perfect for finals footy. We seem to have that not back down nature that hopefully carries on onto the finals.
Helps when your lead by jhf, butters etc. these guys are at the point where they seem to refuse to want to loose or take a backwards step

Even Evans our what 6 gamer went to run through Rachelle only for Rachelle to pull out of the contest.

The melb game while ugly and the crows game were a perfect prep for finals action

I know we bang on about him because we love the bloke but again props to JHF. This game that moment, well in his right to get in there and get amongst the biff but ever since the gold coast game hes never taken it further than it has to. Imagine being out disciplined than a 21 year old in their third season fogarty.

Also interesting reads that Bond is their next Luke Brown type. Real high hopes theyre aiming for

Had my first interaction with a crows supporter at work this morning. She was telling me about our disgraceful behaviour booing Rankine off the field. Told her they also had form, which she denied, from her position of moral superiority. It was great to have this handy:

View attachment 2084347

Needless to say that ended the discussion. Sharing here as it could be handy to others for similar interactions with the morally superior and teeth-perfect crowies.
Amazing given their are multiple posters in the Crows board claiming they have never seen anything like it in their entire lives...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll give whoever deserves it the credit, but I liked the post-game presser how Zak was talking about how the week leading in was focused on us. It was clear we weren't going to get sucked into any bullshit and brought down to their level and we didn't. Good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back