Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's not examine why the game was lost. Or why they finished bottom 4. Or why they haven't made finals for 7 years. Instead let's all pile on how Houston is a monster, umpires are on the take, port supporters are feral, why Rachelle talks a good game then squibs a contest with 18yo Logan Evans.... I was happy as leaving AO yesterday. I'm absolutely delighted now. Fundamentally shite empty franchise. Rachelle is perfect for them.

Also, this exposes Koch's folly about being everyone's 2nd favourite team. Bask in the hate and jealousy and let it be us against the world. Served us just fine for decades.
Very good post.

Yep, I saw a few "worst bump ever" type posts, and I had to check that Webster on Simpkin wasn't just something I dreamed up. The same outrage merchants have gone from playing down everything as a "football collision" to baying for blood and demanding 6+ week suspensions. The narrative on bumps has changed dramatically in about 12 months.
Houston’s bump in play.. ball with Rankine

Rankine hits an unsuspecting starecvich off the ball.

Surely Houston is max 3.. and surely finals are weighted higher than ordinary games

We need to play rata as insurance for the backline

They can play him as the sub then surely? I don't think you can carry someone like that just in case if you have better options available.

I think he potentially moves back to defence and then we shuffle around to cover Houston, but if he's playing KPF, he's not really contributing.

They can play him as the sub then surely? I don't think you can carry someone like that just in case if you have better options available.

I think he potentially moves back to defence and then we shuffle around to cover Houston, but if he's playing KPF, he's not really contributing.
He was disappointing last night..

Just worry if a hogan type gets hold of us early, as he has done recently, he could be an option..

Ratagolea is a huge upgrade on what Marshall brought as a second forward.

Genuine contested marking threat. Competitive in the air which means his opponent has to pay him due respect. Mad tackling at ground level.

Marshall's only avenue into the team is if Georgiades gets injured or he can fill in the Francis Evans role. Other than that he is a sanfl player.

I thought we came to play from the first bounce. Yes we were sloppy. Yes Adelaide slightly had the edge in first half. But the intensity was there and I knew that at worst we would take it to the end, which we did.

We just outlasted them in that respect.

The low scoring had really nothing to do with the forward line. It was just a slog. That's high pressure football and we did it well.

Thought playing Aliir as essentially the goal keeper was a really good tactical decision. Completely cut off the Joe the gooses which have killed us historically.

Thought Burton was nowhere near as bad as people have said. Had a really good first quarter and then dropped off a bit, but considering he is a makeshift forward thought it was a decent effort.

Yep, I saw a few "worst bump ever" type posts, and I had to check that Webster on Simpkin wasn't just something I dreamed up. The same outrage merchants have gone from playing down everything as a "football collision" to baying for blood and demanding 6+ week suspensions. The narrative on bumps has changed dramatically in about 12 months.
Imagine the reacts if it was Flog on Rozee...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is no way Dan Houston gets off this.

Even if our legal eagle produces definitive 8K footage that the highest he made impact was collarbone.
Probably why he wants to go back to Victoria. If he played for BigVic™ the contortions the AFL journos would go through to get him off would put the Liberty Low Down to shame.

I’ve explained what is required for it to be deemed intentional:

1. Behind play; or
2. Intended to commit reportable offence (i.e. offender intended to bump opponent high)

The Houston incident ticks neither of these boxes. The incident should be classified as careless but as we know, this league is illegitimate, compromised and corrupt.

A good lawyer is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

"PORT Adelaide gun Dan Houston has been sent straight to the Tribunal for his brutal bump on Izak Rankine, but his fate remains clouded after the Match Review Officer classified the incident as careless rather than intentional.
Houston laid out Rankine in the third quarter of
the Showdown on Saturday night. Rankine was eventually helped to his feet and driven off the ground on a medical cart, and was ruled out of the game due to concussion.
The Match Review Officer graded the incident as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact, sending Houston straight to the Tribunal"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratagolea is a huge upgrade on what Marshall brought as a second forward.

Genuine contested marking threat. Competitive in the air which means his opponent has to pay him due respect. Mad tackling at ground level.
He cant kick though... He is actually a worse kick than Butcher, and that's saying something...

He'll piss off to Geelong in a couple of years and we will get the blame.

Episode 2 Whatever GIF
No thanks. We don't want the tosser.

Houston’s bump in play.. ball with Rankine

Rankine hits an unsuspecting starecvich off the ball.

Surely Houston is max 3.. and surely finals are weighted higher than ordinary games
We'll see where Dan sits on the Daicos - SPP continuum. SPP would get 8. Rankine would be made to write Daicos a formal apology.

Lol just had a listen to Sunday podcast with KG.

Full of excuses for the loss.

KG .. “Wah Wah Wah Wah the Houston incident turned the game Wah Wah Wah”

Crows Caller… “Houston wants to leave Port because he doesn’t fit into that club. He is normally a good person, not like the Port thugs ..and that is why he wants to leave Port.”

Wah Wah Wah
“Port… bad
Crows… good blokes and fair players 🤣

Yeah turned it off.

Sincerely sorry for Dan Houston. Great bloke and fair player. He looked distraught after the match. But it was great to see Rankine go down like the sack of shyte he is. Show pony who deserves all he gets. Having lived in SA for several years I love seeing you blokes stick it to the liquorice allsorts. I get so sick of hearing them whining and carping about the events of 1990 and whipping up spite in these Showdowns with petty comments, only to squeal like pigs when it comes back to bite them on the arse. Time to build a bridge. Great to see Rat doing so well with you guys. If we don't take it out I'm hoping you guys can do, obviously for Kenny's Geelong connections. Good luck for the rest of the year.
PS If it's Boaky's swansong, any chance of him coming home to the Bellarine Peninsula, but not to Torquay - they don't need any more quality players. You're welcome down at the Fishbowl any time Trav..:)

One of my all time favourite memories ❤️

Aka nearly sh*t himself and Carr had the first cocked and ready to go bang, but thought "why waste time with this flog" and trotted off.
Aka had zero influence on the game from that point onwards.
I loved the headbut incident with Josh and the Arnie celebration as he came to the bench. I think that was a game against Brisbane as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back