Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a club that plays the victim card more than this mob..

Been playing the victim card for the best part of 20 years..
And now on their board, that bunch of sad sacks are having a go about Willie Rioli being racist trolled on social media.
Oh hang on - racism is within their club code of conduct isn't it.....

This might have been asked and answered already,

In the 4th, DBJ kicked a goal and in the resulting scuffle afterwards Butters was awarded a free kick.

Why wasn't the kick taken on the goal line?
I though a free after a goal was always taken on the goal line. Is my memory incorrect, has the rule changed or did the umpire get it wrong?
I think you're right.

Flogatry also marked and played on out of bounds.

In the 4th, DBJ kicked a goal and in the resulting scuffle afterwards Butters was awarded a free kick.

I though a free after a goal was always taken on the goal line. Is my memory incorrect, has the rule changed or did the umpire get it wrong?

Once the goal has been kicked, the ball is back at the centre circle from a free kick perspective.

A free kick off the ball is always paid where the ball is, or where the infringement occurred, whichever is closer to the goal of the team who are being paid the free.

While we're bitching about the umps, there were a couple of horrendous calls where they didn't pay a downfield free despite the free being for a player being pushed over after kicking it. One on the outer wing was particularly egregious. Brought back to where the kick was taken.

While we're bitching about the umps, there were a couple of horrendous calls where they didn't pay a downfield free despite the free being for a player being pushed over after kicking it. One on the outer wing was particularly egregious. Brought back to where the kick was taken.
That was a late shove on Butters.

To add it the missed down the ground free, it should've been a 50m for how the ball was returned.

Pretty sure the return kick was misdirected, and a Crows player proceeded to hit the ball away further delaying the restart.

And now on their board, that bunch of sad sacks are having a go about Willie Rioli being racist trolled on social media.
Oh hang on - racism is within their club code of conduct isn't it.....
Well walker didn't play so he must have been busy typing away

Thunder got punched during the game and suffered a blood nose, those Crows teenagers are rabid. I guess they get taught that at home.
And Rioli racially vilified online.
Such a pathetic excuse for a club.
I hate to nitpick, but corporation - not club. There is a distinct difference. There's only 10 legitimate ' clubs' in the AFL. The rest are corporations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's taken from the spot of the offence or the centre circle - whichever is more advantageous to the team receiving the free.

Would have been more cheating from that campaigner Stevic. campaigner campaigner.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it warms my heart to contemplate the fact that a player who was overlooked by the Crows has just won the Showdown medal.

Chayce “destitute man’s Andy McGrath” Jones will retire with 3 and prove you wrong!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back