Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s nothing. Embarassing that it even made it to the media, let alone police.
Nothing tells you a crap story is coming like...'Channel 7 news Adelaide can exclusively reveal...' And they go on to show the same 5 second footage over and over again, which doesn't even show the moment the guy's hat got tipped off.

(P.S. When Channel Seven News says they have an 'exclusive' it generally means they paid someone for exclusive use of the video or story. Which makes it even more hilarious).

Last edited:

It’s nothing. Embarassing that it even made it to the media, let alone police.
Agree that it's a nothing incident, but as a footballer he needs to be smarter than to physically interact with the crowd in that manner, particularly the opposition crowd. As benign as the action may have been, had the fan reacted and reached over the fence and physically contacted Crouch then the fan would probably be facing some consequences.

I'm not saying that Crouch will or should get any penalty, there really isn't much to the incident, but he should be reminded that interacting with the crowd like that isn't necessarily that clever.

Agree that it's a nothing incident, but as a footballer he needs to be smarter than to physically interact with the crowd in that manner, particularly the opposition crowd. As benign as the action may have been, had the fan reacted and reached over the fence and physically contacted Crouch then the fan would probably be facing some consequences.

I'm not saying that Crouch will or should get any penalty, there really isn't much to the incident, but he should be reminded that interacting with the crowd like that isn't necessarily that clever.
That i agree with. Just another example of the overblown emotional bullshit that goes with showdowns in this state. They genuinely **** with the psyche of the whole state. But the media can’t have it both ways, they talk up the rivalry and encourage players to say dumb shit about the opposition, then we have players that are silly enough to taunt and interact with the crowd, and they wonder why people’s emotions run high and there is booing.

I do think the afl should give crouch a please explain, if they have gone that far already to Rioli giving the finger to the crowd this is worse. But that is as far as it should go.

Is there a club that plays the victim card more than this mob..

Been playing the victim card for the best part of 20 years..
My favourite is from the 2017 GF, "If Eddie had been awarded that free kick in the second quarter, we would have won." Their delusion knows no bounds.

Old mate Kenny not friends with Nicks anymore. About time Ken worked it out, we here to win footy games not be mates.
Ken should of stayed away from Nicks, what was he expecting a coach that just lost a Showdown and knowing that his best player was taken out of the game, that's footy and how it goes sometimes, he doesn't have to make any excuses to an opposition coach, only if Donuts worked this out years ago.
Maybe Ken was simply saying goodbye to Nicks, because this is his last Showdown, and he's leaving the state soon.......

Crouch is such a strange case.

Essentially banished from AFL football for being the epitome of empty calories, then brought back when nobody else wanted him, and slots straight back into his usual accumulator role despite not really changing because Adelaide are terrible and he’s still one of their better players compared to the rest of the bare cupboard.

Seemed overly riled the other night. Gesticulating for frees (what happened to the crackdown on dissent, btw?), that weird flail at Boak, and now the supporter incident.

He’s contracted to the end of 2025, so it’s not like he’s been told he’s off to the Pakenham Pirates where he belongs.

Weird.

"Well... here we are. I never thought I’d be standing here, facing the harsh reality that for one split-second mistake – knocking off a Port Adelaide fan’s hat – I’m sentenced to play for the Adelaide Crows... forever. Forever. That’s a long time to be wearing red, gold, and navy.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my teammates and the fans, but... forever? No trades, no retirement, no escape? That’s like being stuck in a never-ending pre-season. The grind, the ups and downs, the losses... and I have to relive them again and again, season after season? I’m not sure how much anyone could handle that.

But hey, a penalty's a penalty. I guess this is my life now... an eternity at Adelaide Oval. Pray for me".

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These Showdowns and derby's give me the shits, it's like the AFL are saying here you SA and WA, go play your Grand Finals while us Victorians will focus on the real one.

Despite them having plenty of equivalents during the season…

Crouch is such a strange case.

Essentially banished from AFL football for being the epitome of empty calories, then brought back when nobody else wanted him, and slots straight back into his usual accumulator role despite not really changing because Adelaide are terrible and he’s still one of their better players compared to the rest of the bare cupboard.

Seemed overly riled the other night. Gesticulating for frees (what happened to the crackdown on dissent, btw?), that weird flail at Boak, and now the supporter incident.

He’s contracted to the end of 2025, so it’s not like he’s been told he’s off to the Pakenham Pirates where he belongs.

Weird.

Strange also when you consider how they publically treated his brother. I wouldn't be surprised if he hates the place. They all do once they leave.

Strange also when you consider how they publically treated his brother. I wouldn't be surprised if he hates the place. They all do once they leave.

Geez I haven't seen that before. Nicks really is a shit coach lol. You can see the other coaches and players think he is an idiot the way he talks.

Geez I haven't seen that before. Nicks really is a shit coach lol. You can see the other coaches and players think he is an idiot the way he talks.

I know of managers in my own field of work that have come in and said "if you don't do x, y & z, there's the door" and guess what people usually do? It's a terrible way to deal with people.
Nicks is about as uninspiring as it gets.

Watching that just made the win even better.

That was hilarious.

I felt like someone was going to agree to take Staukas with their first pick of the draft.

And then Sloane gives them a bit to chew saying they were the best two way midfield in the comp and they just need a mind reset.

I mean I haven't seen a bigger collection of scrubbers since I walked down the cleaning aisle at Bunnings.

Have not seen that before.

And looking at the dumb arse sycophants in crow beanies getting in on the circle jerk in that video made me feel a wee bit sorry for Nicksy. (don't worry I got over it pretty quickly).

Have not seen that before.

And looking at the dumb arse sycophants in crow beanies getting in on the circle jerk in that video made me feel a wee bit sorry for Nicksy. (don't worry I got over it pretty quickly).
Sign him up for life, Roo!!!

It's trivial but seriously, keep your hands to yourself. It's not that hard. So he's mouthing off, so what? Just ignore him and get off the ground.

And why is Koch calling for calm when the string of reported incidents all involve crows behaving badly?

Cue the set up calls on 5AA tonight from crows fans who were abused or spat on by feral Port supporters in phantom incidents.

How does it end? I fell asleep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back