Game Day Showdown XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually I disagree - it wasn't Ports kicking that killed it for them - it was their lack of clearances, poor midfield and the sheer fact we wanted that far more than they did - even when we lost Tahlia and Sauce for part of the match. I'm enjoying it thoroughly and so proud of the boys - to lose by a few points hurts more than a walloping. And we deserved to win - we got off to a great start and led ALL day.

Yes to some of that in the first three quarters, but kicking 4 goals 5 points in the last meant poor kicking was their downfall. The amount of times it was in their forward 50 was terrible to watch.

Yes to some of that in the first three quarters, but kicking 4 goals 5 points in the last meant poor kicking was their downfall. The amount of times it was in their forward 50 was terrible to watch.

We doubled their centre clearances - yes doubled - that's how dominant Sauce was - which gives us first use of the ball and our mids responded - thats good footy. We won that - Port didn't lose it - and Hinkley agrees. But happy to agree to disagree. :)

Collingwood did that last week
Should have won....
Didn't ....
And that's all I have to say about that !:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won so many important contests in second half, so much trust when he's there

Calling it now he will win an all Oz spot one day and it will be well deserved

Well if Nick Smith did... Nah I reckon he'll be under appreciated for the rest of his career. Have no problem with that either. He can keep killing it while not getting big offers from other clubs.

Idk just saw it that way. Would hope Jacobs wouldn't get done for it if it was the other way round. Simply looked like Lobbe took a swipe and it was accidental contact.
Well, I agree he might not have meant to poke him in the eye, but if you take a swipe at a player's face, you risk doing some damage. Aim for their tummies and you'll only get a small fine. Not sure what a poke in the eye gets.

Well, I agree he might not have meant to poke him in the eye, but if you take a swipe at a player's face, you risk doing some damage. Aim for their tummies and you'll only get a small fine. Not sure what a poke in the eye gets.
It was a complete accident - just players grappling. It was identical to the Schulz-Doughty one a few years ago.

Fortunately given the jeers Jacobs copped, the statute of limitations has expired on criticism of our crowd from that occasion.

Just not sure he intentionally went for the face. Anyway we complain the AFL is getting pathetically soft, which it is. If that is a fine/suspension we may aswell call it soccer. Shit happens.

It was a complete accident - just players grappling. It was identical to the Schulz-Doughty one a few years ago.

Fortunately given the jeers Jacobs copped, the statute of limitations has expired on criticism of our crowd from that occasion.
Schulz/Doughty was in a marking contest and Doughty accidentally got him.

This one was off ball and Lobbe actually swatted at his face deliberately.
The eye poke accidental or whatever but what is he doing swatting at his face?

I must've seen a different incident. What I saw was Sauce walking away, and Lobbe walking right over to him and just lifting his arm to Sauce's face. They were several feet apart when Lobbe's arm reached out. Nevermind, I'll let it go at that.

Schulz/Doughty was in a marking contest and Doughty accidentally got him.
It was after he'd marked it - not in the spoil

This one was off ball and Lobbe actually swatted at his face deliberately.
The eye poke accidental or whatever but what is he doing swatting at his face?
They were both pushing at each other. Sure he got him high and would have been a free kick if spotted by an umpire but that's all. Don't think anything further will come of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Showdown XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back