Silly Season - Whispers

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed Dalts. Ghost town.

Wandin recruiting some quality players, Myres from Qld, and one from Kilsyth and another from Lilydale. Cowan will be a good pick up for Mt Ev, but won't fill the holes left by the departing party.

Interesting that Seville's two premiership coaches, ressy's and 18's, both didn't get re-appointed. Maybe Uncle Chip could tell us why? A few of the Seville lads seemed to think you thought you were a shoe in? Also heard you were approached by Hellgrave?

Thornton having a crucial meeting next week to finalise the details of their return, which will be fantastic, although it will implement the return of the 'bye'.

In what is probably the biggest news, yours truly, LOL JKS, has been approached by the league (via private message) to take over from the hapless Wazza. But at this stage I have not made a decision.

That's all I've got. Once teams pre-season regimes commence, that's when musical chairs will begin. November 21st seems to be the commencement date for 5 clubs with pre-season, anyone any different?

Hoo-roo.

Having a look through various club websites and Olinda have taken a novel, if not very brave, move of putting up their AGM report. Personally, I think this is fantastic and they have taken transparency to a new level. Hopefully a few other clubs follow their lead.

However, I can't figure out one thing and hopefully TeeS can shed some light. Notes to the financial report state that there is no outstanding cheques or deposits. Just wondering how they can make a profit, albeit a small one, and finish with less money in the bank at the end of the year than what they started with? Nothing is mentioned of loan re-payments or expenses from the previous year.

Right about Russell Cowan to Mt Evelyn. YG couldn't match the offer. No others looking to leave to play Divy 1, a couple returning to their old clubs closer to home and one disenchanted fringe player going, but most staying. No new signings locked in yet, a few EFL players that have been chased just want too much money.

I have heard that Adam simpson has retired. Despite a prolific year, and urges from Woori heavyweights to go around one more time, Simmo has decided to focus on letting a young bloke take his spot. A testimonial night will be announced soon...

Also have heard that Andy Goodwin is making a come back... After a heart to heart with the finger, he has decided to go again, on the premise that only he and mirra have played seniors in 5 decades

Young Hancock from Mt Ev signed at Wandin for big coin. Seems Mt Ev are getting hit hard but cant blame them for not matching the money here.

Young Hancock from Mt Ev signed at Wandin for big coin. Seems Mt Ev are getting hit hard but cant blame them for not matching the money here.

What is big coin finger? My sources tell me that most blokes get paid to play these days. I remember back in my pomp, I saved all my sportsco vouchers one season and bought the funkiest pair of kuda lines pants there. That was big coin then! Absolutely dominanted the blue light disco that week.

What is big coin finger? My sources tell me that most blokes get paid to play these days. I remember back in my pomp, I saved all my sportsco vouchers one season and bought the funkiest pair of kuda lines pants there. That was big coin then! Absolutely dominanted the blue light disco that week.

What he will be getting is extremly good money for where hes at.

I have heard that Adam simpson has retired. Despite a prolific year, and urges from Woori heavyweights to go around one more time, Simmo has decided to focus on letting a young bloke take his spot. A testimonial night will be announced soon...

Also have heard that Andy Goodwin is making a come back... After a heart to heart with the finger, he has decided to go again, on the premise that only he and mirra have played seniors in 5 decades
LOL is that the same Adam Simpson that played over 300 AFL games, is a premiership player, and a ex Captain of a AFL club, is he the same one that wanted to play more but Hawthorn commitments didnt allow it, the same one that cost the club nothing but played that game against Olinda at Olinda, with Jake Matthews 17>18yr , Jordan Williams 17yrs, Kody Busoli 17yrs and Jake Barnett 17yrs. One of that 4 is a Nth Melb Supporter and was wrapped to play a game with him, there are others but that 4 were the youngest in that game.
Im sure you understand Woori are one of the best clubs at bringing young players into Senior footy, you hint he took the place of a young player or we hinder young a player coming through LOL you may want to look in your backyard cause the team you follow maybe the worst at your exact statement.

Robbie Allen signed at lilydale the lure of playing with ex afl superstars obviously not enough!!!

Think its great that hes encouraged to play EFL Div 1. Find it odd that any club could take pot shots at Woori really. There kids are given great oppurtunities and have been a great part in there success. Even more odd that the comments come from a club that has what one maybe two more seasons before they sink. A club that basically brought in two full sides from other clubs between seasons last year. Already hearing a number of them want to return back to the EFL. Then again the money there throwing around for players from clubs surrounding them maybe give them a year.

Think its great that hes encouraged to play EFL Div 1. Find it odd that any club could take pot shots at Woori really. There kids are given great oppurtunities and have been a great part in there success. Even more odd that the comments come from a club that has what one maybe two more seasons before they sink. A club that basically brought in two full sides from other clubs between seasons last year. Already hearing a number of them want to return back to the EFL. Then again the money there throwing around for players from clubs surrounding them maybe give them a year.

Old job not paying the bills fingered? Obviously you are now bank telling at the financial institution that holds wandins finances. That could be the only reason you would know the state of the football clubs affairs. Oh that or your idol/crush Andy Goodwin told you.......
By the way, what happened after you blokes bought that flag in 2000?

Old job not paying the bills fingered? Obviously you are now bank telling at the financial institution that holds wandins finances. That could be the only reason you would know the state of the football clubs affairs. Oh that or your idol/crush Andy Goodwin told you.......
By the way, what happened after you blokes bought that flag in 2000?

Firstly, we were a long way off winning a flag in 2000. Second, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out getting nearly 30 blokes from other clubs in one year will end in tears.

Robbie Allen signed at lilydale the lure of playing with ex afl superstars obviously not enough!!!
lol he played 4 games last season, so good on him having a go at Box Hill and 1st Div EFL. Hes most likely played about 50>80 games in the YVMDFL, rep the league, played in a few GFs winning and looseing at 23>24yrs old he wants to see how he will go. But i do like the ending line, it would be hard to entice them to come for a run there i suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lets start actually putting down some things we are hearing about players who are leaving the valley/coming into the valley for season 2012...
have heard wandin is recruiting a heap, what news from warby, gembrook, etc?

Woori to still be very good under the new direction of Ryan.
Porter to stay on and just play at Upwey, could be interesting?
Is Josh staying on at Emerald?
And does anyone know anything about Belgrave's coach Collins? I've heard his brother's might be going there aswell? One from Mulgrave and the other from Casey.

is it junction or yea. i heard yea?
and is there any truth to grant braydon from glen to emerald?

Heard it will be YJ if he coaches anywhere. Second Division is all sewn up with the three recruits Belgrave have with there coach they are certainties.

Absolutely no truth in Grant Braden rumour, he is not only playing at Yarra Glen but he has joined the committee (as has his old man!) Jason DeGraaf once said he would never coach against his old team in Powelly, has something changed?

moe,coralyn,beaconsfield and mulgrave that i know of.basically he just chases the money and would change clubs straight away for an extra 50 bucks.
Ouch! You speak like you know him wiggle??? I've played against him before. Will be good for belgrave but massive call finger to be sayin they have it won already.. Will have some major issues to sort out both on and off the field before you would even think they would be competitive. Pre season will give him that chance but finals at best would be realistic

Bumped into a player from the boys in green sat and they are very excited about a player from the nth heidleberg tigers, also said they will be strong again and have added some depth! Only player that have lost is creeper! Maybe the regulars on here from the windy part of the valley can tell us more....

Bumped into a player from the boys in green sat and they are very excited about a player from the nth heidleberg tigers, also said they will be strong again and have added some depth! Only player that have lost is creeper! Maybe the regulars on here from the windy part of the valley can tell us more....
What is the the name of the North Heidelberg player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Silly Season - Whispers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back