Simon Lethlean appointed to the role of Head of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/bb23e2ac4cd32727b21ef968fa6499a1

Sounds like we are entering a new era, off the back of Richmond's "focus on football" last year we'll be running with "focus on family"

Jokes aside does anyone know anything about this guy

Just have to make sure he stays away from any female staff members...well and any female visitors. Actually we should just get him a Hannibal Lecter style straight jacket and muzzle set up while he's working.

Just have to make sure he stays away from any female staff members...well and any female visitors. Actually we should just get him a Hannibal Lecter style straight jacket and muzzle set up while he's working.
Hahaha

Behind a glass cage

Must have been the best candidate by a long way considering what happened only a months ago. Let's hope he does well.

I hope you're right but I think we just got dumped with the dirty laundry.

Don Burke named Moorabbin's new ground keeper.

The Lethlean thing sounded a bit like Garry Lyon. Two consenting adults, just a bit of an awkward situation. He was an up and comer at AFL house.

Here's a guy who has a wealth of experience in the game, has dedicated his professional life to it and made a bad mistake letting his personal life get in the way.
We don't have the budgets of the bigger clubs and this guy definitely has the experience to do the job well.
Everyone deserves a second chance.

Last edited:
Don Burke named Moorabbin's new ground keeper.

The Lethlean thing sounded a bit like Garry Lyon. Two consenting adults, just a bit of an awkward situation. He was an up and comer at AFL house.
That's a really silly comment and I wish I could give it a thumbs down. Don Burke is being accused by multiple women of sexual assault. This guy had an affair with a junior staff member. FFS get some perspective. These two are not even in the same ballpark and should definitely not be conflated.

Mixed feelings about this.

Obviously a guy with a lot of experience and could add a lot of value to the club.

We’re a negative headline magnet at the best of times though without creating them ourselves.

Hope he does a great job, quietly. Being part of our next flag a good way to turn his reputation around.

Here's a guy who has a wealth of experience in the game, has dedicated his professional life to it and made a bad mistake letting his personal life get in the way.
We don't have the budgets of the bigger clubs and this guy definitely has the experience to do the job well.
Everyone deserves a second chance.

Nah.,Once a filthy grub, always a filthy grub.
This is just part of the reason, or symbolic of it, that we are such a piss ant club with such a shockingly poor history.
Personally, I would have NEVER entertained the thought of employing this grub. How can you trust him ??
He is a low life, aint no changing that,
Very disappointed in St.Kilda.
But you get used to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be the first or last person to shag someone at work and be done for it.

Move on people, it happens everyday.
You can get it signing expense reports

You can get it approving leave requests

You can get it reviewing the interchange cap

As a matter of fact I'm shagging one now

You can get it signing expense reports

You can get it approving leave requests

You can get it reviewing the interchange cap

As a matter of fact I'm shagging one now
Didn't know her name was Victoria

That's a really silly comment and I wish I could give it a thumbs down. Don Burke is being accused by multiple women of sexual assault. This guy had an affair with a junior staff member. FFS get some perspective. These two are not even in the same ballpark and should definitely not be conflated.
463.jpg

I have an honest question borne out of ignorance of the situation as I haven't read much of the stuff about his situation.

Was the affair that precipitated his removal from AFL House a relationship between two consenting adults that was inappropriate because the two people were work colleagues, or was there something more sinister involved?

In all seriousness I think one of the issues we've had to date is that beyond Richo we haven't had anyone really driving the football dept. There's no real sharp edge to it.

I don't think we've have anyone that can challenge Richo or question why certain things are happening or to assist him with having some counter views. Which is a horrible thing for Richo. Not only for his performance day to day but also his development.

Since 2013 we've pretty much been rolling along trying to stabilise the club and rebuild it.

Cox I don't think was in a position or had the background or experience to really challenge and drive Richo and by extension the football dept. His job in his own words was really to assist Richo as being the conduit to the board.

I think this appointment changes all of that. Its the line in the sand. We are a stable club now. We have a growing membership base. We've filled out the sponsorship. We are turning over a profit. On field we are now challenging clubs and are on the cusp of finals. We've turned the corner and it's now about having a really sharp focus on driving the football dept into a high performance environment.

Simon can help us with that.

Must have been the best candidate by a long way considering what happened only a months ago. Let's hope he does well.
Exactly Gavin......as I just posted on the media thread,Matt Finnis obviously must hold the guy in high regard as an operator........appointing him knowing what the probable public/supporter fall out will be.

And I'll back Matt's calls on things....can't recall any decisions that he's made that was a bad decision.

SL had an affair with a female staffer........we don't know any other details than that......it happens.......it happens more than people think......at my previous workplace,a few of these affairs/rumoured affairs raised many eyebrows.

As Gavin stated....let's just hope he does a great job....that's all I'm interested in.

Spot on there Gangnam.............how many downfalls of people was because their heart over ruled their brain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Lethlean appointed to the role of Head of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back