Simon Lethlean appointed to the role of Head of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Finnis promised a better gig by Gill if he took on basket case St.Kilda and turned the ship around.

This is in process. Finnis will get his AFL gig and Lethlean will get Matt's job.

Tranparent as it comes.

#boysclub
ive heard this a lot on varrious forums ... but having spoken to Matt a number of times he doesnt come across as the type to leave a job half done .. i agree he was nudged into the role at the saints but i think you will find he has warmed to the club quiet significantly and talking to him you do get the impression that he is genuine in getting our club to the next flag and building a business that is strong and competititve in the AFL world ...
he may have ambition to get to AFL house but i think he is focused on St Kilda at the time being

ive heard this a lot on varrious forums ... but having spoken to Matt a number of times he doesnt come across as the type to leave a job half done .. i agree he was nudged into the role at the saints but i think you will find he has warmed to the club quiet significantly and talking to him you do get the impression that he is genuine in getting our club to the next flag and building a business that is strong and competititve in the AFL world ...
he may have ambition to get to AFL house but i think he is focused on St Kilda at the time being

Yeah I agree, that said most football administrators will leave for better opportunity if that arises. I think the AFL is much more likely to want Lethlean back than Finnis anyway. Finnis was more a thorn for the AFL than a yes man and I think they were happy to get him out of a role where he could really hurt them. The AFLPA are back to being a pretty soft, visionless lettuce leaf since he left.

Has he started at the club yet?

Or in the new year?
starts in the new year ( the 8th I think )

furthermore to my post above, everyone has made mistakes, its human nature to do so, Simons mistake has cost him his job, reputation, public humiliation and the damage to his private life, thats a bloody big price to pay.

Do I want him at our club, the answer is if he is the best person for the position, then yes, I would much rather be associated with and support an organisation that is willing to show compassion, trust and the chance of redemption, even it blows up on us on the occasion, than one who doesn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the same rumour as the one from a week ago involving an "AFL club official", or separate?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

different, so in summary we have:
1) the termination of employment of an un-named employee at AFL HQ for sexual harassment,
2) a senior club official is under investigation for sexual harassment. the accuser has called in the lawyers,
3) a melbourne being investigated for sexual assault

yet we are the bad guys for giving someone a 2nd chance after they copped their penalty for their behaviour, which was consensual and not related to sexual assault or sexual harassment.

yet other clubs are outraged at us...

different, so in summary we have:
1) the termination of employment of an un-named employee at AFL HQ for sexual harassment,
2) a senior club official is under investigation for sexual harassment. the accuser has called in the lawyers,
3) a melbourne being investigated for sexual assault

yet we are the bad guys for giving someone a 2nd chance after they copped their penalty for their behaviour, which was consensual and not related to sexual assault or sexual harassment.

yet other clubs are outraged at us...
What other clubs are outraged at us ? if they are who gives a ----
Only people getting upset are the same old ones on here

Didnt say he was leaving tomorrow.

18 months to 2 years.

He will get his promised AFL gig and Leftlane will get Finnis' job

#boysclub#goodbloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Lethlean appointed to the role of Head of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back