News Simpson sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree. Totally losing the list and rotting for 2-3 years will weigh heavily on his reputation.

That didn't stop Ross Lyon getting another gig

Tail wagging the dog.
Nah....

This was easily the most overdue coach-sacking in all my decades of watching AFL footy. Three seasons of absolute pus. I'm amazed he lasted this long. Although it makes perfect sense now that I've read about the ramifications his contract payout would've caused due to the AFL's soft cap tax.

id bet my left nut he will get another senior gig at some point in the next 3-5 years.
If he'd left 2-3 years ago - definitively. Not a good look hanging around the bottom 4 for a few years then getting sacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All will be forgotten in 18 months once the next big coaching job is available. Theres multiple head coaches at their 2nd job in the league right now, most didn't win a flag either.

That didn't stop Ross Lyon getting another gig

He will get another job for sure, his credentials are much better than Brad Scott & Brett Ratten who got coaching jobs again.

Of course his ceiling was much higher, but likewise, none of those guys presided over 3 years of absolutely horrific shit, some of the worst footy we’ve seen in the AFL history, players completely out of shape and not trying.

WC have not even been the most basic of AFL standard for a very long time.

Coaches who do that are spared the blushes somewhat as they get sacked quickly and it can be put down to a bad season, etc.

Not this… it will leave a massive stain on him. It’s unfortunate, he seems like a decent bloke and had a good record prior to that.

But there was a long period where it almost seemed like he was trying to get sacked, or at least just standing around, doing absolutely nothing, waiting for it to happen.

Nah....

This was easily the most overdue coach-sacking in all my decades of watching AFL footy. Three seasons of absolute pus. I'm amazed he lasted this long. Although it makes perfect sense now that I've read about the ramifications his contract payout would've caused due to the AFL's soft cap tax.
Nah, Hinkley is easily the most overdue coach-sacking of all time. Simpson could have had 50 more terrible seasons, and it'd still pale to Hinkley's terrible record of no grand finals coached.

Of course his ceiling was much higher, but likewise, none of those guys presided over 3 years of absolutely horrific shit, some of the worst footy we’ve seen in the AFL history, players completely out of shape and not trying.

WC have not even been the most basic of AFL standard for a very long time.

Coaches who do that are spared the blushes somewhat as they get sacked quickly and it can be put down to a bad season, etc.

Not this… it will leave a massive stain on him. It’s unfortunate, he seems like a decent bloke and had a good record prior to that.

But there was a long period where it almost seemed like he was trying to get sacked, or at least just standing around, doing absolutely nothing, waiting for it to happen.
West Coast recruiting, trading has been poor lately that's a fact. not soley on the coach they have had a poor injury run the last few years, I know what it's like we are having a disaster run ourselves in't not an excuse it's reality. the Pies are having it too a bit this year and they aren't in the 8.

Nah, Hinkley is easily the most overdue coach-sacking of all time. Simpson could have had 50 more terrible seasons, and it'd still pale to Hinkley's terrible record of no grand finals coached.
Port are 6th on the ladder

Heading into their 7th finals series with Hinkley at the helm.

The people who think he can't coach are idiots. Mostly deluded Port nuffies who always think their players are more talented than everyone else's.

Port are 6th on the ladder

Heading into their 7th finals series with Hinkley at the helm.

The people who think he can't coach are idiots.
He can't coach, he's has no coached grand final appearances, whereas Simpson had 2 grand final appearances and 1 premiership as coach in his first 5 seasons. Hinkley isn't making the grand final, this season, so their 6th place is irrelevant, it's just another wasted season. Whereas Simpson didn't waste 12 seasons, he got a premiership in his 5th season, that's real coaching.

Adelaide Crows should have a chat with him, think he is a good coach with experience and upside.

Will be interesting what comes of WC senior players and who the next coach; we should be having a chat with Tom Barrass.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Simpson sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back