Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats S26 Official Team Thread - Far Kern is new TopRat

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely a win this week is mere formality right? No way the Hawks win.
giphy.gif

This is gonna be fun boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SwampStats Round 17

Closed out the final round with a loss, in eerily similar style to last season, and finished 7th again. The difference is, of course, this time we WILL win 4 in a row and take home the cup!

This was a strange game. We barely led at all, but never felt out of contention, but in the end conservation of energy was more important than finishing the Hawks season, and the only difference a win would have made would have been to play the bears at our home ground instead of theirs. GotTheGoodes and I Dont Care were our best players, but again special mention to Fizzler, who has become one of the premier full-backs in the comp. Far Kern is still struggling to find his best position, and had 5 different opponents as well as a stint on the bench, and Kirkswan proved efficient to sink 3 majors from 5 kicks.

upload_2018-11-19_21-14-57.png

So, as noted above, we play the Bears at their home ground - staying away from the Underground seems a bloody good idea when we've only won once there this season!

SwampStats Round 17

Closed out the final round with a loss, in eerily similar style to last season, and finished 7th again. The difference is, of course, this time we WILL win 4 in a row and take home the cup!

This was a strange game. We barely led at all, but never felt out of contention, but in the end conservation of energy was more important than finishing the Hawks season, and the only difference a win would have made would have been to play the bears at our home ground instead of theirs. GotTheGoodes and I Dont Care were our best players, but again special mention to Fizzler, who has become one of the premier full-backs in the comp. Far Kern is still struggling to find his best position, and had 5 different opponents as well as a stint on the bench, and Kirkswan proved efficient to sink 3 majors from 5 kicks.

View attachment 586280

So, as noted above, we play the Bears at their home ground - staying away from the Underground seems a bloody good idea when we've only won once there this season!
In losing to The Hawks, so generously allowing this good team to play finals, did we by chance remove a group of flogs? If so, job done.

SwampStats Elimination Final

We're not dead yet! In the mud and slush in the clouds, we led virtually the entire game, but never by more than 20 points. It looked like we were stopping during the third term, but goals from edgie and a brace from Quadzilla re-established our advantage, and we grimly held out till the final siren despite inaccuracy to salute by 9 points, ending the Bears season and extending ours. Muddy conditions always equal low possessions, but I gathered 22 disposals, sportsmaniac89 battled hard in the ruck and our half-back line of Far Kern, Firestarter and LukeParkerno1 held17 marks between them. @jackster had lots of chances, but only managed 2.4

upload_2018-11-26_21-4-25.png

So we reach another semi-final, this time against the Gumbies. We took out the Wonders in straight sets last season; time to send another team to Mad Monday.

I Dont Care reaches 150 SFA games this week, so let's get around him

SwampStats Elimination Final

We're not dead yet! In the mud and slush in the clouds, we led virtually the entire game, but never by more than 20 points. It looked like we were stopping during the third term, but goals from edgie and a brace from Quadzilla re-established our advantage, and we grimly held out till the final siren despite inaccuracy to salute by 9 points, ending the Bears season and extending ours. Muddy conditions always equal low possessions, but I gathered 22 disposals, sportsmaniac89 battled hard in the ruck and our half-back line of Far Kern, Firestarter and LukeParkerno1 held17 marks between them. @jackster had lots of chances, but only managed 2.4

View attachment 588920

So we reach another semi-final, this time against the Gumbies. We took out the Wonders in straight sets last season; time to send another team to Mad Monday.

I Dont Care reaches 150 SFA games this week, so let's get around him
Gee I played well......

SwampStats Semi Final

We are such a good travelling team! This was a win with great character, as we fell behind by 31 points at the 14 minute mark of the first term, and 4 goals early in the second, before a brace of Nunez goals ignited us. GotTheGoodes starred all day with 3 goals from a wing, and jackster83 and I Dont Care snared 4 each, as we hit the front in the last and held on for the win. A great game in defence from LukeParkerno1, and edgie made the most of his chances with 3 goals to take a narrow lead in the club goalkicking award.

upload_2018-12-2_21-3-10.png

So, we have the Mt Buller Demons, at the Snow Dome. Lets shake it up, and let the flakes fall where they may.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats S26 Official Team Thread - Far Kern is new TopRat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back