Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats S37 Team Thread - Congratulations Damicky!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Milestones Achieved During Season 37

okeydoke7 - 400 SFA games
Power Raid - 250 SFA games
philreich - 250 SFA games
jackster83 - 200 SFA games
sataris - 200 SFA games
paraaaa - 100 SFA games
damicky - 100 SFA games
BloodySwan - 50 SFA games
okeydoke7 got to 400 games? Geez he kept that quiet.......

Round 8 vs Dragons FFC @ ljp86’s lair
Match Report by damicky

Coming off back to back wins, we travelled to Dragon Island to face big_icky & co

Like the previous week, the first quarter saw both Teams score 4 goals as we trailed by 2 points at the first break

¼ time Swamprats 4:2 (26) to Dragons 4:4 (28)

It was a similar story in the second quarter with 5 goals each, we were behind by 4 points at halftime

½ time Swamprats 9:5 (59) to Dragons 9:9 (63)

In a low scoring third quarter where we kicked 3 goals to 2, we hit the lead by the narrowest of margins at the final break

¾ time Swamprats 12:6 (78) to Dragons 11:11 (77)

The last quarter was tense as both Teams kicked 6 goals & 1 behind, we held on for 3 wins on the trot ... a 1 point win over our bitter rivals!

Full time Swamprats 18:7 (115) to Dragons 17:12 (114)

Our accurate goalkicking was the deciding factor in a thrilling contest ... at the conclusion of R8, we were up to second on the Ladder with a 6-2 record.

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 (6), edgie (3), damicky (3), paraaaa (2), My Cotchin Rules (2), Ant Bear, philreich

Votes:
damicky (19)
HirdsTheWord (14)
okeydoke7 (12)
ant555 (9)
Ticky009 (3)
philreich (2)
Ant Bear (1)

Gin & tonic for me please

Refreshing Happy Sunday GIF by HENDRICK'S GIN

Round 9 vs Gold City Royals @ Underground Stadium
Match Report by damicky

Hunting a fourth straight win, we returned to Sin City on a warm day that was perfect for Qooty

In the first quarter, we kicked 4 goals to 3 but missed some opportunities to extend our lead beyond the 10 point margin

¼ time Swamprats 4:4 (28) to Royals 3:0 (18)

The second quarter was also tight with the Royals outscoring us by 5 goals to 4, our lead was cut to a mere 2 points at halftime

½ time Swamprats 8:7 (55) to Royals 8:5 (53)

It was a disappointing Qremiership quarter that resulted in 1 goal to 4, we trailed by 17 points at the last break

¾ time Swamprats 9:9 (63) to Royals 12:8 (80)

In repeat of the opening stanza, inaccuracy thwarted our comeback attempts in the final quarter as we kicked 5.6 to 4.0 to fall agonisingly short ... a 5 point loss

Full time Swamprats 14:15 (99) to Royals 16:8 (104)

29 scoring shots to 24 should have been enough to get the W ... BUT we were still in a solid position at the end of R9 with a 6-3 record.

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 (4), GremioPower (2), spookism (2), Jewelsbon, jackster83, My Cotchin Rules, philreich, edgie, sataris

Votes:
GremioPower (18)
jackster83 (13)
spookism (13)
ant555 (9)
My Cotchin Rules (5)
okeydoke9 (2)

Groove Medal

The Groove medal goes to the leading goalkicker. After a stint at CHB, this star Rat returned to his rightful place in the goalsquare this season and repaid the faith. With 79 goals for the season, please raise your glasses to okeydoke7! I'm sure he will be a humble recipient.

Groove Medal

The Groove medal goes to the leading goalkicker. After a stint at CHB, this star Rat returned to his rightful place in the goalsquare this season and repaid the faith. With 79 goals for the season, please raise your glasses to okeydoke7! I'm sure he will be a humble recipient.
They give awards for anything these days even participating.

Round 10 vs Baghdad Bombers @ Underground Stadium
Match Report by damicky

Back to back home games on a rainy day gave us an opportunity to showcase what we learned in the sewers

Our friends from Baghdad missed their connecting flight & didn't turn up for the first quarter, we kicked 5.7 to nothing for a whopping 37 point lead at quarter time

¼ time Swamprats 5:7 (37) to Bombers 0:0 (0)

It was a more competitive second quarter where we outscored the visitors by 3 goals to 2, this stretched our lead to 46 points at halftime

½ time Swamprats 8:11 (59) to Bombers 2:1 (13)

In a low scoring third quarter, our opponents kicked 2 goals to 1 to cut the margin to a seemingly comfortable 37 points

¾ time Swamprats 9:11 (65) to Bombers 4:4 (28)

The final quarter was a disappointing one as our defence were put under too much pressure, the Bombers outscored us by 8 goals to 4 to put a dent in our percentage ...our winning margin was cut to 16 points!

Full time Swamprats 13:14 (92) to Bombers 12:4 (76)

An amazing start was the recipe for success in this fixture ... we remained in second spot behind only the OOBs after R10 with a solid 7-3 record.

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 (4), edgie (2), GremioPower, Jewelsbon, Rodney Dangerfield, ant555, My Cotchin Rules, Ticky009, damicky

Votes:
philreich (15)
jackster83 (15)
Power Raid (11)
Jewelsbon (6)
okeydoke7 (4)
Rodney Dangerfield (4)
My Cotchin Rules (4)
damicky (1)

Groove Medal

LOL okey knows about as much about humility as Joe Biden knows about coherency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 11 vs Fighting Furies @ rfctigerarmy’s hippodrome
Match Report by jackster83

After knocking off the Bombers, the Rats hit the road to take on another lowly side in the Furies, who were drowning their sorrows after getting off the bottom of the ladder. okeydoke7 made sure to single all of the opposition players out with carefully crafted insults, while the big talking point was the captain dropping out from what was supposed to be his 200th SFA game due to “general soreness”.

Early on it did look like it was going to be as one sided as many suspected, with the Rats scoring two goals inside the first two minutes. The Furies started to show some fight however, scoring four of the next five goals to take the lead. A late goal to Okey after an opposition defensive 50 turnover gifted the Rats the lead however. At quarter time the Swamprats led 4.6 (30) to 4.3 (27).

A strong mark by Ant Bear early in the second term set up Okey for his third and he let the crowd know all about it. The Furies responded quickly to reduce the margin back to three points. The game started to become a seesawing contest with both sides trading goals with Jewelsbon notching up her third goal late in the term. Despite that the Rats only held a small lead at half time, up 10.8 (68) to 10.5 (65).

The Rats booted the first two goals of the second half to push the margin out to 15 points but like the bad smell in RPCB's locker, the Furies would not go away. They produced a powerful surge, adding five goals in under six minutes to take the lead. Rats spearheads Okey and Jewelsbon each added goals to their tally to reduce the margin to two points before another late surge to the Furies put them up 17.8 (110) to 14.10 (94) at the final change.

While the Rats were not having trouble scoring themselves, the defence was leaking worse than the club’s ice bath. The Furies added six goals to three in the final term to run out 34 point winners. The final scores were Furies 23.11 (149) def Swamprats 17.13 (115).

Goalkickers: Jewelsbon (5), damicky (4), okeydoke7 (3), Ant Bear (2), My Cotchin Rules, GremioPower, edgie.

Votes:
GotTheGoodes (18)
damicky (18)
GremioPower (8)
philreich (6)
Jewelsbon (4)
Quadzilla (3)
Ticky009 (1)
My Cotchin Rules (1)
ant555 (1)

Groove Medal

79 is a lot.

Tough for a forward to get votes these days. 9 goals wasn’t enough for full votes.

6 goal and 7 goal hauls also not enough to be judged best on ground.

Lucky I’ll be kicking bags of 10+ on a regular basis next year!

Leaderboard after R12:

S37_R12.png

The big ruckman damicky has broken away at the front. ant555, GotTheGoodes and philreich have all been scoring solidly. Can anyone mount a challenge in the back half of the season?

Round 5 vs East Side Hawks @ Underground Stadium
Match Report by philreich

We returned to The Underground for the first time since round 2, and hopes were high about completing a hat trick of wins. Unfortunately things didn’t quite work out as planned…..

It was a very even start – the visitors ended the quarter with an 8 point lead.

¼ time Swamprats 4:3 (27) to Hawks 5:5 (35)

The second quarter was our best of the day – we added 6 goals to 3, and we went into halftime, enjoying a 10 point lead.

½ time Swamprats 10:5 (65) to Hawks 8:7 (55)

Nobody is quite sure what happened after that, but the Hawks blitzed us in that horrible 3rd quarter, adding 8 goals to our 2. With a quarter to play, we had to somehow overcome a 29 point deficit!!!

¾ time Swamprats 12:6 (78) to Hawks 16:11 (107)

Instead of a comeback, things only got worse in the last quarter – we only added 2 goals, while they piled on another 6. It resulted in a 52 point loss.

Full time Swamprats 14:9 (93) to Hawks 22:13 (145)

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 (3), edgie (2), damicky (2), Ant Bear, GotTheGoodes, My Cotchin Rules, sataris, ant555, Quadzilla, philreich

Votes:
GotTheGoodes (17)
damicky (10)
philreich (8)
BloodySwan (8)
My Cotchin Rules (7)
sataris (5)
Ant Bear (2)
jackster83 (1)

*someone voted incorrectly, which is why the numbers don't add up
I did rush my votes in at the last minute today, was it me?

Captain's Award

The Captain's Award is awarded to the poster that the captain deems best embodied the spirit of the club. This poster has long been one of our most active in match threads, but has also served as captain and has been on the simming committee. We are fortunate he has so much spare time at work, but he has been an invaluable resource for me during my stint as captain.

Please give it up for philreich!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats S37 Team Thread - Congratulations Damicky!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back