Sliding Doors does it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Its honestly shocking how this is allowed to be run on the AFLs official website. Dammo "I know what Im talking about" Barrett has officially stated that Brisbane have done the wrong thing in trying to win the game that caused them to miss the spoon and Pick 1.

Slidinglols.png

If we were to listen to him, and if the technology was available to do it, we should return to that game day and purposely lose the match, to ensure we finish last and 'win' the wooden spoon.

So there you have it folks, Tanking officially endorsed by an 'official' journalist on the official AFL media site.

EDIT: Link for more lols:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-11/sliding-doors-finals-week-one

Last edited:

haha i saw that too. then he'd be the first to demand AFL come down hard on tanking.

in fact would be good to go dig up some things he said about melbourne and their tanking program. what a flog.

barrett is a pathetic excuse for a journalist. and what makes it worse is his face has the texture of a decorative autumn squash.

Subjecting people to read this abomination of an article should be a cardable offence. I'm still waiting for the day when Damo actually understands the sliding doors concept.

He doesn't seem to actually understand the "sliding doors" concept which is highlighting a pivotal moment and showing the drastic possibilities of each one. Instead he just uses it as an excuse to throw some half baked thoughts into a table format and call it an article.

edit: what beez said

Subjecting people to read this abomination of an article should be a cardable offence. I'm still waiting for the day when Damo actually understands the sliding doors concept.

I'm still waiting for the day when Damo understands proper journalism.

skeleton-cobwebs-waiting.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we ran the Bulldogs.....we would have kept quiet too after gifting Carlton top pick with our insipid effort against the Lions.
Is it a written law somewhere that we have to all be nice to Carlton this month or something? :p I mean Collingwood are gonna take Kreuzer and give them pick 2 possibly in return. Screw Carlton :D

So there you have it folks, Tanking officially endorsed by an 'official' journalist on the official AFL media site.

So, just so we're clear on tanking:

* Melbourne were found not guilty of tanking but were then fined.
* Freo wasn't tanking because their match had no impact on the positions of the Final 8.
* North weren't tanking because, even though their match DID have an impact on the Final 8, Freo did it so there was precedent.
* Brisbane should have tanked to get Pick 1.

Nope, nothing to see here.

I think someone should actually be pressuring old mate Gil to comment on this - official AFL media suggesting a team should tank is something presumably within the leagues control and something that they should condemn...

So, just so we're clear on tanking:

* Melbourne were found not guilty of tanking but were then fined.
* Freo wasn't tanking because their match had no impact on the positions of the Final 8.
* North weren't tanking because, even though their match DID have an impact on the Final 8, Freo did it so there was precedent.
* Brisbane should have tanked to get Pick 1.

Nope, nothing to see here.
No, Brisbane is not a tanking club

Remove this Banner Ad

Sliding Doors does it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back