Sliding Doors does it again

Remove this Banner Ad

not worth giving clicks to an article he writes in his lunch break
Please, half the time it seems like he thought it up while taking a dump.

Barrett is the biggest flog. If you lost that game he would be on the other side saying that tanking is wrong and Brisbane should be severely punished

Pick 1 isn't everything.

When WCE finished rock bottom in 2010 they got pick 4....after of course GC had the first 3 and the pick of the pre-draft talent.
Pick 1: David Swallow: Talented but injury prone and not the ready made world beater he was predicted to be.
Pick 2: Harley Bennell: Immense Talent and Young Offender
Pick 3: Sam Day: Talented but all ahead of him
Pick 4: Andrew Gaff: All Australian

It's not the pick, it's how you use it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The man can be summed up with one perfect, yet simple image...

View attachment 172409

Props to carnthedons for being the first to post this image...(as far as I know)...

Since he's probably reading...

Hey Damo, you take plonker to new levels...

The question is who is the campaigner that actually asked this flog to sign his footy?!

So he says that Brisbane should have tanked, exactly 7 days after getting on his high horse about Ross Lyon apparently "tanking" against Port

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/sliding-doors-round-23

IF Ross 'The Boss' believes it right to leave out at least 11 of his best players ...

THEN ... that's fine. As we said last Monday, we'd do the same if we were him, because it's allowed. But there's a word for it. Tanking. Regardless of the result. And hey, it's AFL integrity department-endorsed.

**** off Barrett

The question is who is the campaigner that actually asked this flog to sign his footy?!

I just can't bring myself to believe someone would...

For sure Purple grabbed the footy and took it upon himself to share the love that is Damian Francis Barrett.

Am I the only one who thinks he's actually right?

Now, pride can be very valuable, so he's probably wrong for assigning it no value whatsoever. But 'losing' the wooden spoon, especially when there was a risk of Carlton getting a compo draft pick, was going to hurt their drafting next year, simply because they're at risk of missing out on both gun keys.

It's a similar line of thought as to how Freo 'throwing' the game against Port wasn't actually harmless. While I think Port likely would have still won given each team's form as of late, if they had lost they would have gotten a higher draft pick. Sure, it only ends up being one or two spots higher in each round, but it can potentially make a difference.

Not everything he says is correct, but in this case I have to agree that as an outsider, it seems the security of not getting relegated to third pick in the draft would have been a bigger win than a bit of pride at the end of the season. But maybe I'm too pragmatic about those things.

Am I the only one who thinks he's actually right?

Now, pride can be very valuable, so he's probably wrong for assigning it no value whatsoever. But 'losing' the wooden spoon, especially when there was a risk of Carlton getting a compo draft pick, was going to hurt their drafting next year, simply because they're at risk of missing out on both gun keys.

It's a similar line of thought as to how Freo 'throwing' the game against Port wasn't actually harmless. While I think Port likely would have still won given each team's form as of late, if they had lost they would have gotten a higher draft pick. Sure, it only ends up being one or two spots higher in each round, but it can potentially make a difference.

Not everything he says is correct, but in this case I have to agree that as an outsider, it seems the security of not getting relegated to third pick in the draft would have been a bigger win than a bit of pride at the end of the season. But maybe I'm too pragmatic about those things.

The main issue I have with him is his hypocrisy. He harps om about how north and freon tanked last week and how it was such a disgraceful, then goes ahead and says Brisbane should have tanked.

I also don't think you can underestimate how much a winning culture can improve your team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sliding Doors does it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back