21. Melbourne - Jack Carroll
22. Melbourne - Max Holmes
23. Sydney - Errol Gulden - Bid Matched
24. Brisbane - Blake Coleman - Bid matched
25. GWS - Finlay Macrae
26. Hawthorn - Connor Downie - Bid Matched
27. St Kilda - Conor Stone

Tigers and Crows to strike a deal on pick swaps late first round

I think tigers go best available first pick and then needs later 2 picks if no bid on Rioli.Should be able to snare a developing forward if Baldwin and Carrlow gone like a Lord , Kolar or Theary.
I think we will just go best available with the 2 picks and then MRJ , We will be working on needs with a free agent in the next year or may already be talking to him already . Harry Himmelberg is the player i see that would fit Richmond perfectly as a Jack replacement 2022 onwards then bring his brother Elliot from Crows.

I think we will just go best available with the 2 picks and then MRJ , We will be working on needs with a free agent in the next year or may already be talking to him already . Harry Himmelberg is the player i see that would fit Richmond perfectly as a Jack replacement 2022 onwards then bring his brother Elliot from Crows.
I would try Kolar in front of any of those names for a developing forward, with taking a shot at Jake Riccardi from GWS, get him back to VIC, Lynch by his side and the crumbers all around. Plays the Richmond style and is very athletic, fast and agile, great hands, leap, and can create....bonus is his age too, he will keep improving and he will be almost rotated all year as the number 1 key fwd at GWS with Himmelberg now that Cameron is gone. Gettable i think at the end of next year.

I would try Kolar in front of any of those names for a developing forward, with taking a shot at Jake Riccardi from GWS, get him back to VIC, Lynch by his side and the crumbers all around. Plays the Richmond style and is very athletic, fast and agile, great hands, leap, and can create....bonus is his age too, he will keep improving and he will be almost rotated all year as the number 1 key fwd at GWS with Himmelberg now that Cameron is gone. Gettable i think at the end of next year.
I was spewin' we didn't take Riccardi with one of our picks in the 40's, but I'd be stoked if we could pinch him next year. Do you think Kolar would slip to our 3rd pick providing it's still there? Are there any others worth looking at for our 2nd pick?

I was spewin' we didn't take Riccardi with one of our picks in the 40's, but I'd be stoked if we could pinch him next year. Do you think Kolar would slip to our 3rd pick providing it's still there? Are there any others worth looking at for our 2nd pick?
I highly doubt he is there for our 3rd pick. In my eyes he has the highest ceiling and most athletic outside of the top fwd prospects this year, and if I were a ‘actually’ picking for Richmond, I would make him our 2nd pick if no bid has come on Rioli Jnr yet then take Rioli.

Last edited:
For me it's his timing. As an under 18 he is definately a fwd, nothing else, to go up a level he may stay as a fwd but will most likely have to learn to read the game better. he leads too early at times and goes under the ball a lot, or gets caught out of position, and then there rarely is an aggressive second effort to lock/chase the ball down to keep it inside 50 or help pressure for a turnover. Multiple occassions i have seen him lead, ball goes over his head or hits the pack and nobody marks it, and i see him just turn around and see what happens, hoping someone will get the ball out, his opponent always seem to go make an effort and more often than not the ball comes back out of the fwd 50 by the defense. His hands are ok but not great, so he would be iffy at best down back in a defensive role. So if it is to be a fwd role at an afl club, his hands and timing need to improve and his defensive pressure will have to increase. The kid has talent and is a good (not great) kick at goal, so there are some other areas i would like to see improve. not that we may get to see that happening but we may who knows what will pan out for the rest of the year.
Logan has come a long way since April....

Would be very very happy with that outcome from the Dees, I'd still be using our 3rd rounder because we have 5 lists spots available which I'd use on Baldwin.

Freo meant to be looking closely at McRae and cook, and haven’t spoken with Chapman since earlier the year.

They already have key backs in pearce, hamling, cox, logue and 3rd/4th talls in young, Ryan, Hughes, Duman and Watson.

So already way too many backs on the list already.

With both Neale and Heath off the board I prefer Walsh over Lane reason why you chose Lane?
Lane seems to use the ball better, covers the ground easier and is much quicker on the lead when playing fwd than Walsh. Both will need a few years to develop more of their game and I just think with Lane’s athleticism he is a more enticing prospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has indeed. Very impressive this year.
Do you buy into the rumour that Richmond will use pick 17 to trade down? If so could you see them taking Kolar, Carrigan and someone else like Winder?

Do you buy into the rumour that Richmond will use pick 17 to trade down? If so could you see them taking Kolar, Carrigan and someone else like Winder?
It would not surprise me. Next years draft is exceptional and every club wants a piece of it. Look, in all honesty, I think Richmond want Kolar, then will match a bid on Rioli and that’s it. Leaving 2 spots, 1 for a rookie and leave a spot open for during the year next year if we need to pick someone in the mid year mini drafts. Carrigan has potential and a high ceiling so I could not pass him up in my phantom and I do not anticipate or use pick trades. I love the way Winder plays and is a little under-rated ripper. He may go earlier than some expect. Any team that has 2 first round picks next year I would be very envious of.

It would not surprise me. Next years draft is exceptional and every club wants a piece of it. Look, in all honesty, I think Richmond want Kolar, then will match a bid on Rioli and that’s it. Leaving 2 spots, 1 for a rookie and leave a spot open for during the year next year if we need to pick someone in the mid year mini drafts. Carrigan has potential and a high ceiling so I could not pass him up in my phantom and I do not anticipate or use pick trades. I love the way Winder plays and is a little under-rated ripper. He may go earlier than some expect. Any team that has 2 first round picks next year I would be very envious of.
Can you really see them taking Kolar at 17, I can’t

When picking carruthers for the eagles did you see him as a midfield option? Our back line is pretty stacked especially with witherdon coming in and our midfield depth is non-existent

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would be very very happy with that outcome from the Dees, I'd still be using our 3rd rounder because we have 5 lists spots available which I'd use on Baldwin.

Agree. Poulter, Carroll and Bowey 👍👍👍

It’s then worth taking the risk on Baldwin in the 3rd andyou come away with a bloody good haul!

When picking carruthers for the eagles did you see him as a midfield option? Our back line is pretty stacked especially with witherdon coming in and our midfield depth is non-existent

Wing, half forward. Yes he plays half back but get his tank up and his wing play and linking chain play will be a delight to watch given his exceptional delivery. Replacing Jetta on the outside with his delivery to the forward line is my idea behind that pick. May be a year or two away from regular senior footy but has the upside and skill to be a great pick up for any club, and plays a position and has the skills of the ‘flavour of the month’ style player that all clubs need 1 or 2 of in their senior teams, someone who can link up play, use the ball very well and dangerously deliver the ball with effectiveness to the fwd line.

I wouldn’t say your backline is stacked for the future though. Yes in 2021 he might not play at all, but spots will be opening up soon enough. Hurn has 1 more, Sheppard has a couple good seasons left and Duggan is apparently moving up the ground.

Ford, Rosman, Pedlar-(being mentioned as a bolter) are good pick's for the Saints. And as we have 4 picks, maybe Henry Walsh to finish off, unless we can get him in the rookie draft. Cardillo & Pescad other's we may look at.

You have Connor Stone still on the board when a bid on Blake Coleman is matched... I wouldn't be surprised if we passed on him if Stone is available, apparently the club has been into him and Bailey Laurie in a big way for a while, ie. pre the recent hype.

I wouldn’t say your backline is stacked for the future though. Yes in 2021 he might not play at all, but spots will be opening up soon enough. Hurn has 1 more, Sheppard has a couple good seasons left and Duggan is apparently moving up the ground.
Cole,nelson,witherdon, they are looking at cox from brisbane too.either way you look at it our midfield depth sucks. If carruthers cant play midfield i wouldnt want to draft him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back