SNFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

You are kidding MNM? How has the issue with Caulfield got anything to do with the SFNL ????By the way how are are Oakleigh District going in Eastern again. ???? I think you'll also find that plenty of VAFA clubs are considering leaving to go to their respective local leagues, far too many issues with travelling, lack of numbers, resources, and can't even have a frothy during the games ?
A bayside VAFA/SFNL/MPNFL U/19s comp anyone??

If participation rates continhe to decline over next few years you would hope there’d be some discussions though it’ll likely never happen. Other than Vafa seems like seems like every other local league around is struggling with their 19s in numbers and competitiveness. Hopefully just a covid hangover though. Still believe leagues need to push all Div 1 sides for a 19s.

If participation rates continhe to decline over next few years you would hope there’d be some discussions though it’ll likely never happen. Other than Vafa seems like seems like every other local league around is struggling with their 19s in numbers and competitiveness. Hopefully just a covid hangover though. Still believe leagues need to push all Div 1 sides for a 19s.

Certainly the key to a competitive Div 1 and 2 within the SFNL is to foster talent from within. Amazed that it's not mandated by the league that Div 1 sides all have an U/19 side.

Almost half way through the season.

Top 5 seems like it’s set.

I feel like St. Paul’s will finish on top at this moment .

What’s your predictions for the top 5 ?

Here’s mine

St Paul’s
Cranbourne
Stkilda city
Cheltenham
Dingley
On what basis do st pauls finish above both cheltenham and cranbourne. Completely curious

Certainly the key to a competitive Div 1 and 2 within the SFNL is to foster talent from within. Amazed that it's not mandated by the league that Div 1 sides all have an U/19 side.
Then Div 2 would become Division 1a.
St Kilda City, East Malvern, Port Colts, St Pauls, Springvale & Mordialloc all currently do not have U/19s

Think it will recover but it will take a few years. Covid was a huge interruption. Even traditionally strong young areas are having trouble with U19s this year. It’s always a tough age anyway as it’s a leap, kids making the jump to a senior club and the unknown, plus they have a lot going on, finishing and leaving school, career choices, freedom with a car, chasing girls. Add to that they’ve barely had any more for their last two years of juniors and it’s not a huge surprise many aren’t rocking up to play U19s.

It’ll recover I think as the junior pathways return to normal and kids have a few years of continuous junior footy under their belt.

Think it will recover but it will take a few years. Covid was a huge interruption. Even traditionally strong young areas are having trouble with U19s this year. It’s always a tough age anyway as it’s a leap, kids making the jump to a senior club and the unknown, plus they have a lot going on, finishing and leaving school, career choices, freedom with a car, chasing girls. Add to that they’ve barely had any more for their last two years of juniors and it’s not a huge surprise many aren’t rocking up to play U19s.

It’ll recover I think as the junior pathways return to normal and kids have a few years of continuous junior footy under their belt.

Most definitely just need some continuity of football and it will go back to decent levels.

On what basis do st pauls finish above both cheltenham and cranbourne. Completely curious
Feel like they are hitting there straps !

They are tied with Cheltenham at the moment, and one game behind Cranbourne !

Not like there is daylight between 4th and 1st

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched springvale v colts tyrone vickery kicked at least 9 or 10 then went off 10 mins into the last qtr he was the difference by the lenght of the flemington straight!

Would be some value in this for sure, i think these leagues need to think outside the box to encourage as many u19 clubs to thrive as possible.. Also should look at scheduling, the Saturday morning when many of the u19 kids play school footy may not always be best.

Another poor performance from East Malvern on the weekend, while the scoreboard shows that they were somewhat competitive the result was never in doubt. Smart looking side Dingley, gee they play that ground well.

The 2's only scoring a solitary point is probably more of a concern than the 1's having not won a game.

Why did city under 19 fold
Dingley and Cheltenham 19s refused to play them due to constant fights, death threats, not even looking to play footy and just hurt blokes etc. instigated by St Kilda players in the games. League gave them a bunch of rules they had to abide by if they wanted to continue playing, things like providing cops at games at their own cost, filming games too. St Kilda basically said stuff that and pulled their team and the 19s have split into the 2s and 3s.

Can't say I watched any Saints games personally but speaking to a couple people on match days they all said the same thing. It's a tough spot for St Kilda. They are to be commended for how they embrace their multiculturalism and have players from all backgrounds on their teams. However it does seem like they need to address the issue that these very players are likely using footy as an excuse to simply punch on with other kids.

On a related note down at Souter oval on the weekend caught the undefeated Bentleigh 19s beat the undefeated dingoes by about 4 goals. Great game and that highlighted the top end youth in southern. Bentleigh did seem to be pretty cruisy however.

Furthermore East Malvern seem to be in a world of trouble. Their ressies were completely lacklustre v Dingley while as someone previously stated the scoreline for the seniors flattered Malvern as Dingley didn't have to get out of first gear. Anyone see how Bentleigh went V Cranny went? Had a mate text it was 2 goals the difference at 3 qtr time when Bentleigh had kicked 2.12 to Cranny 5.8. Seems like they put up a good fight and the kicking cost them. Although the Demons have only won 1 game they definitely seem to be more competitive than Malvern, who I don't see winning a game this season. If Bentleigh can beat Malvern in a couple weeks time that's Div 2 sealed for the panthers.

Dingley and Cheltenham 19s refused to play them due to constant fights, death threats, not even looking to play footy and just hurt blokes etc. instigated by St Kilda players in the games. League gave them a bunch of rules they had to abide by if they wanted to continue playing, things like providing cops at games at their own cost, filming games too. St Kilda basically said stuff that and pulled their team and the 19s have split into the 2s and 3s.

Can't say I watched any Saints games personally but speaking to a couple people on match days they all said the same thing. It's a tough spot for St Kilda. They are to be commended for how they embrace their multiculturalism and have players from all backgrounds on their teams. However it does seem like they need to address the issue that these very players are likely using footy as an excuse to simply punch on with other kids.

On a related note down at Souter oval on the weekend caught the undefeated Bentleigh 19s beat the undefeated dingoes by about 4 goals. Great game and that highlighted the top end youth in southern. Bentleigh did seem to be pretty cruisy however.

Furthermore East Malvern seem to be in a world of trouble. Their ressies were completely lacklustre v Dingley while as someone previously stated the scoreline for the seniors flattered Malvern as Dingley didn't have to get out of first gear. Anyone see how Bentleigh went V Cranny went? Had a mate text it was 2 goals the difference at 3 qtr time when Bentleigh had kicked 2.12 to Cranny 5.8. Seems like they put up a good fight and the kicking cost them. Although the Demons have only won 1 game they definitely seem to be more competitive than Malvern, who I don't see winning a game this season. If Bentleigh can beat Malvern in a couple weeks time that's Div 2 sealed for the panthers.
You would find that Dingley had refused to play them.

City did not even play Cheltenham this year ?

So I can’t see how Cheltenham could comment

You would find that Dingley had refused to play them.

City did not even play Cheltenham this year ?

So I can’t see how Cheltenham could comment
Hmmm that’s true, just going off what I’ve heard. Maybe chelt reached out in support of dingley or vice versa

My mailman got it wrong, it was the U19 side he was talking about.
Still think Cranny and daylight. :westcoast:
Cranbourne. Followed closely by cheltenham and st kilda for me.

Hopefully some fully fit teams being seen across the league in coming weeks to give good indications of form in the 2nd half of the season

Cheltenham never played St Kilda City in U 19s as we’ve learnt so who knows the politics and if Bentleigh can keep their U19s together that’s a big future ahead but losing to Cranbourne by 51 pts is not due to poor kicking as having watched Cranbourne live they are next level standard and getting injured players back soon in run to Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back