SNFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Check the photo of the " couple of Punch on's " and the biff and crack at the fence line between a couple of nuffies. A little kid with the footy in his hand just metres away, yeah !!!! . not world war 3, but a real good example to set for the future kids. I say , hit the clubs with heavy fines as its their responsibility to keep supporters in check.
i was more talking about what happened on field.... i wasn't there so didn't see what happened off field...
( i watched game online )

but there's an old saying .... play silly games ... win silly prizes... just from reading what I've read on here... sounds like the EM supporter won a silly prize.

Last edited:
correct me if I am incorrect but didnt the SFNL HQ hand that onto the law enforcers to investigate and advise further investigations off the back of that ?

That is correct.
If the police couldn’t / didn’t charge them not sure what the sfnl was meant to do.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, a huge headache .... I'm sure a couple of Panadol's and a pre-season and he'll be fine...

A couple of punch ons in a cut throat elimination final with 2 teams having a crack and everyone making out like world war 3 broke out.... shit happens ...

the winner moves on and the loser licks it wounds and comes back next year.

bad kicking = bad footy and HP lost .... well done East Malvern.

“A couple of punch ons”? Game still very much on the line and a few HP players completely lose the plot and get sent off. Only a goal down at the time so I bet the coach was thrilled with that. I feel sorry for the majority of HP players who thought winning the game was more important than fighting. One HP bloke was running around shaping up. He can actually play a bit so perhaps should have focused on trying to win the game for his club.

As for the spectator involvement. Can’t really see the lead in but emotions clearly running high by that stage and unlikely the HP bloke would have reacted unless he copped some abuse. Might have been smarter to just zip it in the circumstances. Could have got really ugly.

Should be a good grand final. Close games between Beena and Malvern (round 7 12 points, r15 24 points albeit a low scoring affair).

Panthers are a tall team and may stretch Beena for height, but surely Beena don't let this opportunity slip? Would have been expecting Doveton you would think, who seem to have shat the bed these last few weeks.

Should be a good grand final. Close games between Beena and Malvern (round 7 12 points, r15 24 points albeit a low scoring affair).

Panthers are a tall team and may stretch Beena for height, but surely Beena don't let this opportunity slip? Would have been expecting Doveton you would think, who seem to have shat the bed these last few weeks.
The Doves came in talking a big game year 1 of inception into SFNL and were quite bullish and vocal that their stay in division 2 was going to be a 1 year (2max) stay , Year 4 next year and mounting pressure on the current coach Stapleton who was originally football manager and helped move on cardemone. They will be a close watch and will be up against a loaded Hampton Park that will be at the pointy end with some big signings to come in the coming weeks.

The Doves came in talking a big game year 1 of inception into SFNL and were quite bullish and vocal that their stay in division 2 was going to be a 1 year (2max) stay , Year 4 next year and mounting pressure on the current coach Stapleton who was originally football manager and helped move on cardemone. They will be a close watch and will be up against a loaded Hampton Park that will be at the pointy end with some big signings to come in the coming weeks.
Spot on m8 over the years a fair few people there always bagged the sfnl and when they come in they said exactly that and they thought they should of started in Div 1 and kept telling me they will win Div 2 easily and iv heard it every year since they come in to the sfnl I get great pleasure in reminding them that it’s a better competition than they thought and reminding them about the statement they will be in div2 for only one year they are arrogant and live in the past thinking they are the powerful club they were in the old swgfl for a fair few years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Doveton teams looked very tired and struggled. Credit to EM and EH for taking advantage of this and making the big dance.

Fingers crossed for another good day weather wise!

I think you should keep the powder dry on East Malvern. have only played Hampton Park who are any team of note & they were inaccurate on the day, but East Malvern will play finals. Other than Morrisby, who kicks their goals? I think they're a tall forward short. Maybe throw Collinson down there as well?

Take it to the bank, from what I've seen so far, the ladder will finish in the following order

Murrumbeena
Doveton Doves
Hampton Park
East Malvern
Endeavour Hills
Caulfield
St Kilda City
Keysborough
Highett
Skye
Well here's my 'take it to the bank' post from about Round 5, writing East Malvern off also. Seems I thought more highly of Endeavour Hills than I should of

I think Murrumbeena should win seniors and reserves.. having said that, we know that all you need to do is make the big dance to be able to give it a shake. I wonder if being 17-1 is better than 18-0 going into GF... less pressure?

I think Murrumbeena should win seniors and reserves.. having said that, we know that all you need to do is make the big dance to be able to give it a shake. I wonder if being 17-1 is better than 18-0 going into GF... less pressure?
2nd game in 4 weeks v playing every week. Seen this go both ways but there is a confidence from playing week in week out.

2nd game in 4 weeks v playing every week. Seen this go both ways but there is a confidence from playing week in week out.
Depends on the make-up of the teams. M’Beena an experienced side with plenty of big bodied older blokes. Week off did not seem to impact them prior to the Doveton game and the week off before the GF should suit them. EM have had 3 tough finals. Agree it can work either way but taking into account all the circumstances I would much prefer Beena’s lead in.

Hearing that Endeavour Hills 2s have a player playing that hasn't been cleared by the VAFA DIV 4 club that he came from. Using his name spelt different to register for this season, very interesting.
Soifullah Husseinkhil
Saifullah Husseinkhil

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back