SNFL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Unfortunately for Black Rock they seemed to be the only people wearing the rose-tinted glasses when looking at Hoy. I do think Hoy has qualities as a coach but his off-field issues and personal struggles which occurred at St Kilda City should have been enough for BR to say no. Hoy would not rock up to training a few times without telling anyone, then he finally didn't turn up on match day to an unknowing Black Rock and then it was goodbye to Hoy. All his recruits from City packed their bags too and sadly for them the appointment couldn't have gone much worse.

They'll crawl over the Div 3 finish line but I expect Ashwood to take care of them comfortably next week. Hopefully it's not bottom 2 for Div 3 o_O

Side note but I feel the gap between Div 3s best would stack up pretty well in Division 2 already. Seen Frankston twice and have looked great, along with South Morn (bar the 1-2 random hiccups). Great for the league as the standard of footy is so much higher than it was 10 years ago.

Posted a reply on another post but was meant for this one.

Is it true his coaching staff stayed at the club ?
Or were they appointed by the club separately to the coach pre season ?

Like I have said we have a handfull of players at our club who have played with him or for him and said they were trying to get him to come over .

Whispers were that he was sick or unwell and that he had his own coaching staff who would represent him during that time .

I personally don’t know the bloke , and only came across him during the 2022 finals when my cranny eagles won the division 1 flag .

If it were mental health issues I do hope he is doing ok .

Where did the recruits end up ? So we can poach them hahaha .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Before people come at me , yes I dislike black rock, there players are arrogant and are the privileged kind who can say and do as they please but whinge to the league and sook when it happens to them .
Personally I admit have been a bit one eyed with this club and I shouldn’t as we want growth and success for all clubs .
But it seems it’s a private school boy way down there and there football doesn’t match there cheap ways.
I spoke to a Heatherton supporter who also had claimed BR were all sooks when they had a close win over BR ! Well I remember my boys losing and players from black rock taunting our spectators and players after the loss !
They can blame a coach who left them rd 3 or rd 5 whenever it was , but how can you keep his coaches and expect his players to stay ?
Best of luck to them but it seems they have used Hoy for his recruits and staff - also did he bring Kelm hire with him as a sponsor to BR from Stkilda ? Noticed the same sponsors but they are only new there since his appointment?
By the word of our boys and a few people down at carrum and Ashwood have all expressed the same feeling. And these people have all said they know the man on a personal level through Footy and have said nothing but good by him .
What ever problems he has I hope they were bad enough to warrant his sacking or him departing .
Would love to know the exact details as we are happy and willing him be apart of Andy’s coaching staff next season

Before people come at me , yes I dislike black rock, there players are arrogant and are the privileged kind who can say and do as they please but whinge to the league and sook when it happens to them .
Personally I admit have been a bit one eyed with this club and I shouldn’t as we want growth and success for all clubs .
But it seems it’s a private school boy way down there and there football doesn’t match there cheap ways.
I spoke to a Heatherton supporter who also had claimed BR were all sooks when they had a close win over BR ! Well I remember my boys losing and players from black rock taunting our spectators and players after the loss !
They can blame a coach who left them rd 3 or rd 5 whenever it was , but how can you keep his coaches and expect his players to stay ?
Best of luck to them but it seems they have used Hoy for his recruits and staff - also did he bring Kelm hire with him as a sponsor to BR from Stkilda ? Noticed the same sponsors but they are only new there since his appointment?
By the word of our boys and a few people down at carrum and Ashwood have all expressed the same feeling. And these people have all said they know the man on a personal level through Footy and have said nothing but good by him .
What ever problems he has I hope they were bad enough to warrant his sacking or him departing .
Would love to know the exact details as we are happy and willing him be apart of Andy’s coaching staff next season

Calling black rock players arrogant but follows Lyndhurst pot calling the kettle black

Been reading this and not sure he was sacked as it would have been a mutual thing as haven’t heard Hoyza say anything bad towards the club. Nor did he go elsewhere to continue a role in some capacity. Believe he has issues to sort out off field so hopefully his going well as his a good bloke but just not sure a senior coaching gig is he go due to the huge commitment these days.
Cheers

Been reading this and not sure he was sacked as it would have been a mutual thing as haven’t heard Hoyza say anything bad towards the club. Nor did he go elsewhere to continue a role in some capacity. Believe he has issues to sort out off field so hopefully his going well as his a good bloke but just not sure a senior coaching gig is he go due to the huge commitment these days.
Cheers
Was 100% sacked but I guess both parties just saving face, no use ragging each other out.

Cheers

I was only going off the comments saying he was gone for not attending.

The question I had , and has been for the last 3 weeks is where did all the players go ? And why have they gone from being a top 3 side to the worst team .

People say on this that the coach was a bad decision to appoint .

Since his departure they have lost every game by 10 goals plus and only just won against saints .

Puzzled to how it’s the coach ? Or if it’s the club ?

Hope he sorts his stuff out . If he can guarantee that many players that make a difference of 150 points difference for a club and bring them with him with sponsorship and staff , any Div 3/4 club would jump at it yes ?

Besides that . Are there remaining players injured ?

Can’t just be because a few players left with the coach ?

Why the sudden change of results.

I was only going off the comments saying he was gone for not attending.

The question I had , and has been for the last 3 weeks is where did all the players go ? And why have they gone from being a top 3 side to the worst team .

People say on this that the coach was a bad decision to appoint .

Since his departure they have lost every game by 10 goals plus and only just won against saints .

Puzzled to how it’s the coach ? Or if it’s the club ?

Hope he sorts his stuff out . If he can guarantee that many players that make a difference of 150 points difference for a club and bring them with him with sponsorship and staff , any Div 3/4 club would jump at it yes ?

Besides that . Are there remaining players injured ?

Can’t just be because a few players left with the coach ?

Why the sudden change of results.

Sumner hasn’t played in 7 weeks. Coach left and so did a core group of 1s players. That leaves holes but also absolutely kills the culture and environment around the club. You put all that into a potion and give it a shake and you get left with a tasty drink of checked out players who feel dirty towards the club.

Really rate black rock however. Done many hard yards in order to get a juniors up last year and the senior lads went down heaps to train the under 8s and 9s. It’s good to see they clearly have a long term junior/senior succession plan in place. Many clubs couldn’t give a rats arse about their juniors (East Brighton in past times, StK City). Hard to get a club up in the Bayside juniors territory. The Hoy appointment seemed very unlike Black Rock and hopefully the players are willing to look past it and stick fat over the summer.

Sumner hasn’t played in 7 weeks. Coach left and so did a core group of 1s players. That leaves holes but also absolutely kills the culture and environment around the club. You put all that into a potion and give it a shake and you get left with a tasty drink of checked out players who feel dirty towards the club.

Really rate black rock however. Done many hard yards in order to get a juniors up last year and the senior lads went down heaps to train the under 8s and 9s. It’s good to see they clearly have a long term junior/senior succession plan in place. Many clubs couldn’t give a rats arse about their juniors (East Brighton in past times, StK City). Hard to get a club up in the Bayside juniors territory. The Hoy appointment seemed very unlike Black Rock and hopefully the players are willing to look past it and stick fat over the summer.

A very good way to put it and didn’t honestly know much about the club and its values .

I respect this comment a lot and does open your eyes .

If Hoy was not a black rock type of appointment , why is his coaching staff now the senior coaching group ?

And were the core 1s players his players ? If so he must have great relationships with him .

I typed his name in big footy and it says in the Ballarat league he had helped a club there with a heap of players for a season to get them through a very tough year

I've read some absolute and bitchy crap about BR in the past few days until seeing this post which was balanced and close to the mark. Every Club has made a regrettable coaching, player or selection decision in their history and the BR Board has owned this one. That same Board has made incredible progress in terms of its financial position, new Thirds side, women's football, 2 netball sides, juniors going from strength to strength, record sponsorship income and enviable facilities with a resurfacing of the oval.

This Club will be back.

I've read some absolute and bitchy crap about BR in the past few days until seeing this post which was balanced and close to the mark. Every Club has made a regrettable coaching, player or selection decision in their history and the BR Board has owned this one. That same Board has made incredible progress in terms of its financial position, new Thirds side, women's football, 2 netball sides, juniors going from strength to strength, record sponsorship income and enviable facilities with a resurfacing of the oval.

This Club will be back.

It’s great to see.

So by the sounds of all the information that has been said .

The coach was a regrettable decision

Based on the core senior players leaving when he was sacked ?

Based on he brought his own coaching team ( still active at BR )

Confirmed from a ex player of saints now at Cranbourne Josh.C
Kelm hire along with 2 more sponsors jumped on board with the coach .

From 4-1 or 3-2 to now absolute rubbish .

Seems like it was a regrettable sacking hoping the coaching staff would keep his recruits.

Sounds he has been stabbed in the back .

It’s either they parted ways and there was no problem with either party’s

Or he was sacked for what ever reason .

Confused by this comment . They have done great by the sounds of it . How is it regrettable when the sponsors are still active and the coaches are still there ? Did BR not gain anything

Text message from a player that knows him or some one at club .

“Hoyza had brought in 15 players 10 of them were senior Div 3 players whilst 5 of them boasted Div 1 senior grade resume .
Along with him he guaranteed assistant coaches at no extra to his contract he brought along 3 coaches to help which 2 of them are now head coach .
He worked for Kelm hire for 3 years and his brother Matty is the GM sponsored the club this year along with their service suppliers .
Club contacted all players connected to Hoyza to advise them of his sacking. And if they are willing to stay and explore a contract adjustment .
All players declined beside 2 of them.
Marly and James both Hoyzas mates and long time coaching assistant are still coaching BR .
He was unwell with divorce of his wife and spoke heavily on men’s mental health on social media and amongst BR . He’s a strong man and puts others first , unfortunately he put BR over his children first and they have him a couple please explains for missed trainings that he had already organised with assistant to run .
He wasn’t offered a position in the club to help a person in need . To be honest thumper black rock wouldn’t have liked his up front no bullshit ways , and would have held people and players accountable especially if he was held accountable himself”.

That’s a source that came through about 5 min ago . Might give us all a great insite considering the level of doubt through each post

This Club will be back.
Agree with everything that you said & there's a young lady from Canada on TikTok vlogging her journey getting into womens footy at Black Rock, who is so humble & couldn't be a better advertisement for the club. Worth having a look at her page.

That said, a wise man once told me "you are only one coach away from destroying the culture of the club". I was initially shocked when I saw that Hoy had been appointed preseason & knew it was not going to end well

Agree with everything that you said & there's a young lady from Canada on TikTok vlogging her journey getting into womens footy at Black Rock, who is so humble & couldn't be a better advertisement for the club. Worth having a look at her page.

That said, a wise man once told me "you are only one coach away from destroying the culture of the club". I was initially shocked when I saw that Hoy had been appointed preseason & knew it was not going to end well

Reading by your previous conversations , clearly have a massive problem with the guy ? I guess it’s all speculation and if he is mentally unwell, let’s hope he gets through it . People amongst Div 1 that I have come across and asked have all said nothing but great things . Same as the boys down Lyndhurst.

I wonder how did he ruin a club if he was there 3 rounds ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading by your previous conversations , clearly have a massive problem with the guy ? I guess it’s all speculation and if he is mentally unwell, let’s hope he gets through it . People amongst Div 1 that I have come across and asked have all said nothing but great things . Same as the boys down Lyndhurst.

I wonder how did he ruin a club if he was there 3 rounds ?

I think you've just answered your own question.

Doesn’t matter he’s gone , black rock run out barely a Div 4 club . And to whose fault it is ? Who cares .. can’t be blamed on one person, either way I’m sure black rock don’t care and obv Hoy don’t care if he allowed his mates still coach the club .

End of story black rock can sit back and point the finger . Like my original post states regarding there behaviour , bullying , and shit house footy on others .

But when will they put there hand up to any wrong doing ?

Like I say bunch of wash up private school boys

Do we all reckon Clyde could also have a senior footy club in few years time? They already have a well established cricket club

Do we all reckon Clyde could also have a senior footy club in few years time? They already have a well established cricket club

I'd love to see a Narre Warren North (where the foxes play). Good Facilities and 2 grounds, big carpark which also extends around the ground.

Not in the next 10 years. Having a well established cricket club means nothing (even tho clyde is strong and has great history)
The junior footy there is building but would need to step up a lot. With cranbourne, devon meadows, berwick, lyndhurst all very close there shouldnt be demand or need for another club
Plus knowing the volume of work that went in to get Lyndhurst going, would need some very committed ppl to get clyde moving

Not in the next 10 years. Having a well established cricket club means nothing (even tho clyde is strong and has great history)
The junior footy there is building but would need to step up a lot. With cranbourne, devon meadows, berwick, lyndhurst all very close there shouldnt be demand or need for another club
Plus knowing the volume of work that went in to get Lyndhurst going, would need some very committed ppl to get clyde moving
Fair call… was just curious to know everyone’s thoughts

Doesn't Narre Warren seniors play there.

Narre Warren play on fox road (bout 1-2kms away) so very close. Could be good for some of the juniors who don't end up at Narre though to still be very close to home. Not sure it will ever happen though.

Is there any news on the entry of Berwick springs and Narre and how that might effect the structure of the divisions ? Will there be double relegation in Div 3?

If so this weeks game between bashwood and black rock could be a relegation game.

Is there any news on the entry of Berwick springs and Narre and how that might effect the structure of the divisions ? Will there be double relegation in Div 3?

If so this weeks game between bashwood and black rock could be a relegation game.
Narre won’t settle for anything less then Div 2 and same with Titans(Berwick Springers). I think someone on here did quick maths about how will relegation happen when those two clubs become part of SFNL..

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back