SNFL Div 4 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

M

Moorabbin missing 5 blokes, morno had a guy go down with a knee and there ruckman got reported for knocking the bloke out and should
Miss the rest of the finals. Should be a good finals series
Dirty dog act from the Mornington bloke. Should face a life ban. Would fit in well at dandy

Dirty dog act from the Mornington bloke. Should face a life ban. Would fit in well at dandy
Not sure if you were watching but thought it was a great and hard contest between 2 big blokes, South’s boy had eyes for the footy, same with the Moorabbin bloke. Just really unfortunate that Moorabbin’s bloke went down! Hope he is ok!

Not sure if you were watching but thought it was a great and hard contest between 2 big blokes, South’s boy had eyes for the footy, same with the Moorabbin bloke. Just really unfortunate that Moorabbin’s bloke went down! Hope he is ok!
That's not what happened at all. The South ruckman saw the Moorabbin forward leading and deliberately took him out. Absolute grub

That's not what happened at all. The South ruckman saw the Moorabbin forward leading and deliberately took him out. Absolute grub
I get the rhetoric, wanting him rubbed out because you’re up against them this week. We’ll agree to disagree. Once again, hope he is doing ok.

From what I understand he wasn’t reported by the field umpires. Was a free paid but that is it. We’ll find out this week if Clanger and Johnny are right or just spinning after league review footage.

Blokes are going to bump into each other, people will get hurt. Unless it is intentional- that’s the game. From what has been said here that is what the umpire’s saw!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, might be late to the party on this, but did anyone have any info on the incident that happened in the Lyndale v Dandenong game earlier in the year @ Lyndale? I was at the game on Saturday and one of the Dandenong people was telling me they had a kid get coward punched in the previous game. Can only take Dandy with a grain of salt, but sounded like they were real filthy on it. Had a few officials there keeping an eye on things, two pretty scumy clubs so no surprise. Cheers John

My prefinals tip is Hampton from the clouds, pound for pound one of the best of the top 4. South Morno sounds like the fallout from the last game could be interesting, certainly the hunted. Cheers

My prefinals tip is Hampton from the clouds, pound for pound one of the best of the top 4. South Morno sounds like the fallout from the last game could be interesting, certainly the hunted. Cheers

Would have loved to have seen a bigger ground for finals like keysborough or doveton again. South got exposed in a bigger ground last finals series

Surprising doveton eagles don’t have finals again, good size and condition of the ground and the club sure could use the extra funds hosting finals brings in…
Swung past Heatherton on the way home, ground is a cow paddock compared to the likes of Doveton. Centre wicket slopes down and pot holes everywhere.

Apart from a fence around the ground, how Heatherton got finals is beyond me. Especially when you have Div 1 grounds available eg Springvale, Mordi Div 2 Highett etc

Swung past Heatherton on the way home, ground is a cow paddock compared to the likes of Doveton. Centre wicket slopes down and pot holes everywhere.

Apart from a fence around the ground, how Heatherton got finals is beyond me. Especially when you have Div 1 grounds available eg Springvale, Mordi Div 2 Highett etc

Mordi have Div 2 finals and clubs with teams in finals don’t normally apply

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surprising doveton eagles don’t have finals again, good size and condition of the ground and the club sure could use the extra funds hosting finals brings in…

Ground is great, parking is great, but geez you can barely fall over in their change rooms.

Still 10x better option than Heatherton.

With reportedly no clubs being voted into MPNFL last night, where does this leave South Mornington? Their main reason for seeking affiliation was for their future U/19s & time saved on travelling. Or was that part of the current clubs plans? i.e. knowing that kids won't travel to SFL therefore will leave Sth Mornington & strengthen their own teams

It might be time for AFLVic or a governing body to step in here

With reportedly no clubs being voted into MPNFL last night, where does this leave South Mornington? Their main reason for seeking affiliation was for their future U/19s & time saved on travelling. Or was that part of the current clubs plans? i.e. knowing that kids won't travel to SFL therefore will leave Sth Mornington & strengthen their own teams

It might be time for AFLVic or a governing body to step in here
So all clubs have said No for South to join MPFNL?
I couldn’t read the article

From what I have heard, AFLV do not want to step in and demand things happen and they want commissions, leagues and clubs to sort things out. AFLV sees itself as a last resort. That is why there is chaos in Central Victoria at the moment. At least with the VCFL investigations, there was some sort of clear analysis, guidance and forward planning for leagues and clubs.

It makes total sense for South to transfer over but there are guidelines that have to be met first. Unfortunately, they fell at the first hurdle last night.

It would take an AFLV directive for change to occur. Maybe the southern peninsula clubs should be given back their Nepean league, ringfenced from everyone else so they can stagnate in peace while the northern peninsula clubs embrace change with the south-eastern clubs and raise the quality of competition in the area.

Had it been South applying on their own, I am not even sure that would have gotten through as neighbouring clubs may have felt the club threatened their territory given they would become on-field rivals - being in the SFNL may be perceived as less of a threat in their eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 4 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back