SNFL Div 4 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it needs 17 for change I have been told so if the MP League decide to open up again they are going to need to be sure they have the backing of the current clubs. At least 3 will need to change to join the 14 you gave said who are open to it. Maybe presidential change would bring that but from what I read it seems there are some pretty rusted on attitudes to maintaining the status quo. I’m wondering if clubs would bother applying again?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They will never achieve required support because of their structure. The southern peninsula clubs (on the whole) see themselves as country clubs and only really want to play against each other. They were bullied into divisional football with the metro clubs, they didn’t want it and they’re certainly never going to vote to expand it further.

The league and AFLSE Commission thought they’d be able to push it through and have three divisions (with Casey Cardinia) but they got their watered-down version - two divisions - and they lost the CC clubs. Which is what they still have.

If they truly want to grow then they have to let go of the Peninsula and give them their own league back, then concentrate on growing an outer South East metro league from Frankston across to Pakenham and up to SFNL territory. They need to admit to themselves that the empire that includes the Peninsula is a failure.

For Div 4 to survive, Div 3 would need to get to 14.5 clubs. Otherwise it doesn't warrant having 8 and 6. Let's look at this way, Doveton Eagles and South Yarra are doomed, Masala and St. John's along with Narre Warren enter the SFNL. It's still only plus one.

A 14 club division is tricky, as double up games have a considerable bearing on the outcome of finals, but they can also provide respite for struggling clubs. I just hope the SFNL don't stuff it up and leave clubs in untenable positions.
Easter 2024: March 31st

Division 1

Cheltenham
Cranbourne
Dingley
Springvale Dist
Port Colts
St Pauls
Bentleigh
Chelsea Heights
Narre Warren
East Brighton*
Start Round 1 April 13th: 18 x H&A games + King's birthday & extra week break. Top 5: finals start Aug 31st. GF: Sept 22nd

Division 2
Mordialloc
Murrumbeena
Doveton Doves
Hampton Park
Highett
Skye
East Malvern
Caulfield Bears
Keysborough
Endeavour Hills*
Start Round 1 April 13th: 18 x H&A games + King's birthday & extra week break. Top 5: finals start Aug 31st. GF: Sept 21st

Division 3
Black Rock
Frankston Dolphins
St Kilda City
CPL
Ashwood
Lyndhurst
Heatherton
South Mornington*
Start Round 1 April 6th: 21 x H&A games + King's birthday . Top 4: finals start Sept 7th.
GF: Sept 21st

Division 4
Narre South Saints
Clayton
Moorabbin
Hampton
Dandenong
Lyndale
Doveton Eagles
St Johns/Masala
Start Round 1 April 6th: 21 x H&A games + King's birthday . Top 4: finals start Sept 7th.

*predicted promoted premier

Last edited:

Easter 2024: March 31st

Division 1

Cheltenham
Cranbourne
Dingley
Springvale Dist
Port Colts
St Pauls
Bentleigh
Chelsea Heights
Narre Warren
East Brighton*
Start Round 1 April 13th: 18 x H&A games + King's birthday & extra week break. Top 5: finals start Aug 31st. GF: Sept 22nd

Division 2
Mordialloc
Murrumbeena
Doveton Doves
Hampton Park
Highett
Skye
East Malvern
Caulfield Bears
Keysborough
Endeavour Hills*
Start Round 1 April 13th: 18 x H&A games + King's birthday & extra week break. Top 5: finals start Aug 31st. GF: Sept 21st

Division 3
Black Rock
Frankston Dolphins
St Kilda City
CPL
Ashwood
Lyndhurst
Heatherton
South Mornington*

Division 4
Narre South Saints
Clayton
Moorabbin
Hampton
Dandenong
Lyndale
Doveton Eagles
St Johns/Masala

*predicted promoted premier

You think stkilda city will want to do the double drop?

Sth yarra went into recession in 2006 and came back in 2008 and won a fllag dont write them.off yet with hilly running the club
From what I remember…Yarra were given a choice to play in Div 3 but they did not want to go up. I could be wrong here..that same year(2018) I think they won the flag.

From what I remember…Yarra were given a choice to play in Div 3 but they did not want to go up. I could be wrong here..that same year(2018) I think they won there
There wete only 3 divisions in 2008 we won the flag in 08 and in 09 played off in division 2 grand final and lost to heatherton by 3 goals. We almost went back to back!!

There wete only 3 divisions in 2008 we won the flag in 08 and in 09 played off in division 2 grand final and lost to heatherton by 3 goals. We almost went back to back!!
We’re never in that game! Heatherton lead by 10 goals at 3 qtr time….had the champagne on ice 🍾

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kangaroos looked the better in the first half today and then SM took it to the next level. Heavy deck. Both sides looked to have a few sore bodies at the end
Good tough game of Footy, The Kangas were right in it until South kicked a quick 3 late in the 3rd and broke the game open, Kangas will get their Full Forward and #1 Ruck back next week v Dandy/Hampton, How valuable will the week off be

Good tough game of Footy, The Kangas were right in it until South kicked a quick 3 late in the 3rd and broke the game open, Kangas will get their Full Forward and #1 Ruck back next week v Dandy/Hampton, How valuable will the week off be
It’s irrelevant… Sth are Flemington straight ahead of anyone else

Anyone watch the games today? Surely there must of been a few cards handed out considering the teams!
3 yellows (Dand x 2, Hamp x 1). Hamptons kids were just too quick, played some classy football. Some big ins for moorabbin will definitely place them favourites but wouldn’t write the boys from Peterson St just yet, still backing them in!

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 4 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back