MRP / Trib. Sniper Houston - 5 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

That is puerile at best, I'm sure he is sitting at home thanking the tribunal.

It is what it is, he was always going to get between 4-6 but this bullshit like Nicks saying it was a dog act and this thread just miss the mark.
Rankine got four weeks for very similar just two months ago. I don't get it how Houston is a dog act but Rankine's wasn't, in fact Rankine had more time to think about what he was doing.

Please take off your Crows coloured glasses before commenting. Houston and Rankine were both out of order, no place in the game for this any more.

The thing is that this is not an isolated incident either, there's been about five or six of these types of incidents over the years where Port players have knocked out Crows players in Showdowns.

Nathan Bassett in two different games, Luke Jericho, James Begley, Ned McHenry and Rankine and that's just the ones that I can think of, there's likely to be even more.

Yet Port supporters continually deflect and play the victim card and claim we're the problem.
Parnell

Rankine got four weeks for very similar just two months ago. I don't get it how Houston is a dog act but Rankine's wasn't, in fact Rankine had more time to think about what he was doing.

Please take off your Crows coloured glasses before commenting. Houston and Rankine were both out of order, no place in the game for this any more.
Without excusing Rankine, there is a difference. The guy was tagging Rankine - he’d been scragging him all game and Rankine was trying to get back at him.
Houston’s was part of a campaign to rough him up.
Rankine shouldn’t have done it but it was retaliation rather than victimisation.

Without excusing Rankine, there is a difference. The guy was tagging Rankine - he’d been scragging him all game and Rankine was trying to get back at him.
Houston’s was part of a campaign to rough him up.
Rankine shouldn’t have done it but it was retaliation rather than victimisation.
Still got your Crows glasses on I see as that's a pathetic argument when you concuss a player who's just jogging along. Getting tagged gives you no right to injure someone. I didn't like what Rankine or Houston did regardless of their colours.

The best players in the game are constantly tagged, get used to it, another decade of that for Rankine.

Still got your Crows glasses on I see as that's a pathetic argument when you concuss a player who's just jogging along. Getting tagged gives you no right to injure someone. I didn't like what Rankine or Houston did regardless of their colours.

The best players in the game are constantly tagged, get used to it, another decade of that for Rankine.
Not justifying it.
Just saying there’s a difference.

Biglands mackay

I don't remember the MacKay one.

However there was another one that I just remembered, Mark Keane from earlier this year.

I know Port supporters still bring up Bickley, but other than that can anyone tell me when a Crows player knocked out a Port player in a Showdown?

Seems like the only players who ever leave Showdowns unconscious on a stretcher seem to be Crows players and yet it's always apparently our fault and they're the victims.

However there was another one that I just remembered, Mark Keane from earlier this year.

I know Port supporters still bring up Bickley, but other than that can anyone tell me when a Crows player knocked out a Port player in a Showdown?

Seems like the only players who ever leave Showdowns unconscious on a stretcher seem to be Crows players and yet it's always apparently our fault and they're the victims.
I thought I read Mackay in an earlier post about this, could be wrong though.
Could kind of add Henschel to the list, that was pretty unsavory.

The Sack Hinkley's are in full meltdown lmao

Good, that's exactly where the blame needs to be. Nicks knew it, we all knew it. You have a player that's never had any MRO issues come out and do that. You know exactly where that messaging came from. I watched footage and although the timing of Rankine collecting the ball and Houston hitting him is minimal, you can see him lurking around the F50 and lining him up. No excuses.

Read the findings of both and get back to me. Lining someone up at pace from several meters away and getting them in the chest and neck with your shoulder causing IS NOT the same as contact that created accidental head clash.

Both deserved suspensions… but very very different.

I have no doubt there was a directive for multiple players to get into Ranks but I don't believe for a second Houston intentionally wanted to knock him out. It wasn't far off being a perfect bump but that's the roll of the dice you take if you choose to do it. Don't care about the good bloke defence but I don't think he's a dirty player either.
Rankine had his chest exposed reaching up for the ball. It was the classic charge designed to take someone out of the game.

The thing is that this is not an isolated incident either, there's been about five or six of these types of incidents over the years where Port players have knocked out Crows players in Showdowns.

Nathan Bassett in two different games, Luke Jericho, James Begley, Ned McHenry and Rankine and that's just the ones that I can think of, there's likely to be even more.

Yet Port supporters continually deflect and play the victim card and claim we're the problem.
Yep, had one this morning try to blame Rash and his teeth comment as the reason it got ugly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, had one this morning try to blame Rash and his teeth comment as the reason it got ugly.

They're always the same, whataboutisms and coming up with stupid excuses to try and blame everyone else.

It reminds of when Lycett was rubbed out for knocking out McHenry and the Port supporters were saying that it was actually McHenry's own fault for getting knocked out because he's short.

One time we were on the field when two Port players knocked each other out, does that count?

Although neither of them left on stretchers, and instead were put back on the field to keep playing???

One time we were on the field when two Port players knocked each other out, does that count?

Although neither of them left on stretchers, and instead were put back on the field to keep playing???
That is probably why they think Huston is hard done by, because for them Concussion isn't an injury, it's a way of life

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Sniper Houston - 5 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back