Autopsy Snow bunnies beat the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Too many injuries; too many passengers and a bottom 6 that struggles. Still if we took advantage of our dominance in the second quarter we'd have been in it.

Good year overall. and how are the Essendon, Swans and Cats posters on the Main Board travelling? Forever in our shadow the poor dears :D

If you’d told me at the start of the year we’d go out in straight sets then I’d have been ****ing stoked after last year’s season.

Can’t be disappointed. No Rioli, Birchall, Statton or O’Meara and we battled to the very end.

We definitely need some pieces. Hopefully the off season takes care of that. Still - couldn’t be prouder of this club and to be a Hawthorn member and supporter.

Anyone being a salty little bitch tonight needs to get slapped hard in the face by perspective.

Get a few years in the kids and we'll be right, the senior players were carrying the load as expected, but when there's too many kids there's too big a load.

You can say whatever about the umps, reality is Melbourne scraped into the eight and if we were true top 4 quality the game would be put away.
Lol wat

Can't fault the effort, but I think it's one that got away.

Melbourne showed how nervous they were so many times tonight, and only when the pressure was released did you see them
play with more confidence. Kick one goal, they will kick two.

We needed to put the scoreboard pressure on and we had every opportunity to do that. We only have ourselves
to blame.

A successful year and still a proud hawks fan.

A quality midfielder or two short tonight. Throw in Jaeger and Shiel or another A grade mid and we probably win.

Very disappointing finals series from both Silk and Bruest.

Thought Morrison did well after quarter time, Burton was good but get him in the midfield or forward next year, Hardwick solid, Sicily okay but Nash and Worps didn’t do much.

Not quite good enough for long enough. We can certainly match it with these teams just need a bit more cream.

I think Melbourne will get reamed by West Coast next week and the same will happen to the Eagles the following week in the GF.

We were actually right in it, in fact had ascendance in the 2nd, but couldn't score.
The good news is we got 2 finals into the young core group.
Overall we're back in finals contention if these kids can develop, and I'd like to see a more....violent(?) attack on the ball and man in future! We looked really soft in parts of this game.

Patchy football with excellent moments but Far out... leadership was poor, no show players, exposed forward, midfield & defence.
Sad way to finish the year!
You can polish a tird as much as you like but a straight sets exit again & in the way we folded was pretty poor & a tird will always be a tird no matter how much you rub it.
Doc - miles
Shoey - TOB
Mirra - Brand

Another selection loss

* Schoey was average/ok...
Timmy has past form. That is all.
See you next year
**** MELBOURNE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, for a list that has already exceeded expectations this year to then lose Stratton and O'meara (who are likely 2 of our top 5 most important players) we were always going to be up against it.

Won't get too much into tonight's game - mainly because it drove me nuts - but am very proud of the way the boys kept mounting come backs.

List definitely needs some work but at least we can find comfort in the fact that our boys will not give up.

Oppotunities

We had a point in the second where we should of kicked 3/4

Kicked about 5 points and melbourne then kicked 4 in a row.

We're helpless in counter attack footy. Lack a big marking forward as well.

Good effort, We were a borderline finals team anyways,

Our own worst enemy for a lot of tonight unfortunately. But, the Dees gave us a lesson in finishing off your work, and exposed some glaring holes in our 22. Stratton would have been handy, but either way we desperately need a better key defender than Frawley.

Better year than we all expected, and we've probably finished exactly where we deserved in the end, not quite a top 4 worthy list as it stands despite our H & A finish.

It's incredibly hard to say exactly where we're at right now though. Primed for a couple of years of contention? Destined to be mired in mid table for the foreseeable future? About to fall off a cliff? None seem impossible to me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Looking forward to what emerges next year now. Reckon the boys have got the wheels to play a more expansive game style with a bit of flair. Thought when they played like it this year is when they were at their best. Maybe another pre season in the younger guys tanks will be the thing that makes that style of play more sustainable. Really proud of what the lads achieved this year.

Patchy football with excellent moments but Far out... leadership was poor, no show players, exposed forward, midfield & defence.
Sad way to finish the year!
You can polish a tird as much as you like but a straight sets exit again & in the way we folded was pretty poor & a tird will always be a tird no matter how much you rub it.
Doc - miles
Shoey - TOB
Mirra - Brand

Another selection loss
Yeah nah.

You said it yourself. You can polish a turd as much as you like. The selections made 0 difference. In fact, all three inclusions played their role.

Great idea to play Nash after a worst on ground effort last week. He was useless again.

Hopefully that was the last game Duryea plays for this club. The decision to play him instead of Miles was a disaster.

I didn't mind Doc coming in but was also surprised to see Nash keep his spot.

We got comprehensively beaten in both finals. Both teams that beat us play a fast and exciting brand of football. We only looked good when we were taking the game on. Our forward line needs rework we look slow, we need another gun mid with jaeger and Tom. Backline we need quality like a Rance or a May.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Snow bunnies beat the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back