Autopsy Snow bunnies beat the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Blame injury and umps all you want.
We shot ourselves in the foot.
Can’t fault the effort for most of the night but if you can’t kick the goal, you may as well be playing footy on one leg.

True. Missing simple goals (Gunston 2.5?) not taking contested mark in the forward line and having too many passengers lost the game. Couple of really sh*T umpiring decision at crucial times, but Demons took their opportunities and too good in the end. Not sure Roughead has another year based on tonight, Frawley and Duryea, and Puopolo should be moved on. Breust also had a bad night. So doesn't leave many options up forward.

Of course there’s no guarantees, but bloody hell we just gave the Top 4 a shake after finishing 12th and adding Impey and now you’re writing us off for finals already??

Bradkli and HODGEYROAD will love your angle.
Just saying it won't just happen again.

Teams like Adelaide, Essendon, North & Brisbane should be better next year.

Like i said great effort to make the 8 but we were found out.

I think there will be a pretty strong reaction from the club going out in straight sets just like last time

Of course there’s no guarantees, but bloody hell we just gave the Top 4 a shake after finishing 12th and adding Impey and now you’re writing us off for finals already??

Bradkli and HODGEYROAD will love your angle.

I notice Bradkli has been liking posts tonight. Good to see he hung around during the good times :drunk:

It feels weird that Gunston might've been our best player considering his miss from the goal square basically cost us any chance of coming back. We basically capitulated after that. But Gunston's contested marking was immense and he really showed why he was all Australian. Just couldn't get the job done.

This time last year I was not looking forward to the following season and gave us very little chance of making finals for some time. I hadn't been that down about our side since the dark days of 2004/05.

Going into 2019, I'm feeling really confident that this list, with a couple of FA/trade additions, will be playing finals again next year.

True. Missing simple goals (Gunston 2.5?) not taking contested mark in the forward line and having too many passengers lost the game. Couple of really sh*T umpiring decision at crucial times, but Demons took their opportunities and too good in the end. Not sure Roughead has another year based on tonight, Frawley and Duryea, and Puopolo should be moved on. Breust also had a bad night. So doesn't leave many options up forward.

Gunston 3.4- 7 shots

How good was Hendo again tonight? He certainly did his reputation no harm over this finals series. So reliable and put so. E of our bigger named players to shame.
As others have mentioned when the teams back is to the wall it’s always harder for the outside players. Hendo just seems to work his guts out to get involved when things aren’t going to plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extremely pissed off. Double chance blown again. Also think we need to reinvent the game plan. Possession skilled football is no longer the way to win, it has been trumped by the high pressure play on at all costs style, we are too slow and stop start to win finals and have been since 2016 unfortunately
Just need the players that can execute and it works still

Strats and JOM would not have made a difference. No way. We were beaten in lots of areas - especially in front of goals.
Of course it makes a difference. Stratton is an AA level defender. Mirra is VFL level journeyman. JOM is our second best mid. You cannot having these guys in and the result is the same

It feels weird that Gunston might've been our best player considering his miss from the goal square basically cost us any chance of coming back. We basically capitulated after that. But Gunston's contested marking was immense and he really showed why he was all Australian. Just couldn't get the job done.
Apart from fluffing his chances Gunston was very good.

Straight sets is the new name now for hawthorn. It ****ing cuts deep man, really deep that we work so hard to win those games and just fall flat on our arses when it counted!!
I hear the optimists and I’m trying hard to be with them but I hope we don’t look back on 2018 as a wasted season.
Jaeger worries me.

Does anyone on here actually believe we were a premiership chance? Why all the whinging? Our list profile does not fit that of a premiership team. We are rebuilding, we over-achieved and this was shown in the finals as we have seen. Enjoy it for what it was, the future is very bright! Would you rather be the Cats or Swans?

Premiership? No. A win over Melbourne in a semi final? I don't think that was asking too much. Very poor performance tonight, and nobody should be pleased with it.

Just saying it won't just happen again.

Teams like Adelaide, Essendon, North & Brisbane should be better next year.

Like i said great effort to make the 8 but we were found out.

I think there will be a pretty strong reaction from the club going out in straight sets just like last time

Our last 2 finals series has been straight sets, if we are the club we all believe we are that’s as bad as it gets.

Hopefully there are some ruthless decisions coming up

Super proud of the club for such a quick turn around.
In saying that, we are so frustrating to watch with our ball movement and forward structure. I guess just been spoilt and grown accustomed to our beautiful play and crisp ball movement into the forward line of years gone by.
We'll be right get rid of some of the dead weight and hopefully snatch some talent this off season and we'll be right back up there in a few years time .

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Snow bunnies beat the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back