Autopsy So so so close (Please read OP)

Is it time to move on and lock the thread?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be an interesting review of season.

Many things going in the right direction.

The stars almost aligned, then they aligned as they do with Collingwood...

Overall, like all teams we have some positives, we have weaknesses.

If we are brutal here, over the whole year we'd be comfortably top 4 on performance but again being

brutal, not quite in the league of West Coast and Richmond overall.

Our fortitude and team ethos snared a Grand Final berth, credit to us.

Need a few more missing pieces so we can enter a Grand Final as a clear best in league team.

Felt very 2002, not quite there, but almost, almost, pinching it.

• Be real nice to pinch those ones sometimes (last time we really did that was 1958 and we were a top 2 side.)

In the Collingwood rooms after the game, Buckley consoled a distraught Woodward with a warm embrace, reassuring him it wasn’t his fault.

“Woody’s shattered. He’s blaming himself,” Buckley told reporters post-game.

“It’s marginal situations and scenarios that happen in a game. That’s one of them.

“But the reason I grabbed him was because he can’t be blaming himself. Things happen in life, things happen in football. He was trying to get out of the way and it didn’t work.”

Pendles to often sat off packs and wouldn't sit in the hole. Can anyone recall a time they saw Pendlebury do something brave??
Pendlebury dives in often, tackles non stop, he's as brave as graceful. Don't let the elegance fool you about his brutal play and bravery.

It’s all good to me knowing they didn’t go back to back.

That's it. Tigers fans last year talking about dynasties. Haha laughable. And we are the ones who stopped them from going back to back. We may have lost today to a good side but we had a chance and Richmond who were certainties apparently- didn't even get that.

So sick of losing Grand Finals.
We always choke on the big day, it's bloody annoying.

Ultimately if we are going to be honest the margin flattered us.
They were the better team after qtr time.

Has anyone found Grundy?
What a day for him to have a stinker.
Careful...the usual few on here will call you disloyal because you have to be proud and Pat them on the back for a good effort

Grund, Sidey and Pendles were very poor...but we're not allowed to say that.

Has anyone found Grundy?

We weren't the best team this year.
Our record against top 8 teams show that.

I felt we made this one ahead of time, would have been great to pinch it, but we are just a rung below a team like the Eagles.

It was a flip of the coin contest in the end, and we were never expected to be there.

It's a bitter pill to swallow but aside from the hurt one feels in a close loss, theres more pride there there anything. So proud of this football club and how far we've come in 12 months.

This is only the beginning.

Last edited:

Has anyone found Grundy?
So our Turkish friend, may be ask you a question of philosophy? One I'm asking myself.

Would you rather us make a Grand Final and potentially win but also potentially lose in a heartbreaking manner Or lose earlier and not make the Grand Final?

It is a terrible feeling witnessing a GF loss in a game that was within the grasp, commiserations, Collingwood has had a fantastic year and has unearthed a number of very good young kids, had a great finals series and in the end were unlucky not to hang on despite things not going to plan in the second half.

I have a lot of respect for how you guys played this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone found Grundy?

Flattered us? Bad kicking is bad football and WC choked on quite a few opportunities. Their inaccuracy should have been the story of their loss.

Having lost the grand final last year, you will never want to watch it again. Trust me.
You are very likely right.

Haven't watched 2011 again.

You should report that poster for trolling.

Same thing happened to Crows posters last year. Passive Trolling is still trolling.

No need, let him go. Stand tall, we played a ripper and can hold our heads high.

By the way our coach should be in the dictionary next to the word class

LOL the usual few???

Ohhh you mean the usual suspects desperate for attention by taking cheap shots at the club to make themselves believe their life has some meaning???

Yes of course they are always with us . . .

He sooks about the umps every single week. Ignore him.
I understand the angle. There were definite dubious calls. But they went both ways, and to diminish West Coast’s achievement by blaming the umpiring is childish and classless. End of the day you roll with the punches. It wasn’t the most favourable umpiring we’ve received all year but it was a far cry from the least favourable too.

Has anyone found Grundy?

After quarter time?

The midfield was actually beaten from minute 1. They never fired a shot. We were just very efficient with the ball

Our backs did magnificently given the constant pressure they were under and the lack of pressure from up field.

Our forwards did magnificently given the lack of supply and the lack of QUALITY supply.

This game was 100% lost in the middle. Grundy (unfairly punished by the umps for no reason), Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Treloar and Phillips were so so so poor.

I understand the angle. There were definite dubious calls. But they went both ways, and to diminish West Coast’s achievement by blaming the umpiring is childish and classless. End of the day you roll with the punches. It wasn’t the most favourable umpiring we’ve received all year but it was a far cry from the least favourable too.
Don't stress. The same posters whinge and whine about the umps every single week....so boorish.

They were better on the day and deserved to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back