Autopsy So so so close (Please read OP)

Is it time to move on and lock the thread?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reasonably fit - I go for a run nearly every day, I live inner-city so I walk a lot of places. I often go for a swim.

I was just looking at a graph from my Heart rate tracker over the last month. See pic below. It shows the length of time per day my heart rate was elevated (burning fat)

See if you can pick out which day was the Grand Final? :eek:

6DB1C220-E479-412C-BD7F-2FA0AED8C9E1.jpeg

I keep reasonably fit - I go for a run nearly every day, I live inner-city so I walk a lot of places. I often go for a swim.

I was just looking at a graph from my Heart rate tracker over the last month. See pic below. It shows the length of time per day my heart rate was elevated (burning fat)

See if you can pick out which day was the Grand Final? :eek:

View attachment 568394
So why did you decide to go for a very long run during the Grand Final?

So why did you decide to go for a very long run during the Grand Final?

Because I was playing in the back pocket :cool:

#inmydreams

Seriously but ...

... my marathon time is 3 hrs 54 mins, which is 234 minutes, so looking at that graph I (and probably 100021 others at the ground + those watching on a TV) pretty much did the cardiovascular equivalent of running a marathon without barely leaving the seat :eek:

#lazyworkout

Last edited:

Good to see the boys blowing off some steam.

LOL that Langdon has gone as a packet of twisties. Is he trying to get Dave to like him?

As much as we've suffered, we've suffered it together. That makes it kind of ok.

Side by Side.

So this time last week I was both excited and nervous about the big game.

Fast forward 24hrs and I was a miserable wreck having worked when it was an annual day off and lost the Big one.

Now a week on, feels like an eternity ago but still gutted and hollow. Another flag seems almost as far away as when we weren’t making the finals.

Sigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm at peace with the result but I haven't been able to watch any part of the game again (nor will I ever be, I think).

My love for the club > my sadness about this loss.

As many of you boys and girls travel through life and gain experience you will come to a better place where you can view harsh disappointment with balance. This is not being smart arse but simply a fact of life.

The human experience is one of triumph over failure - but - failure or partial failure is predominant.

This is what gives us that soul deep joy when we succeed - especially against the odds.

For decades now whenever I meet with less than success I say one word . . . (no not that word) . . . . NEXT! . . and shift my focus to the next goal.

This is what the club will do because brooding over failure is embittering and crippling to the spirit.

Onward Pies

FLOREAT PICA

For those blaming the umps Buckley summed it up well at the Copeland. Can’t find his full speech online yet, which is well worth a listen, but in terms of the result basically:

* can’t take anything away from WC who played well especially in the last half. They were the better team and deserving winners

* we kept them in the game by not taking our chances at end of the first quarter, the second quarter and start of the last quarter

* take those 3-4 chances and we take luck out of the game

For those blaming the umps Buckley summed it up well at the Copeland. Can’t find his full speech online yet, which is well worth a listen, but in terms of the result basically:

* can’t take anything away from WC who played well especially in the last half. They were the better team and deserving winners

* we kept them in the game by not taking our chances at end of the first quarter, the second quarter and start of the last quarter

That's the thinking we need - think it was Gary Player (golfer) who said "the harder I work, the luckier I get"

As many of you boys and girls travel through life and gain experience you will come to a better place where you can view harsh disappointment with balance. This is not being smart arse but simply a fact of life.
The human experience is one of triumph over failure - but - failure or partial failure is predominant. This is what gives us that soul deep joy when we succeed - especially against the odds. For decades now whenever I meet with less than success I say one word . . . (no not that word) . . . . NEXT! . . and shift my focus to the next goal. This is what the club will do because brooding over failure is embittering and crippling to the spirit. Onward Pies
FLOREAT PICA
Quite reflective - Cwood must be the only Club where one can tap into free advice on how to manage the philosophical reconciliation of deep, searing disappointment with the need to emerge a stronger, better person.....

FMD - it would be easier if we had just won a few of those close grannies

Quite reflective - Cwood must be the only Club where one can tap into free advice on how to manage the philosophical reconciliation of deep, searing disappointment with the need to emerge a stronger, better person.....

FMD - it would be easier if we had just won a few of those close grannies
So true Tkil just one or two more over the journey would have made such a huge difference for us old timers.

Luck in 64 and 66, something - anything in 70 and 77, a boundary umpire with sight in 79 - that would be enough..
Yep ours is an unlucky club - we need to get everything right and have at least an ounce or two of luck to make it over the line.

So many times the smallest little thing has cost us - McKenna getting knocked about by Tudds and that unmentionable boundary umpire are two that spring quickly to mind.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-10-06/copeland-bucks-reviews-season-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back