Plastic_Hawk9

Debutant
Jul 2, 2014
geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Jets, LA Lakers
Everyone has that one club who they have a soft spot for. Whether it be because of bad luck or because their mate supports them.

Mine is Carlton. There has been no bad blood between us in recent years. They are just beggining their rebuilding stage and i have full confidence the Bolton can take them to a premiership (Not a joke, i think it will happen) and i can't wait to see their progress over the next few years.

So who's yours?

In the early 00's I was really big on the Hawks, especially since they were up the shitter a fair bit. I always told myself if Port went under I'd most likely be a Hawks fan. That hasn't really changed I don't think.

Western Bulldogs. Luke, win them that elusive Premiership for god sake! You see them with great players and teams and they seem to fall just short. It actually pains me to watch it happen to them which tells me I have a genuine soft spot for them.

Also the Hawks, I love their brand of footy. So entertaining! They keep winning me money!

Grew up watching a lot of Essendon - felt pretty betrayed with the ASADA stuff though.

Probably Port.

Mate I love them for it. How can you complain? A team that wins you money and is entertaining. Fremantle is another that wins you a lot of money but by the end of the match, you just want to punch your television in. If Fyfe wasnt there Id never watch a Freo match. Which is quite disappointing because they have the right players to play that attacking brand of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oddly enough as a fan it was probably better you picked Melbourne over Essendon. Not many fan bases around that a Melbourne fan could feel sorry for.
Didn't have a choice. The old man jumped on the Dees after the '64 flag and has been paying for it ever since.

Didn't have a choice. The old man jumped on the Dees after the '64 flag and has been paying for it ever since.

I have a lot of respect for people who have been supporting clubs like Melbourne for over a decade (in your case even more). Oddly enough I don't feel the same about Carlton fans as they seem to have this unwarranted aura of arrogance about them.

Mate I love them for it. How can you complain? A team that wins you money and is entertaining. Fremantle is another that wins you a lot of money but by the end of the match, you just want to punch your television in. If Fyfe wasnt there Id never watch a Freo match. Which is quite disappointing because they have the right players to play that attacking brand of footy.

Fremantle think they have everything they need so they don't do much in the off season when in actuality, they need to act fast before pav, sandilands, mundy, johnson, mayne, etc go

Melbourne. The hardships they've had, their history, the central location, captain Jones and Jack Watts (seriously)

Fremantle think they have everything they need so they don't do much in the off season when in actuality, they need to act fast before pav, sandilands, mundy, johnson, mayne, etc go
Ross will pull off another St Kilda job and coach another team because he doesnt like rebuilds.

When I was younger it was the bombers due to friends, my uncle and the fact that if not for my dad's mates from work talking him into going to Moorabbin I would've supported them. Then Lovett happened. Then the Peptides. Now Carlisle.

Those doping fiends can GAGF. Second teams are dead to me.

I have a lot of respect for people who have been supporting clubs like Melbourne for over a decade (in your case even more). Oddly enough I don't feel the same about Carlton fans as they seem to have this unwarranted aura of arrogance about them.
It's weird. There's a lot of people out there who don't get what a slog it is. Following a team who is consistently garbage is rough. I have a lot of respect for week-in, week-out Richmond supporters - those who suffered through Wallace and kept showing up.

But most people don't get it. They lay into you for deciding not to show up in Rd21 on a freezing cold day to watch your team lose by 10 goals. If the shoe was on the other foot they would be making the same decisions. The media are particularly telling - the number of questions being asked over the Melbourne-GWS crowd was rough consider both seasons were over and Melbourne supporters are, for the most part, over it. There isn't much slack cut to supporters of rubbish teams - yet when only 20k show up to watch Hawthorn v GWS noone questions it.

Remove this Banner Ad

So who's your 2nd club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back