Something that irked me at the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

cosmicr

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Now please don't attack me for mentioning this, I just want to get it off my chest.

10 minutes to go yesterday I decided to get out early and beat the traffic home. I was leaving in disgust, my mood was shithouse and I was very upset about the outcome of the game - as were many other dogs supporters.

However, on my way out I saw Mitch Wallis and Brian Lake watching the game. They were both chatting away, with big smiles on their faces, like nothing was wrong. They didn't seem the least bit upset about the outcome of the game.

This was the icing on the cake for me - why weren't they passionately angry with the performance of the side? It seemed to me like they were taking the whole loss very lightly.

Now I may have totally misunderstood, but that's just how it looked to me. Or am I just taking it too seriously? Maybe they know something we dont:eek:

Now please don't attack me for mentioning this, I just want to get it off my chest.

10 minutes to go yesterday I decided to get out early and beat the traffic home. I was leaving in disgust, my mood was shithouse and I was very upset about the outcome of the game - as were many other dogs supporters.

However, on my way out I saw Mitch Wallis and Brian Lake watching the game. They were both chatting away, with big smiles on their faces, like nothing was wrong. They didn't seem the least bit upset about the outcome of the game.

This was the icing on the cake for me - why weren't they passionately angry with the performance of the side? It seemed to me like they were taking the whole loss very lightly.

Now I may have totally misunderstood, but that's just how it looked to me. Or am I just taking it too seriously? Maybe they know something we dont:eek:

Mate if I had have seen that I would have been pretty unimpressed too.

Let's just hope one of them happened to tell a really funny joke or Lakey leaned across and asked Wallis to pull his finger. :)

Maybe they were in on the "fix" and were thinking of the money the players trip fund had just won.:cool:

Must be all part of Rocket's master plan :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I would have been disappointed too :(
OMG.get over it so you saw Wallis and Lake smiling,in the last 10 min of the game.but not all the game how can you judge them as not being a bit concerned about the result of the whole game.did you ever think that just maybe something might have been said around them that they just laughed off, instead of reacting like some supporters usually do.GEEZ.

i don't think that this is anything out of the norm. I can never forget in Rockets first or 2nd year when we just missed out on the 8. We needed Essendon to roll Melbourne for us to make it in the final game. I was at the game and they had pictures of the Dogs nervously watching the game on the big screen. As usual it didn't go our way and we missed out. I was gutted.

Next day I was having breakfast in Fitzroy and happened to come upon Ben Harrison and Murph having breakfast as well. They both looked as happy as Larry whilst I was still despondent. It was even worse as it was basically the end of Harros career.

From that day on I realised that it really does not matter as much to the players as it does to us die hard supporters. For them it is just a job. The pay check still comes in win or lose. For us it is a lifelong committment.

i don't think that this is anything out of the norm. I can never forget in Rockets first or 2nd year when we just missed out on the 8. We needed Essendon to roll Melbourne for us to make it in the final game. I was at the game and they had pictures of the Dogs nervously watching the game on the big screen. As usual it didn't go our way and we missed out. I was gutted.

Next day I was having breakfast in Fitzroy and happened to come upon Ben Harrison and Murph having breakfast as well. They both looked as happy as Larry whilst I was still despondent. It was even worse as it was basically the end of Harros career.

From that day on I realised that it really does not matter as much to the players as it does to us die hard supporters. For them it is just a job. The pay check still comes in win or lose. For us it is a lifelong committment.

Probably true BomberDog. I would probably be the same if it was just a job for me too.

How many of us can say we are as passionate about our job as we are our Footy club? Very few methinks.

:eek:

they were probably laughing thinking " Geez, we are shoe in's to get a game in the seniors next week after this weeks performance, and i dont blame them ! " :D

They weren't playing so I don't see what the big deal is. Sure they would have been disappointed with the result but if I was in their shoes I would rather have a chat than watch the dregs of a terrible game.

FWIW. Lake was standing in the race for a lot of the game, watching pretty closely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They play their favourite sport and pick up their fat paychecks. I would be having a good old chat and a laugh too.

I love this post, esp this final paragraph. Most realistic post I've read today.

at 10 mins to go i was just havin a laugh with my bomber mates, the game was lost might as well take it easy and start thinking about next week

yeah we have our aspirations and they were shite last year, but they're clearly not the same team either.

...why are you here? on the bulldogs forum?

um, because we just played you last week? Yesterday, in fact?

I spend time on opposition boards regularly. I enjoy reading perspectives of other teams supporters. In the lead up to, and the week after a game, I'll typically spend some time on the board of the team we played.

If you have an issue with that, maybe you should speak to your mods about a blanket ban on opposition supporters if you lose. It didn't seem to bother you before the game when you thought you'd win, and for mine it would be a pretty sad state of affairs if anyone were that sore a loser, but if that's what you want and you can't handle opposition supporters when you lose, try to organise it.

Until then, I'll keep posting where I like thanks, unless I get banned by your mods, which I won't because they have no reason to do so

um, because we just played you last week? Yesterday, in fact?

I spend time on opposition boards regularly. I enjoy reading perspectives of other teams supporters. In the lead up to, and the week after a game, I'll typically spend some time on the board of the team we played.

If you have an issue with that, maybe you should speak to your mods about a blanket ban on opposition supporters if you lose. It didn't seem to bother you before the game when you thought you'd win, and for mine it would be a pretty sad state of affairs if anyone were that sore a loser, but if that's what you want and you can't handle opposition supporters when you lose, try to organise it.

Until then, I'll keep posting where I like thanks, unless I get banned by your mods, which I won't because they have no reason to do so

Perhaps you should just leave it at the reading stage and keep your snide posts for your own board.

Perhaps you should just leave it at the reading stage and keep your snide posts for your own board.

do you not want opposition fans posting on your board? Serious question.

I have enormous respect for other teams boards, proven by the fact I've never been infracted for behaviour on other boards. But if you're so insular you can't handle discussion (or as you refer to it, snide comments) then really the problem is with you. I also praised young Libba for his outstanding debut game in case you hadn't noticed.

Personally what gets me is fans who are incredibly cocky beforehand, then sooky afterwards - not referring to anyone in particular, but you can't just crack the shits because you've lost.

If I overstep the line (which I don't) you have your mods who I'm positive would have no compunction whatsover in wielding the banzhammer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Something that irked me at the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back