Something that irked me at the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Amen to that, cringe-tastic stuff right there. Embarrassed every time I hear it.

speaking of cringe-tastic, I was sitting directly behind the goals, second level, Bullies cheersquad end (right behind the camera man actually, couldn't ****ing believe it, $80 + membership for 2 almost restricted viewing seats :rolleyes: ).

The rotund teen girls who "lead" your cheersquad are something to behold. I'm sure all cheersquads are exactly the same, so it's no slight on the bulldogs. But deary me. I felt like yelling "turn around and watch the footy" when they were facing the crowd, screaming count downs from 10-1 and getting shitty at the other cheersquad members for not being as "passionate" as they are. Really embarrassing.

But to top it all off, we had our enemy cheersquad or whatever the **** they are, sitting next to them. That's right, a cheersquad battle. Let's just say, Mensa had no participants. What a ridiculous idea, all wearing afro's and jackets and trying to "outcheer" your mob.

This was me: :eek:

Don't quite understand it, 'atmosphere' is the worst and most cringeworthy when its artificial like that. The best atmosphere is when the crowd cheers and jeers as a collective, everything else will follow naturally.

I wouldn't read too far into it.

Also re: the whole "they just get their pay cheques and nick off home and don't care" line of thought, seriously, get a grip.

Who are the ones busting their guts in the heat in December at 6am for time trials and gym sessions whilst we're all still in bed?

Who are the ones out on the field and in the dressing room crying after another preliminary final loss because the team and they themselves have fallen short of their lifelong dream again?

The players feel it just as much and more than we do.
Not in bed at 6am, actually of to work so i can afford a membership like most others here.Would acually rather be at the gym.

I think you guys are being a bit hard on the cheer squad there. Sure some of their chants and stuff may be a bit uncool or whatever but most are ok and they are putting in a big effort to try and cheer the guys on whereas most of our supporters are pretty quiet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Something that irked me at the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back