Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
London doesn't have a venue as good the Corner. Well not one I've found.
When Moffat left as booker, about a dozen years back, it had tipped beyond its apogee by then, he started doing festivals. Now like 3RRR Breakfaster Fee B Squared he does weddings. In defence of live, the new Gershwin room sound system is best in Melbourne. The venue tho sucks bollocks

#hummer #humbug
at least I saw it in its glory, same as Prince of Wales. Benny Gale at the Morphine gig there. #marksandman

When Moffat left as booker, about a dozen years back, it had tipped beyond its apogee by then, he started doing festivals. Now like 3RRR Breakfaster Fee B Squared he does weddings. In defence of live, the new Gershwin room sound system is best in Melbourne. The venue tho sucks bollocks

#hummer #humbug
at least I saw it in its glory, same as Prince of Wales. Benny Gale at the Morphine gig there. #marksandman

I loved the Corner. Although not a direct friend the Northeasts have been a longtime family friend.

Fave gig there is probably random but it was Gomez.

Love or hate. Flame Trees has some of the greatest lyrics ever penned.

According to the spreadsheet, that was the first time they were nommed, unless a round was missed. I'm a bit put out too, I win with a pretty obscure band only to find out they were spammed a couple of rounds ago when I didn't realise. People are just going to assume I jumped on spam to whore :(.

ROUND 190. CANADA

Would it just be easier for everyone if I only included my song in my shortlist? That way you can just give mine 5 and raffle off the rest of your botes. If enough people follow those instructions, we should get the rightful winner most rounds.

You only need a voting block of around 6 to win every contest. Have PM'd you and 4 others.

Crevice? That reminds me, if you think Grimes is good, just wait until we bring out Jordan Butts.
I like him already.

Not as good as Rowbottom at Sydney though, lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely the worst and most objectively incorrect opinion I've ever seen on here.
And that's up against some pretty stiff competition.

You'd at least want to use a believable player in this obvious joke. Grimes, indeed.
I think that may have been the idea. Best defender in the game, but will struggle to poll a single vote.

I loved the Corner. Although not a direct friend the Northeasts have been a longtime family friend.

Fave gig there is probably random but it was Gomez.
~97ish ? The were on a recent bill somewhere in Melb.

I luv'ed the Carlton footballer Rhino Ryan o'Sullivans iteration of Max Watts Hi Fi Bar. I always thought I would die on the stairs there in some Asian backpacker hostel fire as I extricated myself up panicked narrow stairwell stairs[sic]. Luv'ed Corner more. Now they have gone peak woke and have multiple posters up on sexual harassment. They misread their market completely, punters want a Carlton draft and Peter Stuyvesant red and mebbe a joint in fresh air outside.

Last edited:
I think that may have been the idea. Best defender in the game, but will struggle to poll a single vote.
I think the AlexRance role they both play, the nflmetaphor <free safety> mopping up the chaos ball, think a team only has room for one. Other player-type is hawk footballer Frawley shutdown role

I think the AlexRance role they both play, the nflmetaphor <free safety> mopping up the chaos ball, think a team only has room for one. Other player-type is hawk footballer Frawley shutdown role
Which is probably why Grimes does the lock down role when Rance is there (Grimes locks down better than anyone).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back