Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back.

Guessing all muscians in your collection would be dead.
My dead musicians are the reason we have, or should I say had, music.

Think I might gracefully retire from the contest Rakey. Any advice or motivation to keep going?
Im so despondent with a 17th. It just aint me.
I just suck at contests. Guess I am more of a freeballer.

Believe in yourself.

I FLOATED THE IDEA OF FREE-FOR-ALLS FOR THE NEXT 5-6 ROUNDS, BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD IMPROVE THE SONG CONTEST.

BUT I DIDN'T GET MUCH SUPPORT, JUST 2 OR 3 LIKES. MOSTLY I JUST COPPED A WHOLE LOT OF INDIFFERENCE TO THE IDEA AND SOME NEGATIVITY

I THINK IT WOULD BE GOOD IDEA TO HAVE FREE FOR ALL'S FOR A SMALL EXTENDED PERIOD, SO PEOPLE CAN GET OVER THEIR "OH, TOO MUCH CHOICE, WHAT DO I NOM?" JITTERS. THERE ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE A BIT OF PRESSURE FOR ONE-OFF FREE-FOR-ALL ROUNDS. "DO I VOTE WHORE? DO I NOM THE ESOTERIC SONG I LOVE?"

THE COOL UNKNOWN QUIRKY OR LAID BACK STUFF TENDS TO BE LOST IN THE MIX.
THE TOP 10 IS USUALLY DOMINATED BY CATCHY VOTE WHORES

THAT'S WHY I THINK WE SHOULD ALL AGREE TO SHELVE THE THEMES FOR A BIT AND JUST BE ALLOWED TO NOM ANYTHING FOR A FEW WEEKS.
BUT I AINT THE SONG CONTEST DICTATOR, SO IF PEOPLE DON'T WANNA DO THAT, THEN SO BE IT. :neutral:

I SUGGESTED FREE-FOR-ALL'S AS A DEFAULT THEME FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T THINK OF A THEME

I THOUGHT OF A THEME.

FALSE.

LINDA PLAYED A MEAN TAMBOURINE AND DID SOME OKAY BACKING VOX ON A FEW WINGS CLASSICS

IT'S ALL RELATIVE... FROM EACH ACCORDING TO THEIR ABILITY.. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THE BEST GUITAR SOLO OR BASSLINE EVER. JUST SOMETHING WORTH REMEMBERING BY THEM... OKAY, POINT TAKEN :D NO WINGS SONGS!
I'm all for a free for all round.

I'm also all for a few rounds where people only nom songs they genuinely love, without vote or billy consideration.

Surely he was trying to get the Billy with that song.
Absolutely he was. That's why I left it.
I never evened listened to the song.

After the host refused to accept my nom of ABBA ring ring I spammed several covers in protest and GC chose that one.

I told you all of this on Monday Drunkgoliath you campaigner, why are you spreading misinformation?

I've tried to win the Billy 3 or 4 times I think and wasn't very successful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So saying "Reckon it sounds heaps like Young Fathers AND The Kinks." was pointless.
Not at all, it was affirming.

They sound different, but the same. The same, but different.

They sound nothing like each other and exactly the same at the same time. It's absolutely mind bending stuff.

Not at all, it was affirming.

They sound different, but the same. The same, but different.

They sound nothing like each other and exactly the same at the same time. It's absolutely mind bending stuff.
You're right. I can't keep up such is the nature of my bent mind ;)

#SongContestResults

3rd place

3​
32​
Another One Another Planet – Only Ones​
This one started slowly grabbing 2 x single votes.

Then smashed 6 x 5s in a row to pip me at the post on the last vote

Sure, great song, but third time nöminated = ignore for me.

:drunk: i cOMes heRE To dIScovErs noo MUzaKs:drunk:

5 JR JR - Gone Plugger35 =27th
4 The 1975 - Tootimetootimetootime SarahSmiles 28th /Billy
3 Baha’i Song - Jacu Jacu _Rake_ =27th
2 Oasis - Little By Little SM 10th
1 Nsync - Bye Bye Bye Noobz0r 11th
BM Secret cutter - mirror mirror AuntyBlindEye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back