Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW THEME IS "IN MEMORIAM - ARTISTS NO LONGER WITH US"

RECENTLY PASSED AWAY OR LONG DEAD, DOESN'T MATTER.

RULES:

1. IF THE DECEASED IS SOMEONE FROM A BAND OTHER THAN THE LEAD SINGER, THE SONG MUST FEATURE SOME OF THEIR BEST WORK OR BE A SONG WRITTEN BY THEM. SO IF IT'S THE BASS PLAYER WHO DIED, IT MUST HAVE A GREAT BASSLINE, IF IT'S THE GUITARIST, IT MUST HAVE A GREAT RIFF OR GUITAR SOLO (OR FEATURE THEM AS LEAD VOCALIST) ETC, ETC...

2. LET ME KNOW WHICH DECEASED BAND MEMBER(S) YOU'RE CELEBRATING

3. NO PREVIOUS NOMINATIONS

4. NO ARTIST DOUBLE UPS (THIS WILL BE AT MY DISCRETION)

5. GET YOUR NOMS IN BY THURSDAY 9:30PM

I wish we could do a free hit round.

Damn... I was hoping I could nom a song that was dedicated to a band member that died :( even their replacement guitarist played in his style for the song.
We've already established Keith Richards isn't dead

NEW THEME IS "IN MEMORIAM - ARTISTS NO LONGER WITH US" (pt.2)

RECENTLY PASSED AWAY OR LONG DEAD, DOESN'T MATTER.

RULES:

1. IF THE DECEASED IS SOMEONE FROM A BAND OTHER THAN THE LEAD SINGER, THE SONG MUST FEATURE SOME OF THEIR BEST WORK OR BE A SONG WRITTEN BY THEM. SO IF IT'S THE BASS PLAYER WHO DIED, IT MUST HAVE A GREAT BASSLINE, IF IT'S THE GUITARIST, IT MUST HAVE A GREAT RIFF OR GUITAR SOLO (OR FEATURE THEM AS LEAD VOCALIST) ETC, ETC...

2. LET ME KNOW WHICH DECEASED BAND MEMBER(S) YOU'RE CELEBRATING

3. NO PREVIOUS NOMINATIONS

4. NO ARTIST DOUBLE UPS (THIS WILL BE AT MY DISCRETION)

5. GET YOUR NOMS IN BY THURSDAY 9:30PM
Is this a non- free for all repeat theme?

Disappointed after all the white noise about themes from the host lately.

I’d give you a free hit of acid and expand your consciousness
Now THAT I'd like to see. I'll donate the headphones and a playlist. Whole Lotta Love, Dark Side of the Moon....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now THAT I'd like to see. I'll donate the headphones and a playlist. Whole Lotta Love, Dark Side of the Moon....
Throw in Electric Ladyland too while you're at it.

Anyone see the mini Faces reunion at the end of yesterday's Brit awards? The three surviving members played a surprisingly good version of "Stay With Me". Listening to him play, I reckon Ronnie Wood's distinctive style of playing disappears completely when he's with the Stones. I much prefer his playing in The Faces.

Anyone see the mini Faces reunion at the end of yesterday's Brit awards? The three surviving members played a surprisingly good version of "Stay With Me". Listening to him play, I reckon Ronnie Wood's distinctive style of playing disappears completely when he's with the Stones. I much prefer his playing in The Faces.
Didn't catch the Brit awards but I tend to agree with you on RWs playing style.

Didn't catch the Brit awards but I tend to agree with you on RWs playing style.
The rest of the show was utterly forgettable, but Rod, Ron and Kenny at the end was fantastic.

Ronnie used one of the guitars that he played during the Faces years too.

The rest of the show was utterly forgettable, but Rod, Ron and Kenny at the end was fantastic.

Ronnie used one of the guitars that he played during the Faces years too.
You were forced to watch it by "She Who Must Be Obeyed", weren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back