Song Contest Part XVII, Host: Riviat, Theme: Greek Mythology/Supernatural, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is hardcore exactly?
Hardcore is typically a genre or sub-genre of other genres, but really it's what you make it.
Theme is hardcore. Genre doesn't necessarily have to be hardcore, just something about the song. Far-fetched noms with ridiculous justifications not only welcomed, but encouraged. Noms due at the usual time and then I'll post them when I can be f’ed.

Video showcases D’Angelo’s hard core.

Hardcore country – a sub-genre described by the nommer as a “honky tonk inspired, cry-in-your-beer, sub-genre of country that arose in the 60's, something of a precursor to the outlaw country of the 70's”

#SongContestNominations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nommer provided this artist bio:
Robbie was an enigma. Dubbed by fans the "Father of American Raga," he classified his music as "Zen Buddhist cowboy songs." Easily as proficient on 12-string guitar as on six-string, his playing and singing were deeply influenced by and reflective of East Indian, Asian, and 20th century classical musics, harmonic and dissonant improvisation, Persian modalism, Native American chants, and modal blues.
He was also a synesthesiac and believed he was the reincarnation of a 17th century Japanese poet.

Then this justification:
Denoting or relating to a type of experimental popular music that is typically characterized by high volume and aggressive presentation. Fits with his experimental style and vibrato vocals

I thought the lengths the nommer went to to justify this nomination was pretty hardore.

The other form of hardcore country.

When I questioned this nom, the nommer took a pretty firm stance that revealed a hardcore side of them I’d never really seen. Guess it took some triangle to bring that out of them.

#SongContestNominations

Dr Peacock - Trip To Ireland was accidentally deleted from a post while I was deleting another track that got substituted out. Playlist hasn't been changed, but it Dr Peacock has been added back to its rightful post.

That is all.

Dr Peacock - Trip To Ireland was accidentally deleted from a post while I was deleting another track that got substituted out. Playlist hasn't been changed, but it Dr Peacock has been added back to its rightful post.

That is all.
Delete Pulp while you're at it - pretty sure it's podiumed before.

Edit: confirmed - round 233 3rd

Delete Pulp while you're at it - pretty sure it's podiumed before.

Edit: confirmed - round 233 3rd
Damn, I'm not great at operating the spreadsheet on my phone apparently. That was the nommer's replacement of another song that was rejected for being a previous podium as well.

I'm going to let it stand in recognition of the nommer's whoring and also because he was mean to me last time I told him to change his nom.

Damn, I'm not great at operating the spreadsheet on my phone apparently. That was the nommer's replacement of another song that was rejected for being a previous podium as well.

I'm going to let it stand in recognition of the nommer's whoring and also because he was mean to me last time I told him to change his nom.

Loonerty is pretty hardcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back