Song Contest Part XVIII, Host: eth-dog, Theme: Worldvision, Votes Due: Sunday 11pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#songcontestupdate

With one left to vote, there is a clear winner and clear second place, and it is impossible for anybody to catch up - they are too far away in the distance. Only the third place podium could potentially change with this last vote...
All donuts have been eaten. Billy sewn up.

Hai!
Im needing some advice from you musical nerds.

My six year old kid has fallen in love with the piano, he plays it for literally hours a day, loves it as much as Minecraft (which he seems to enjoy like a junkie enjoys smack).

Of course when I say piano I mean a cheap Casio keyboard piece of shit.
Now although hes not a prodigy he seems like he has a bit of a knack for it- knows all the notes, has taught himself songs from listening to them and creates his own tunes that only sometimes make me want to stab myself in the ear with a fork.

In essence he has shown enough interest and aptitude that I thought I would be remiss if I didn't put my hand in my pocket and get him something decent.

Then I went piano shopping...

Wow.
Im NOT dropping $10k+ on a something he might decide is 'pooey' next week.

Which brings me to my question.
Digital pianos- any good?
Any suggestions?

ChappyUK
raskolnikov

@Anyone???

Hai!

My six year old kid has fallen in love with the piano, he plays it for literally hours a day, loves it as much as Minecraft (which he seems to enjoy like a junkie enjoys smack).

Of course when I say piano I mean a cheap Casio keyboard piece of sh*t.
Now although hes not a prodigy he seems like he has a bit of a knack for it- knows all the notes, has taught himself songs from listening to them and creates his own tunes that only sometimes make me want to stab myself in the ear with a fork.

In essence he has shown enough interest and aptitude that I thought I would be remiss if I didn't put my hand in my pocket and get him something decent.

Wow.

Any suggestions?

ChappyUK
raskolnikov

@Anyone???

We have a Yamaha P-45. Entirely decent.

Hai!

Wow.

Any suggestions?

ChappyUK
raskolnikov

@Anyone???
I use a digital piano and it's fine :) Good weighted keys are kind of important, but it depends how much you want to spend.

Hai!

Wow.

Any suggestions?

ChappyUK
raskolnikov

@Anyone???
Should be able to scan the marketplaces on FB/Gumtree/Ebay etc for a second hand deal.

Although I have no idea what's good or bad or what would be considered expensive or cheap

#SongContestResults

In 27th Place is "Long Distance Man" by BigBang with 3 votes & 1 Billies (3B), nominated by raskolnikov

In 26th Place is "Long Distance Winner" by Buckingham Nicks with 4 votes (22), nominated by Rodney Dangerfield

In 25th Place is "The Girl" by City And Colour with 6 votes (231), nominated by omgfridge

In 24th Place and BILLY WINNER is "Set The Fire To The Third Bar" by Snow Patrol feat. Martha Wainwright with 7 votes & 5 Billies (B5BBB2B), nominated by SM

Congratulations. You got my 5 votes by the way ;)
Here's Gary Lightbody wearing an Ireland soccer guernsey
6a00e0097df5fe883301bb0798ea3a970d.jpg

In 23rd Place is "Wish You Were Here" by Charlie Collins with 7 votes & 1 Billies (34B), nominated by TubbsFarquhar

Hai!

Wow.

Any suggestions?

ChappyUK
raskolnikov

@Anyone???

The Roland FP10 is a good basic keyboard.

Does Cranbourne Music still exist does anyone know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#SongContestResults

In 27th Place is "Long Distance Man" by BigBang with 3 votes & 1 Billies (3B), nominated by raskolnikov

In 26th Place is "Long Distance Winner" by Buckingham Nicks with 4 votes (22), nominated by Rodney Dangerfield

In 25th Place is "The Girl" by City And Colour with 6 votes (231), nominated by omgfridge

In 24th Place and BILLY WINNER is "Set The Fire To The Third Bar" by Snow Patrol feat. Martha Wainwright with 7 votes & 5 Billies (B5BBB2B), nominated by SM

Congratulations. You got my 5 votes by the way ;)
Here's Gary Lightbody wearing an Ireland soccer guernsey
View attachment 1040091

In 23rd Place is "Wish You Were Here" by Charlie Collins with 7 votes & 1 Billies (34B), nominated by TubbsFarquhar

Haha what?

#SongContestResults

In 22nd Place is "How You Gonna See Me Now" by Alice Cooper with 8 votes & 1 Billies (1241B), nominated by GreyCrow

In 21st Place is "Fable" by Robert Miles with 11 votes & 2 Billies (BB22313), nominated by Chipmunk

In Equal 19th Place is "Homeward Bound" by Simon & Garfunkel with 12 votes (52131), nominated by Elton Johns Wig
AND "Thinking Of You" by The Night VI with 12 votes (2325), nominated by ChappyUK

In 18th Place is "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down with 13 votes & 4 Billies (11B3B14BB3), nominated by MWPP

#SongContestResults

In Equal 16th Place is "Miles" by Mother Mother with 13 votes (44131), nominated by Ulahoopski
AND "Eleven Miles" by Exxasens with 13 votes (3244), nominated by Riviat

In 15th Place is "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab For Cutie with 14 votes & 2 Billies (BB545), nominated by your host, por_please_ya

In 14th Place is "Calling America" by Electric Light Orchestra with 14 votes (54212), nominated by The Filth Wizard

In 13th Place
is "Zzyzx Rd" by Stone Sour with 15 votes & 1 Billies (51B441), nominated by spookism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back