Song Contest Part XVIII, Host: eth-dog, Theme: Worldvision, Votes Due: Sunday 11pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOTED :)

Transformation-Alloy-Deformation-ship-Robot-2-In-1-Car-Model-boat-Vehicle-Boys-Toys-Gift.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Laure Le Prunenec has parted ways with Igorrr. That's a colossal loss for the band. She is absolutely irreplaceable, but they are trying. Aphrodite Patoulidou is a great vocalist and I'm excited to see what she brings. I just don't see it ever topping a Prunenec performance.

I don't know what this means for Corpo Mente but I imagine that'll never return :(

The new vocalist has some chops.

Laure Le Prunenec has parted ways with Igorrr. That's a colossal loss for the band. She is absolutely irreplaceable, but they are trying. Aphrodite Patoulidou is a great vocalist and I'm excited to see what she brings. I just don't see it ever topping a Prunenec performance.

I don't know what this means for Corpo Mente but I imagine that'll never return :(

The new vocalist has some chops.

I obviously don't know those bands as intimately as you do, but it's always a shame when someone renowned leaves a band. Makes me think of John Frusciante leaving RHCP (twice)... that was huge. He's back now though, and am curious to see what they do.

Listened to a bit of that video. Not my style but wow she has an incredible voice. :O In awe really.

I obviously don't know those bands as intimately as you do, but it's always a shame when someone renowned leaves a band. Makes me think of John Frusciante leaving RHCP (twice)... that was huge. He's back now though, and am curious to see what they do.

Listened to a bit of that video. Not my style but wow she has an incredible voice. :O In awe really.
I didn't realise he was back again 😂 not a huge RHCP fan, but I rate him as a guitarist. He played on my favourite Mars Volta records, some absolutely outstanding work by him in those records.

Yeah she will no doubt provide a great performance. The vocalist she is replacing has a similar style, but a tad more raw and avant-garde leaning, where I think the new vocalist is more classical leaning (not that thats a problem) but it might change the dynamic of the band drastically (not necessarily a bad thing)

The old vocalist also sang in a "language" of her own creation, which really allowed her to match the emotion of the track and elevate it without muddying it with any concrete meaning or possible interpretation. It's just really special personally. Makes it easier to be moved by it because it's purely emotional.... That sounds like some hippy bullshit 😂

My friends have learnt not to engage me when I bring this topic up so I don't get to talk about it often. I know it's not necessarily your thing, but I appreciate the engagement as it gives me an excuse to spew my nonsense 😂

The old vocalist also sang in a "language" of her own creation, which really allowed her to match the emotion of the track and elevate it without muddying it with any concrete meaning or possible interpretation. It's just really special personally. Makes it easier to be moved by it because it's purely emotional.... That sounds like some hippy bullshit 😂
Describes my posting with a background interstellar philamonic in my mind.

Will have to bring deadline in till 8pm, 7.30 would be preferable. Forgot I had dinner plans at 7pm my time which will probably run quite late.

I'll tag people after I wake up.
This is an impressive sleep post.

I didn't realise he was back again 😂 not a huge RHCP fan, but I rate him as a guitarist. He played on my favourite Mars Volta records, some absolutely outstanding work by him in those records.

Yeah she will no doubt provide a great performance. The vocalist she is replacing has a similar style, but a tad more raw and avant-garde leaning, where I think the new vocalist is more classical leaning (not that thats a problem) but it might change the dynamic of the band drastically (not necessarily a bad thing)

My friends have learnt not to engage me when I bring this topic up so I don't get to talk about it often. I know it's not necessarily your thing, but I appreciate the engagement as it gives me an excuse to spew my nonsense 😂
Hahaha not hippy bullshit ;) I do understand what you mean. You can get caught up in the music and her voice rather than any specific lyrics. She could be singing about anything.
Something I also like about Sigur Ros who occasionally sing in 'Hopelandic', a made up language.

And yes John is back lol. They are all getting on but I'm sure they've still got some life in them :p didn't realise he performed with Mars Volta, will have to have a listen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

23​
the filth wizardspike1b1
2​
22​
riviatelephant stone
11​
2​
21​
greycrowbreath and life audiomachine21b
3​
20​