Song Contest Part XXI, Host: Purple7x08_24, Theme: Pre-2000, Votes Due: Wednesday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was in Shepp for a 21st, mates and I were in a cab heading out and we said to the cabbie 'Straight through this roundabout mate'.'

And that's what he did, literally. He didn't turned and bounced up onto this big grassy roundabout, took out some shrubs and bottomed out coming down the other side.

Hilarious at the time but hate to know what he was on now.
Holy crap, I worry about some of these taxi drivers. Shep must breed drivers differently.

ArdentEagle

Are we doing reaction videos
I wonder if Harvey Manfrenjensenden ever nommed this

That is gold laughed so hard I cried 😍

sunbeary GIF

SC Update -

13 voters have voted. Plenty have voiced their disdain for the playlist whilst a couple enjoyed it. I preferred the playlist to the Hottest 100 so far but that's not saying much.

Songs in double figures - 20, 20, 14, 13, 12, 12, 11 and 11.

There are 2 Songs with multiple Billy's and 1 donut left.

SC Update -

13 voters have voted. Plenty have voiced their disdain for the playlist whilst a couple enjoyed it. I preferred the playlist to the Hottest 100 so far but that's not saying much.

Say What Weird Al GIF

SC Update -

Not Bad Peter Porte GIF by Paramount Network

Haha. Doja Cat paint the town is literally one of the most irritating songs. And Jack Harlow fmd. The harlow song is ****ing useless. No depth just useless ****ing lyrics that gets the current generation excited. It really is a poor representation of rap.

Can the hottest 100 even be taken seriously

#rantover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha. Doja Cat paint the town is literally one of the most irritating songs. And Jack Harlow fmd. The harlow song is ******* useless. No depth just useless ******* lyrics that gets the current generation excited. It really is a poor representation of rap.

Can the hottest 100 even be taken seriously

#rantover
Showing my age but Doja and Jack can **** right off. Don't get them either.

I really expected Love From the Other Side to be number one so was pretty shattered that Doja ******* Cat got number one. Cheated.
The 200-101 list is where it's at anyway.

Paint the Town Red is testament that a catchy beat can make up for boring, cliche lyrics (I'd love a word tally for 'I' and 'bitch').

Related - Rap's in a interesting place atm. And by interesting I mean derivative and tired.

Last year it's worst year by far. Apart from the Billy Woods and Aesop Rock albums the one's that stayed with me were by women like Noname, Sexyy Red, Chika, Big Freedia and Haviah Mighty. Noname was the only one that really pushed the genre forward too and had poignant things to say.

Current rap can't seem to grow out of the narrow figjam focus atm. The genre used to be at the forefront of social commentary for example. Some of my favourite musicians are rappers. I hold out hope it can have a renaissance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back