Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Votes Due: Sunday 10:30pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I also didn't grow up with The Beatles, even though my dad is English, but he was born in 59, and his fave music was from a decade after the Beatles.

I came to appreciate them after I saw the film Across The Universe which I loved. I got introduced to all these amazing songs, some of which I hadn't realised were Beatles lol. Then through the SC someone occasionally noms a gem.

I also didn't grow up with The Beatles, even though my dad is English, but he was born in 59, and his fave music was from a decade after the Beatles.

I came to appreciate them after I saw the film Across The Universe which I loved. I got introduced to all these amazing songs, some of which I hadn't realised were Beatles lol. Then through the SC someone occasionally noms a gem.
Wonderful movie!

There is such a breadth to their catalogue and the distinct personalities with 4 singular talents whether solo or united.
JUst a freak coming together with more than one musical genius in the band. Probably 3! And a very strong personality and flair with Ringo as well.
Add to that the string arrangements from George Martin.
It was a unique event.

Have you seen I Am Sam? Great Beatles - related movie though it's a tear jerker. One of my fondest memories is watching it with my daughter [who is not greatly indoctrinated into Beatles music somehow!] and when she saw this scene she said 'That is the best line I have ever seen in a movie'. :hearts: :rainbow:

Have you seen I Am Sam? Great Beatles - related movie though it's a tear jerker. One of my fondest memories is watching it with my daughter [who is not greatly indoctrinated into Beatles music somehow!] and when she saw this scene she said 'That is the best line I have ever seen in a movie'. :hearts: :rainbow:

Love that soundtrack.

I wonder if FreoGirl watched Yesterday

Loved that too.😊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMG we were on a cruise once and this was the only movie they played in our cabin, over and over! :)

Each to their own. They did break up 54 years ago so most people weren't alive when they were recording.
True, but they could easily have googled, and they still have a huge roll in popular cultures. I had to discover what mashed up songs were...

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Votes Due: Sunday 10:30pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back