Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Votes Due: Sunday 10:30pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I always struggle with themes like this... because I start over-analysing lol. And I think it's all very subjective. I think... what do we mean by 'inspirational'. Because something ppl that inspires me is going to be completely different to someone else. It could be a one-liner in the song that pumps me up, or a song that makes me think about the novel I'm writing.

Or do you go more general? Like someone singing about their recovery from cancer, someone singing about something political they feel strongly about?!

I think I'm more concerned about whether others find my song 'inspirational enough' to be worthy!

Calm Down Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I always struggle with themes like this... because I start over-analysing lol. And I think it's all very subjective. I think... what do we mean by 'inspirational'. Because something that inspires me is going to be completely different to someone else. It could be a one-liner in the song that pumps me up, or a song that makes me think about the novel I'm writing.

Or do you go more general? Like someone singing about their recovery from cancer, someone singing about something political they feel strongly about?!

I think I'm more concerned about whether others find my song 'inspirational enough' to be worthy!
Don't be! This theme sounds like a personal one. Hopefully we don't get any serial killer raps.😛

purple, I don't look up the songs on SC speadsheet when themes say previous podiums accepted.
So would have no clue whether they did well before or not.
I think it's good for the comp you have newer people with fresh takes on how to approach themes. Room for all of us!
So please don't take offence when I question... 😊🎵 ( not that I think you do! But just in case) and Fossie 32 , I need to stop commenting on other's choices. I'm sorry for what I said about George's winning song. ( out loud...😛) George knows how much I love him!

Last edited:

I always struggle with themes like this... because I start over-analysing lol. And I think it's all very subjective. I think... what do we mean by 'inspirational'. Because something that inspires me is going to be completely different to someone else. It could be a one-liner in the song that pumps me up, or a song that makes me think about the novel I'm writing.

It's open to interpretation. Choose something you consider to be inspirational in whatever regard you think of.

It's the mods job to decide whether or not the song fits the theme. I then vote for the five best songs apart from my own, and Billy the worst song.

It's open to interpretation. Choose something you consider to be inspirational in whatever regard you think of.

It's the mods job to decide whether or not the song fits the theme. I then vote for the five best songs apart from my own, and Billy the worst song.

Yeah going to be voting purely on song quality here, not how inspired they make me feel - that's personal.

purple, I don't look up the songs on SC speadsheet when themes say previous podiums accepted.
I think it's good for the comp you have newer people with fresh takes on how to approach themes. Room for all of us!
So please don't take offence when I question... 😊🎵 ( not that I think you do! But just in case) and Fossie 32 , I need to stop commenting on other's choices. I'm sorry for what I said about George's winning song. ( out loud...😛) George knows how much I love him!
I have voted for podiums before but I have to really like it. I think I've voted for Nick Cave and some other 80s stuff that had podiumed. Perhaps I was a little harsh given the finite number of songs. I think I agree with Ocha in that new music really does inspire me more so than something I've heard before. WE would all agree (I Think) that Stairway to heaven is one of the greatest songs of all time but I may not vote for it if there's new stuff that interests me more.

Most of the music I'm listening to RN is stuff I've discovered within the last 12 months. I think Great Southern Land, OMD Nick Cave and Spandau Ballet are really the only songs and artists I'm routinely playing. Not that I don't like a lot of the other stuff, it's just my preferences at this point in time are elsewhere.

I have voted for podiums before but I have to really like it. I think I've voted for Nick Cave and some other 80s stuff that had podiumed. Perhaps I was a little harsh given the finite number of songs. I think I agree with Ocha in that new music really does inspire me more so than something I've heard before. WE would all agree (I Think) that Stairway to heaven is one of the greatest songs of all time but I may not vote for it if there's new stuff that interests me more.

Most of the music I'm listening to RN is stuff I've discovered within the last 12 months. I think Great Southern Land, OMD Nick Cave and Spandau Ballet are really the only songs and artists I'm routinely playing. Not that I don't like a lot of the other stuff, it's just my preferences at this point in time are elsewhere.
Robert Plant doesn't like this.

Good Times Yes GIF by Paul McCartney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

por_please_ya
Nom a song that inspired you personally. Whether it inspired you to move on from a past relationship, to write a memoir, to run for parliament or to wash the dishes. It's all so personal that nobody can expect their nom to get votes based on how much it inspires them too.

por_please_ya nominate a 90’s techno banger, after meeting me last week you should be inspired 😂

por_please_ya nominate a 90’s techno banger, after meeting me last week you should be inspired 😂
I rediscovered an absolute nostalgic track this week. Not appropriate for the round but I'll nom it soon enough.

Last edited:
I think you may enjoy my nom 😊
I picked something that lifts me up and puts me in a good mood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Votes Due: Sunday 10:30pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back