Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Lunchlady Doris, Theme: Best of 2024 (Jan-Jun), Noms Due: Monday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

How Deep is Your Love reminds me of the couples skate at Carousel Rollerways :)

I remember going to a roller skating rink back in the 80s when it was all the rage but I couldn't roller skate for shit.

I was like Mork in this scene from Mork and Mindy.

I'm not in this round but was closing to nomming a song.

Here's a few that I considered.

My mum would sing this to get me to sleep when I was a baby.

Another favorite of my mum's, this cover was on a mixtape that my dad made, so I heard it a lot on family holidays.

Another one from the mixtape, I've always loved this and am a little surprised that it's never been nommed.

A favourite of my dad's. He always said that one of their shows was the best gig he ever went to.

Another cover, which was the last song performed in the last gig that my dad went to before he died (and the only gig that I went to with my parents).

If I win, double billies next round to make up for no billies this round!
How about we all nominate two songs that contrast, but must be from two different genres, and extend it for a week?

Happy/Sad
Good/Bad
Big/Small

You get the vibe

How about we all nominate two songs that contrast, but must be from two different genres, and extend it for a week?

Happy/Sad
Good/Bad
Big/Small

You get the vibe
Look forward to seeing who will host it tomorrow night 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy/Sad
Good/Bad
Big/Small

You get the vibe
I think there was a double round wayyyyy back in the early days. Would be interesting that's for sure

Big win for Freo!

To the rest of the competition

Arnold Schwarzenegger Entrance GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I nommed a song that my Dad liked.

I could have bote whored with a Beatles song that my Mum liked, she got to see them live in Auckland back in 1964.

She said she could barely hear the songs they played due to all the screaming, one of the reasons that they stopped playing live.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back