Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Noms Due: Friday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a sad one in the context of the movie [Heartburn with Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep] :(
Also Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics and Winner Takes it All by Abba

If one of the 2 previous SC winners nommed this round triumphs again there'll be more salty tears from me.
Just to clarify Ocha

I deliberately said any song was acceptable for this round including podiums.
This is because the song is of such a personal nature.
I hope you won't penalise previous podium songs everyone, as it's not about that,
for this round.☺️
So vote for those songs that have genuinely moved you when you hear them..then or now. ( or make you cry laughing)

Cheers and thanks for all the early voters

Much appreciated!

Spreadsheet phobia update...it looks like it's working this time - so whooh!!!

Last edited:
Oh man
I forgot...this is my real waterworks guaranteed!
So many great versions...here's one I hadn't heard before. I love Sinead O'Conner's version..pretty much any version really will bring the tears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey MWPP , wanna share what you would have chosen anyway?

I'd love to hear it!
I’m not sure off the top of my head, as I’m so spoilt for choice despite some of my recent-ish noms fitting the theme. I would have checked the spreadsheet and then made a decision.

Only recently nommed and never thought I'd like a SZA song but this just fits for me at the moment.

If there's another universe
Please make some noise (noise)
Give me a sign (sign)
This can't be life
If there's a point to losing love
Repeating pain (why?)
It's all the same
I hate this place

Stuck in this paradigm
Don't believe in paradise
This must be what Hell is like
There's got to be more, got to be more
Sick of this head of mine
Intrusive thoughts, they paralyze
Nirvana's not as advertised
There's got to be more, been here before

If karma's really real
How am I still here?
Just seems so unfair
I could be wrong though
If there's a point to being good
Then where's my reward?
The good die young and poor
I gave it all I could
Stuck in this terradome
All I see is terrible
Making us hysterical
There's got to be more, got to be more
Sick of this head of mine
Intrusive thoughts, they paralyze
Nirvana's not as advertised
There's got to be more, been here before

Interested in what por_please_ya would have chosen as well. Im guessing her non-participation will cost me votes.
I was thinking about it but annoyingly a lot of what fit the theme has already been nommed by others or myself. I prefer to not do repeat nominations.

I was thinking about it but annoyingly a lot of what fit the theme has already been nommed by others or myself. I prefer to not do repeat nominations.
But it really was ok for this round.☺️

If a song genuinely moves you when you hear it...vote for it. It's probably been a podium song before for good reason.
I guess I more interested in the power of a song to move us than how often it's been voted for ( for this round)
Ya dig?😄

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Noms Due: Friday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back