Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Things Used in Film Making, Noms Due: Thursday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Post-Rock??

That's Shoegaze my friend and don't you ***ing forget it

*spoken in a Bill Lawry voice
I went with what the nommer told me :)

Shoegaze has been having a bit of a revival lately which is great to see.

Song Contest Update -

12 people have voted.
A couple of people have tried to link the nommers to the songs. The Clubhouse Leader for this is 10/26.
It's a genuine race for the conventoinal winner too now with 7 songs in double figures and 3 songs on 9 votes. One of these songs could be in your favourite genre!
The unanimous Billy leader (after 3 voters) has been chased down, with another nom on 4!

Get your votes by 10pm EST please
Freofalcon Plugger35 MP_ RedmanWasHere Tonga Bob

I'm out for most of the day so might not get to your votes until this evening (hence the early, annoying tag).

Song Contest Update -

12 people have voted.
A couple of people have tried to link the nommers to the songs. The Clubhouse Leader for this is 10/26.
It's a genuine race for the conventoinal winner too now with 7 songs in double figures and 3 songs on 9 votes. One of these songs could be in your favourite genre!
The unanimous Billy leader (after 3 voters) has been chased down, with another nom on 4!

myblueroan Stokey spudmaster Harvey Manfrenjensenden omgfridge

I'm out for most of the day so might not get to your votes until this evening (hence the early, annoying tag).

Song Contest Update -

12 people have voted.

CursingFijian Ulahoopski TubbsFarquhar Loonerty

Song Contest Update -

12 people have voted.

myblueroan Stokey spudmaster Harvey Manfrenjensenden omgfridge

Evening it is then.

Song contest update -

17 have voted and the race is incredibly close befitting such a diverse round.
15 songs in double figures.
15 songs have been classed "Best song" by a contestant (therefore only 2 songs have multiple "Best Song" awards).
Sadly 1 song is still in donut form.
The Billy is an exciting a two horse race.

EDIT - Oh and the best guesser is still on 10/26.

I won't tag the 9 who haven't voted again - you know who you are!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurry Up GIF

#SongContestResults

In 26th Place is Red Dress by Sarah Brand with 0 votes & 9 Billies (BBBBBBBBB), nominated by Harvey Manfrenjensenden

Sarah performs miraculously by not hitting a single note in a whole song. Amazing find Harvey, it had me in stitches and is the most deserving Billy of all time.

Which brings me to the "Guess the Nommers" winner who is TubbsFarquhar who correctly guessed 16/26 noms right. For your reward please assign a Billy avatar to Harvey.

Thanks also to those who gave the guessing a crack. It looked bloody difficult.

#SongContestResults

In 25th Place is Szelem Szelem by Esma Redzepova & Ensemble Theodosievsky with 3 votes & 0 Billies (111), nominated by Ulahoopski
In 24th Place is Garage Girls by Lonyo with 5 votes & 4 Billies (5BBBB), nominated by Chipmunk
In 23rd Place is Lucky Girl by Fazerdaze with 7 votes & 0 Billies (34), nominated by TubbsFarquhar
In 22nd Place is I Don't Know What I Can Save You From (Röyksopp remix) by Kings of Convenience with 8 votes & 0 Billies (152), nominated by Lunchlady Doris
In 21st Place is Sex Offender Shuffle by Scott Gairdner with 9 votes & 7 Billies (1BBBB5BB1B2), nominated by spudmaster

Some of the more "niche" genres got shortchanged here. I for one enjoyed discovering the Gypsy and Garage genre.
One of my biggest regrets was not voting for Fazerdaze (I hate rushing to vote first) and am shocked by it's result.
Kings of Convenience was super interesting but perhaps too weird for the SC core.
I'm actually annoyed Spud billy-baited this round and took Billy's away from Harvey.

#SongContestResults

In 20th Place is Violins by Lagwagon with 9 votes & 0 Billies (153), nominated by Saint
In 19th Place is Kal Ho Naa Ho by Sonu Nigam, Shankar Ehsaan Loy with 11 votes & 0 Billies (542), nominated by MWPP
In 18th Place is Emerald by Thin Lizzy with 13 votes & 1 Billies (5B341), nominated by Fossie 32
In Equal 16th Place is A Sound Heart by Jaubi with 13 votes & 0 Billies (3253), nominated by Stokey
In Equal 16th Place is Lotus by Ummet Ozcan with 13 votes & 0 Billies (212233), nominated by MP_

I thought Lagwagon and Thin Lizzy would appeal to the core base of the SC more.
Kal Ho Naa Ho is my second favourite song nommed in my time here. Thanks MWPP!
Jaubi is the other song I wish I could've voted for.
Seeing Mongolian Throat singing techno makes me wonder how many other genres I'm oblivious to.

#SongContestResults

In 26th Place is Red Dress by Sarah Brand with 0 votes & 9 Billies (BBBBBBBBB), nominated by Harvey Manfrenjensenden

Sarah performs miraculously by not hitting a single note in a whole song. Amazing find Harvey, it had me in stitches and is the most deserving Billy of all time.

Which brings me to the "Guess the Nommers" winner who is TubbsFarquhar who correctly guessed 16/26 noms right. For your reward please assign a Billy avatar to Harvey.

Thanks also to those who gave the guessing a crack. It looked bloody difficult.
Here's an autotuned remake of that song

#SongContestResults

In Equal 14th Place is Looking Too Closely by Fink with 14 votes & 0 Billies (2525), nominated by Plugger35
In Equal 14th Place is It's Not Easy by Lucky Dube with 14 votes & 0 Billies (432113), nominated by CursingFijian
In 13th Place is Hollow Bone (plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ) by In Hearts Wake with 15 votes & 3 Billies (3B5B5B2), nominated by hotchilli
In Equal 11th Place is Rockstar by DaBaby ft. Roddy Ricch with 15 votes & 0 Billies (311442), nominated by Callums_Guns
In Equal 11th Place is Lately by RÜFÜS DU SOL with 15 votes & 0 Billies (11214411), nominated by por_please_ya

We're well into the middle class with hardly anything separating them.
Awesome to see Cursing Fijian enter with a classic Reggae anthem which got my 4 votes.
One aspect of the Billy baits is it takes away the usual Billy's from the metal and rap genres (there's always going to be some dedicated haters though).
Porps nom got plenty of hits just not many at the top end.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Things Used in Film Making, Noms Due: Thursday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back