Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Things Used in Film Making, Noms Due: Thursday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

#SongContestResults

In 10th Place is Little Fluffy Clouds by The Orb with 16 votes & 0 Billies (521413), nominated by Purple7x08_24
In 9th Place is Stalker by DJ Aphrodite with 17 votes & 0 Billies (35351), nominated by Tonga Bob
In 8th Place is Dweller On the Threshold by Van Morrison with 19 votes & 0 Billies (45244), nominated by raskolnikov
In 7th Place is Birth of the Cruel by Slipknot with 20 votes & 1 Billies (22B532231), nominated by Freofalcon
In 6th Place is Head Like A Sieve by Ball Park Music with 20 votes & 0 Billies (443153), nominated by Loonerty

We're now at the pointy end with some electronic noms getting some solid love.
A historic SC favourite in Van Morrison isn't able to add to his glittering SC award cabinet.
Loved seeing Slipknot get love from fellow Maggots.
BPM was well in the hunt before surprisingly fading late.

#SongContestResults

In 5th Place is I Am the Seed by Harp with 23 votes & 0 Billies (45312422), nominated by myblueroan
In 4th Place is Future by Parov Stelar ft. James Deacon with 24 votes & 0 Billies (24341235), nominated by RedmanWasHere

These two noms were consistently polling all contest with Parov ending up having it's nose in front for the Honourable Podium.

#SongContestResults

In 3rd Place is Cinderella by Remi Wolf with 27 votes & 0 Billies (55431243), nominated by Ocha905

Lead all contest until the final 2 voters saw sense to kick me down a few rungs.

5: Destructuration.
4: The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds. (Featuring an interview from Rickie-Lee Jones.)
3: Slipknot - Birth of the Cruel.
2: In Hearts Wake - Hollow Bone.
1: Rufus - Lately.

B: Sex Offender Shuffle.

#SongContestResults

In 2nd Place is Destructuration by Goodbye Meteor with 28 votes & 1 Billies (B4424554), nominated by Riviat
In 1st Place is No Cars Go by Arcade Fire with 32 votes & 0 Billies (43334555), nominated by omgfridge

Going one better than his runner up last round is Fridge who gives Alternative Rock the Undisputed title of the Song Contests favourite genre. Congratulations on the win!

Still a fantastic effort by Goodbye Meteor, earning it 2 runners up awards from 2 nominations.

Overall this proves rock is still the darling of the Song Contest.

Theme please OMG!?!

Last edited:
sick team america GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like my votes pushed No Cars Go and Destructuration into first and second.

5. No Cars Go
4. Destructuration
3. Little Fluffy Clouds
2. I Am The Seed
1. Lately

Billy - Red Dress

5: Fink - Looking Too Closely
4: Parov Stellar - Future
3: Arcade Fire - No Cars Go
2: Ummet Ozcan - Lotus
1: RÜFÜS DU SOL - Lately

B: Sex Offender Shuffle

That Orb song isn't too bad but the Abakus remix of its song "Appletree in my Backyard" is a cracker.
Deserved better tbh. It was a winnable song.

Ocha wouldnt let me do half votes

5In Hearts WakeHollow Bone
4Goodbye MeteorDestructuration
3Arcade FireNo Cars Go
2Van MorrisonDweller on The Threshold
0.5Lucky DubeIt's Not Easy
0.5Da BabyRockstar

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Things Used in Film Making, Noms Due: Thursday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back