Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Things Used in Film Making, Noms Due: Thursday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Steely Dan - Kid Charlamagne has also been nommed before Purple7x08_24

I preferred Kanye's version anyway.

Yeah look that's my bad for not checking it. only got 11 votes last time so I'll let it slide.

I'm going to bed so the playlist is set. If it had done very well last time I'd have it changed.

Yeah look that's my bad for not checking it. only got 11 votes last time so I'll let it slide.

I'm going to bed so the playlist is set. If it had done very well last time I'd have it changed.
Sleep tight. Don't let the weirdos in WA bite.

Sad Inside Out GIF

You might not get that Snowman in as it would be on YouTube Kids.

Just put in the Aled Jones video, it’s the same song.

He wasn't the original singer though. That was 13yo Peter Auty :) The version in the film has been incorrectly attributed to Aled Jones. In fact Peter wasn't originally credited in the original film, as it says below:

Auty was a choirboy who sang at St Paul's Cathedral. At the age of 13, he sang "Walking in the Air", the theme song of the 1982 animated film, The Snowman, but in the rush to finish the film his name was omitted from the credits until the film was remastered for its 20th anniversary in 2002.[2] The composer, Howard Blake, decided to re-record the song for a commercial for Toys "R" Us in 1985. Aled Jones was chosen instead and the song became a hit single. Many people assumed that Jones was the singer in the version used in the film.[2][3][4]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn't the original singer though. That was 13yo Peter Auty :) The version in the film has been incorrectly attributed to Aled Jones. In fact Peter wasn't originally credited in the original film, as it says below:

Auty was a choirboy who sang at St Paul's Cathedral. At the age of 13, he sang "Walking in the Air", the theme song of the 1982 animated film, The Snowman, but in the rush to finish the film his name was omitted from the credits until the film was remastered for its 20th anniversary in 2002.[2] The composer, Howard Blake, decided to re-record the song for a commercial for Toys "R" Us in 1985. Aled Jones was chosen instead and the song became a hit single. Many people assumed that Jones was the singer in the version used in the film.[2][3][4]

There’s no malice here. Peter did a good job for the film and Aled made the song a hit single a few years later. Seems like good teamwork to me.

The only shame is the nommer didn’t nom the full 25 minute film.

This makes sense to me. I remembered the singing as more natural and this version has trilling in that old fashioned way. A pity the original wasn't used. Still good though.😊 Fantastic animation in the short movie.

Oh apologies...it seems to be the same as the one listed...and there is trilling! I just remembered wrongly.😳
Yeah the one in the SC list is the original from the film ;)

Yeah the one in the SC list is the original from the film ;)
Yeah
A very pure voice. Weird how I really noticed the old fashioned style this time, but hadn't when I saw the film. Maybe because it was all just so magical! Anyway I loved the film amd the song.😄

Til Today I Learned GIF by Justin

I was talking to por_please_ya and was surprised that the sequel for the 30th anniversary didn’t seem to be as well known in Australia. So here it is, enjoy!

Apart from for me and Stokey of course…

1712021230589.jpeg

And in that spirit,
Just in case some of you haven't seen it...I promise it's worthwhile. Also a short animated film

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Things Used in Film Making, Noms Due: Thursday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back