Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Things Used in Film Making, Votes Due: Sunday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not in this round but was closing to nomming a song.

Here's a few that I considered.

My mum would sing this to get me to sleep when I was a baby.

Another favorite of my mum's, this cover was on a mixtape that my dad made, so I heard it a lot on family holidays.

Another one from the mixtape, I've always loved this and am a little surprised that it's never been nommed.

A favourite of my dad's. He always said that one of their shows was the best gig he ever went to.

Another cover, which was the last song performed in the last gig that my dad went to before he died (and the only gig that I went to with my parents).

So your Dad saw Chicago in Australia? I think they have only been here once, about 1980 and I went to see them in Melbourne. By that time their records were pretty much soft rock but I was pleasantly surprised as they rocked pretty hard esp. their hot guitarist!

I nommed a song that my Dad liked.

I could have bote whored with a Beatles song that my Mum liked, she got to see them live in Auckland back in 1964.

She said she could barely hear the songs they played due to all the screaming, one of the reasons that they stopped playing live.
Would've been great to be there anyway. I'm glad I got to see Macca :)

Would've been great to be there anyway. I'm glad I got to see Macca :)

He's still going strong at 82 and packing out stadiums, quite incredible.

I got to see U2 in 1989 when I was a teenager on their Rattle and Hum tour, in 20 years time it will be I'm glad I got to see Bono.

So your Dad saw Chicago in Australia? I think they have only been here once, about 1980 and I went to see them in Melbourne. By that time their records were pretty much soft rock but I was pleasantly surprised as they rocked pretty hard esp. their hot guitarist!
Yeah. He saw them at the Sydney Sports Ground. I remember him telling me that Ian Chappell was a massive fan and that they brought him onto the stage.

My mum would sing this to get me to sleep when I was a baby.

That's a sweet song and nice that you know your Mum sang it to you. I assume she told you that rather than you remembering it??

This is one my grandmother used to play on piano for us and sing along to it. I am guessing she sang it to us when we were babies as well. Such beautiful lyrics. :rainbow:

Only 7 / 19 lots of votes in. Don't leave them till last minit pls as my spreadsheet etc skills are not too great :oops:

That last song was written in 1897. Good decade for music, here's one that was written in 1892

Last edited:
Just voted.

Austin Powers Movie GIF

And Plugger35 and TubbsFarquhar

Listening to Paul Robeson today, it was interesting to see he did a version of 'Get On Board'
'This African-American spiritual was first published in 1872 as one of the songs of the Fisk Jubilee Singers.'
It was popularized by Shirley Temple in the 1936 film 'Dimples' from which you may be familiar with through this ad......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 degrees tonight - no rain = colder nights
Gets down to 1 overnight on Wednesday for us. Highest overnight low this week is 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Things Used in Film Making, Votes Due: Sunday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back