Song Contest Part XXII, Host: por_please_ya, Theme: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How, Noms Due: Thursday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I can already guess Fossie 32 nomination this round
I Dont Think So No Way GIF by FTX_Official

In 6th position with 22 votes & 1 billy (555421B) is True Love Will Find You In The End by Daniel Johnston, as nominated by MC Bad Genius
I'm genuinely surprised by that, but pleasantly surprised. This was the first song that we played to my daughter when she was born (one day old in the hospital), so it's always going to hold a very special place in my heart.

And I think knowing Daniel's story makes the naivety of some of his songs that little bit more tragic. As it turns out, true love didn't really find him. I can't recommend the documentary about him - The Devil & Daniel Johnston - highly enough. Truly heartbreaking insight into a creative life so impacted by mental illness.

I almost nominated this live version, because it brought me to tears watching him:

I saw him play a few times around the time of this video and it was just so hard to watch.

Ha, I looked up Daniel Johnston on RYM and saw the cover art of "Hi, How Are You: The Unfinished Album" and knew it looked familiar.

View attachment 2150563
Yeah, the version with more views had that graphic as the background, so I had to find a different version to maintain at least some anonymity!

5 - Daniel Johnston - True Love Will Find You MC Bad Genius - cover of this was released recently in a surfy style by an English bloke called Crybaby. Might like it - might think it's sacrilege :D
Both! If I didn't know the original, I'd definitely like that one even more though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: por_please_ya, Theme: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How, Noms Due: Thursday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back