Songs that reduce you to tears

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by sbagman
The most obvious answer I can think of is Peter Gabriel, "Mercy Street", the long version. But I'm sure there are others. Anyone else? Does anyone else know the song I am talking about?

A very reflective Sbagman.

well... for me it is Into My Arms by Nick Cave and When the war is over by Chisel. both songs have personal significance, and they pull at some strings whenever i hear them

There is one called All or Nothing by a band called O-Town. it is currently number 1 in the states at the moment. that kinda makes me sad, but i dont cry

A few I can think of.

The Cranberries - Linger
REM - Everybody Hurts
Dont Cry - Guns and Roses
November Rain - Guns and Roses
Stand By Me - Oasis
Yellow - Coldplay.
Too Her Door - Paul Kelly

*Sniff*

:(

So Many...

November Rain - Guns n Roses
Your winter - Sister Hazel
Torn - Natalie Imbruglia (was the favourite song of a teacher of mine who died a couple of years ago)
I don't know you anymore - Savage Garden
Bookends, and I am a rock - Simon and Garfunkel
With or Without You, All I want is you, One - U2
waltz #2 - Elliot Smith
Foolish Games - Jewel
Just about anything by Counting Crows

Away Away - Wedding Parties Anything, im sure they didnt realise it when they wrote it, but it always makes me think of my father. Thats the one song can really bring me to tears if im in a 'down' mood.

Other classic 'sad' songs off the top of my head,

In My Room - The beach Boys, classic tear jerker.

In Dreams, Its over, Crying - The Big O. The greatest heartbreak singer ever.

The little white cloud that cried - Johnny Ray

Somewhere over the rainbow - Billy Thorpe version

One tree Hill - U2

Dont give up - Peter Gabriel and Kate (gggrrrrooowwlll) Bush

Atmosphere - Joy Division

Only women Bleed - Alice Cooper

La Vie En Rose - Edith Piaf (i have no idea what she is singing, yet she sings it with such raw emotion.

Your cheating Heart - Ray Charles (hmm that one also fits in the 'break up' thread).

Anyway theres some that get the ole knot in the throat if the circumstances are right.

Bloody hell Grendel, apart from our different tastes in footy teams, I think we would get on really well, our tastes in music are pretty similar.

Originally posted by HahnPremium8
Hero by Mariah Carey.
I always think of the lap around the mcg by Ted Whitten at the State of Origon game. :(

Exactly what I was thinking, Hahn! When it was sung at Teddy's funeral I think almost all of us in St Pat's had to wipe away the tears. :(

I always get misty eyed when I hear the hymn, "Eternal Father, Strong to Save". I remember watching JFK's coffin being taken from the Capitol Building as it was being played. I was only 11 at the time, but the memory is etched in my mind forever.

I also have fond memories of "California Dreamin'" by the Mamas and the Papas. It's my favourite song of all time. Gosh, to be 14 again like I was when it came out! :p

There are a few songs that i get a little emotional about for different reasons, but the main one that brings me to tears is the last post...not that its really a song....but still....i lose it everytime i hear it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

post!
Originally posted by vanders
the main one that brings me to tears is the last post...not that its really a song....but still....i lose it everytime

Geez, vanders. I thought you meant MY post when I first read this! ;) :D

There are a few songs that get me down, but the only ones that really kill me are "I Want You" by Elvis Costello, and "No Aphrodisiac" by The Whitlams. I don't even like The Whitlams, but that song does it every time.

Oh, and "Here, There and Everywhere" by the Beatles. But only since it was played at my mother's funeral. I can barely stand to hear it now - turns me into a blubbering mess.

cast - 'i'm so lonely'
elton john - 'can u feel the love tonight'
shania twain - 'still the one'

ahah.. damn.. how sad...
all favourite songs of gf's that have dumped me... ah

dan25... the kmart song??

u mean that shocker of a song that goes 'la da di da, la da di di ..there is no place i'd rather be... ' ??

hahaha

Originally posted by Mr Ripper
"We are the boys from old Fitzroy" brings a lump to the throat nowadays, that's for sure.

ummmmmmm................Nah, I'll leave that one alone!

Remove this Banner Ad

Songs that reduce you to tears

Remove this Banner Ad

Back